Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

RoyH1

would have transformed our midfield
No, not this season.

I think people sometimes forget how young he is. He arrived in Madrid at the age of 18. It's a bit much to ask a newly arrived player from another country/league to come and boss your midfield. It would have been the same for us. Even worse maybe, since with us he would have been expected to be the Carrick replacement we've yet to acquire, whereas in Madrid all that is expected of him this season is to give Casemiro/Kross a breather.

I think he's going to be a phenomenal player in a couple of seasons time. He went to Madrid too soon.

L1nk

Just looks so calm and composed on the ball, doesn't look out of place at all in that Real Madrid midfield in this PSG match

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Needs to play more. Won't stop saying this until it happens. Gem of a player

PoTMS

He's twice as good as any midfielder we have. It will be fecking annoying seeing him and Bellingham flourish at Madrid and Dortmund.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He's twice as good as any midfielder we have. It will be fecking annoying seeing him and Bellingham flourish at Madrid and Dortmund.
He made an excellent decision not to join us. I have no doubt Bellingham will follow suit.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was brilliant according to reports and his ability on the ball along with his ability to cover ground quickly made a difference in both offensive and defensive transitions from what's being said.

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
He was brilliant according to reports and his ability on the ball along with his ability to cover ground quickly made a difference on both offensive and defensive transitions from what's bring said.
Yes, we were better when he came in and the times he has featured with us he has been good. He's a great option from the bench as he can cover for any of Kroos, Modric and Casemiro but he's also very good as a starter so eventually he's going to be featured a lot more.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He was brilliant according to reports and his ability on the ball along with his ability to cover ground quickly made a difference on both offensive and defensive transitions from what's bring said.
Yep. The moment he stepped on the pitch our press became dominant and we took over the game, and a suddenly freed Modric eviscerated them

Modric and Kroos are still exceptional players, but it's increasingly clear that they can't play together in high intensity games anymore. Hope Ancelotti learned the lesson tonight. With a midfield of Modric/Kross and 2 of Camavinga, Casemiro and Valverde we can compete with anyone. Otherwise, any one of Pool, Bayern, City or Chelsea will simply run us off the pitch

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, we were better when he came in and the times he has featured with us he has been good. He's a great option from the bench as he can cover for any of Kroos, Modric and Casemiro but he's also very good as a starter so eventually he's going to be featured a lot more.
Yep. The moment he stepped on the pitch our press became dominant and we took over the game, and a suddenly freed Modric eviscerated them

Modric and Kroos are still exceptional players, but it's increasingly clear that they can't play together in high intensity games anymore. Hope Ancelotti learned the lesson tonight. With a midfield of Modric/Kross and 2 of Camavinga, Casemiro and Valverde we can compete with anyone. Otherwise, any one of Pool, Bayern, City or Chelsea will simply run us off the pitch
He's gonna be a class act for you guys. He's still really young and he's gonna improve further in the coming years. I'm actually really happy for him and wanted him at United.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry I posted in the wrong thread. Almost all the info is in the PSG thread.
Where it should be. This is the Camavinga thread

I think he is awesome and a good looking guy too :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He changed the game. Breathed life into Real Madrid's midfield.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Shame, was hoping he’d get tired of being on the bench and Madrid would feck up and sell him.

No chance after that performance.

Pintu

Shame, was hoping he’d get tired of being on the bench and Madrid would feck up and sell him.

No chance after that performance.
He is 19 year old. He has limited experience of the very high level with all due respect to Rennes and all. He can’t possibly be expecting to start the very big games for Madrid.

To play 90 mn vs Sociedad and 3 days later be the first sub used in a CL KO vs PSG with 35 mn left (+ potential extra time) means he is getting there quickly…

::sonny::

He is good with great energy and passing ability

it’s ridiculous thinking about we are playing with mcfred, players without any ability

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The only thing I’ll say is : Dropping a kid on very big cash into these snakes is not a good way to say hello. Fred is my favourite player. I know most of you hate him but really players like him on average money are part of the cure not the illness. It’s the other “big” players on massive money that need to get their legs and hearts out of their asses. Start at the biggest earners and sliiiiiice away. Get a really hardworking team and then pay them the most. Not the other way around!!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He is 19 year old. He has limited experience of the very high level with all due respect to Rennes and all. He can’t possibly be expecting to start the very big games for Madrid.

To play 90 mn vs Sociedad and 3 days later be the first sub used in a CL KO vs PSG with 35 mn left (+ potential extra time) means he is getting there quickly…
wtf :lol: Real Madrid is his dream move, even if he didn't play, no one would have had the possibility of getting him
I’m a big fan! I was living in hope!

RoyH1

He seems to have a real good chemistry with Alaba and Militao. And learning from the likes of Modric and Kroos is never a bad thing. Seems like Madrid got themselves another midfield steal. They always seem to be able to pick up quality midfielders at reasonable prices.

marktan

He's class, you only had to watch 5 minutes of him when he was 17 to see the talent he possessed.

It's a sad thing though that all the top talents by default want to go to clubs like Madrid and for low-ish transfer figures. We could've been in that bracket had SAF been allowed to add to that 07/08 team, especially when Ronaldo left. Instead we were paying something outrageous in debt interest payments for quite a few years until we refinanced it, and so had to settle for a window of Owen, Obertan and Valencia.

Conceivably we could've also signed the likes of Hazard as he wanted to go to the CL winner. Benzema had we had money to spend. When people ask when our decline started, it was right there and it was due to the Glazers. To lose Tevez and Ronaldo in one window and not even try to replace them.. it's hard to come back from that.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he was sensational vs Getafe. He's going to be some player this lad.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
We said it first here in RedCafe. Credit to all of us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably needs to start the semis. For all their experience you really can’t get away with a midfield 3 of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro for like the 7th year running

arnie_ni

Weren't we linked with him or was that just the whole caf wanting him

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Probably needs to start the semis. For all their experience you really can’t get away with a midfield 3 of Modric, Kroos and Casemiro for like the 7th year running
Been saying this for a while. Modric-Camavinga-Valverde is our best midfield configuration