Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

One of him or Neves will do. It’s an instant upgrade to our midfield. After watching Matic yesterday, i am convinced his legs are gone

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He obviously won't be ready to start for us in the premier league straight away at 18 years old in a crucial position like cdm. .
I always remember my Dad saying "If Pele was English, he wouldn't have got a game until he was 24".....:rolleyes:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think we will end up signing him. Romano thinks it's between PSG and United this summer, with Bayern, Madrid etc positioning themselves for next summer. But Romano along with several French outlets have reported that Camavinga will now move from Rennes and it wouldn't be surprise me to see us sign him. But it also wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at PSG but I'm staying positive.
I think if we get a decent fee for Lingard the dominoes will start to fall rather quickly, and this seems the likeliest option. One of those things where you just wake up and it happened.

Or…at least I will wake, due to my time zone.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think if we get a decent fee for Lingard the dominoes will start to fall rather quickly, and this seems the likeliest option. One of those things where you just wake up and it happened.

Or…at least I will wake, due to my time zone.
I just hope we can bid Lingard farewell soon. The club obviously will have their valuation which I hope someone meets.

Gandalf

You don’t think he’ll run down his contract this year and have his choice of clubs to choose next year?
He might but in the back of his mind he has to be thinking that he missed the Euro squad by a whisker and therefore has a great shot at fighting his way into the England reckoning for the World Cup with a strong season. Coming off the bench for 5 minutes at the end of a handful of games for United will be the end of him as an international footballer.

SATA

He might but in the back of his mind he has to be thinking that he missed the Euro squad by a whisker and therefore has a great shot at fighting his way into the England reckoning for the World Cup with a strong season. Coming off the bench for 5 minutes at the end of a handful of games for United will be the end of him as an international footballer.
Mate i’m talking about Camavinga while I think you are on Lingard

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So we gonna sell one of our best at keeping the ball under pressure and good passing because we can’t sell anyone else?
Tbh with you, his ball retention skills are not much use to us sitting on the bench. If he moves it's because he knows he won't be getting many chances under Solskjaer.

Artimities

Am I the only one that feels Matic is inconsistent? He is ok at points, but I swear I see him give the ball away at horrible times. He is slow, and doesnt look sharp most of the time. We should rely on someone else and have him on the bench. Just my 2 cents.

Of course, I am the same person that thought Berbatov was secretly one of our best players before he left... so what do I know.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You don’t think he’ll run down his contract this year and have his choice of clubs to choose next year?
He could, but Rennes then have no incentive to play him over their other midfielders who will need games to develop.

youmeletsfly

So we gonna sell one of our best at keeping the ball under pressure and good passing because we can’t sell anyone else?
It kinda does make sense though. He;s the only one with any resale value at the moment, as he didn't play that much and that bad to make him seem useless like the others (Lingard, James, etc).

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Selling van De Beek wouldn’t be that weird since it’s clear Ole doesn’t fancy him. What would be weird is that he’s played, what 5 games for us? :lol: Even Forlan and Veron had games before we moved them on.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Tbh with you, his ball retention skills are not much use to us sitting on the bench. If he moves it's because he knows he won't be getting many chances under Solskjaer.
For me the ideal midfield would have Donny - DeJong - Bruno

but that would have taken money and balls of steel

SATA

I don’t think Donny will be sold. Probably the club will sanction a loan move for him back to Ajax or one of those miserly Italian clubs, for his own good

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don’t think Donny will be sold. Probably the club will sanction a loan move for him back to Ajax or one of those miserly Italian clubs, for his own good
I hope its true about Donny wanting game time, because it shows he has ambition to play rather than be satisfied to just be a squad player, which many of our players have become comfortable with.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know but we have a week left

question; would you persevere with what we have if we had a genuine chance to sign DeJong in January?
Yes I would wait, because Frenkie is that good IMO.

But having said that, if I was to compare Camavinga stylistically to anyone it would be Frenkie de Jong. FDJ came through the ranks at Willem II in the Netherlands and was bought by Ajax at 18. And after a bedding in period where if I'm not mistaken, he played in their second team for a period before he exploded in the Ajax first team.

Tallis

Am I the only one that feels Matic is inconsistent? He is ok at points, but I swear I see him give the ball away at horrible times. He is slow, and doesnt look sharp most of the time. We should rely on someone else and have him on the bench. Just my 2 cents.

Of course, I am the same person that thought Berbatov was secretly one of our best players before he left... so what do I know.
He needs a run of games to find his touch and build his fitness up to a half decent standard. Season before last, he got a run of games after the restart and was okayish. I suspect it’s true for other older players as well.

lenny_1248

After watching pastor Fred's masterclass against Saints, I want Camavinga more than Margot Robbie. ffs

MDFC Manager

I know but we have a week left

question; would you persevere with what we have if we had a genuine chance to sign DeJong in January?
I think we genuinely have 2 spots in central midfield that we should be looking to fill. So we should try for De Jong when the opportunity arises but also get someone in this window.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If we had to pick between him and Tchouameni, who do we go for?

I wonder if that's the actual decision facing the scouts/staff right now.
I’d prefer Tchouameni purely down to the former’s desire to play at RM.

I’m sure the decision isn’t about which potential superstar we sign, it’s about availability. All we here are rumours in the media

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
L'equipe reports that he will go to PSG for over 30 million Euro.
If true, football is becoming a joke. 3 clubs buying like never before while the rest is suffering from the effects of the pandemic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
L'equipe reports that he will go to PSG for over 30 million Euro.
If true, football is becoming a joke. 3 clubs buying like never before while the rest is suffering from the effects of the pandemic.
I'm sure if he wanted to come to United as much as he wants to go to Paris, he'd be a Manchester United player.
If he doesn't come to United, it won't be because the fee was unreasonable.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sportbild is reporting the same: 30mio € to PSG
Sounds like a done deal. Thought he`d go for more €. Maybe only PSG was really in for him. (Bayern were reported to be interested but we seem set on Sabitzer now)

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It feels as though we’re ready to pounce if we get an indication that he wants to come here.

The problem is that I don’t think he wants to

Status
Not open for further replies.