Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don't think it should be a lot. Varane has no resale obviously but the other two are safe bets at those prices. We spent nothing last summer. I really hope we could make three moves like this without relying on offsets. I get your point but I just hope it isn't that way.
That’s not true though, we’ve spent all our budgets last summer + winter:

VDB - 35m + 5m
Diallo - 25m + 15m
Pellistri - 10m
Telles - 15m

total - 85m + 20m add-ons

TheReligion

Abusive
This is my unlikely muppet train of the summer....which was originally Varane, but that one I'm starting to believe, maybe foolishly, that it can happen.
Has there been something of note on Varane? I've just been waiting on Sancho to be finalised so keeping away from other things.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can't get excited about buying another future star type player who's as young as he is as at United he'll stagnate unless he plays regularly, which I don't think he will.

Bondi77

How do we know he has officially informed the club?
So we are going to make a bid for this guy and we are having contract talks wit Pogba and we have not agreed a final fee for Sancho yet
Oh! and we have not sold anyone yet,
What a load of old shite!

Dazzmondo

I can't get excited about buying another future star type player who's as young as he is as at United he'll stagnate unless he plays regularly, which I don't think he will.
Why wouldn't he play? He's already miles better than both Fred and McTominay. This isn't like an Amad where the player is talented but hasn't played at a high level. Ligue 1 has become a very good league.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
How do we know he has officially informed the club?
So we are going to make a bid for this guy and we are having contract talks wit Pogba and we have not agreed a final fee for Sancho yet
Oh! and we have not sold anyone yet,
What a load of old shite!
Because he/the agent told pressers to get some coverage...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't see Ole buying someone that will immediately boot out McFred though. More like someone who can push them, rotate and improve in the future.
It was reported in March this year that United wanted to sign a young up and coming midfielder who is a 'emerging midfield star'. Camavinga does fall into that category.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not that it's even remotely relevant, but signing Camavinga will make United the easiest team to manage on the new FM by a hilarious margin.

PoTMS

Before anyone gets their dicks out, this one isn't happening. There is no way PSG or his agent will just let us snap him up.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Except Camavinga already had 56 starting XI appearances in ligue 1, 4 starting XI in UCL, 2 in EL, and was called in France national team. It’s not like this is similar to Diallo and Pellistri who never had starting XI appearances in good European level.

RUCK4444

Would absolve love us to swoop in for this lad, he is a top drawer talent.

If we can eventually get a top DM our midfield options will be incredible.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Before anyone gets their dicks out, this one isn't happening. There is no way PSG or his agent will just let us snap him up.
His agent (Jonathan Barnett) has alot of his clients at United and has a good relationship with the club.

Nick7

Not that it's even remotely relevant, but signing Camavinga will make United the easiest team to manage on the new FM by a hilarious margin.
We already are tbf. Some of our players are hilariously overpowered in it. Lingard especially, man is a goal machine on FM.

jamesjimmybyrondean

His stats when he played more defensively last 2 seasons was Kante and Ndidi level. I see our interest is more of "we cant miss out on a potential world class player" rather than "he will solve our midfield'. After missing out on Haaland and Bellingham and knowing we are spending so much on Sanch and still after a CB, I'm very doubtful about this

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It was reported in March this year that United wanted to sign a young up and coming midfielder who is a 'emerging midfield star'. Camavinga does fall into that category.
Also a good point and we actively went after Bellingham, so you don't just lose interest in that sort of profile.

Bondi77

Was it a credible report or was it a presumption by someone who noticed that we missed out on Bellingham last season and thought it would have legs?

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was it a credible report or was it a presumption by someone who noticed that we missed out on Bellingham last season and thought it would have legs?
I can't remember who reported it now, but I do remember discussing it over PM with a member on here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It was reported by Telegraph (McGrathMike)

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Don't get me wrong, he is promising but I can already see the signs that are similar with Pogba on the car. Basically expecting too much from a kid who is very inconsistent still. Man Utd need ready made players, specially in midfield.
We need someone who is physically mature, Camavinga is a baby and would be a long term project.
One of the few grounded posts in this thread. I'm not saying be negative but people are already in full muppet mode and half of us have never ever seen him play. I think I'll reserve my judgement if and when he comes. After all what could go wrong when he's already being compared to a Pogba, Matuidi, Kante hybrid? We just will never learn.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If we have looked more ambitious in the past years, winning a couple of competitons I'd have us favourites to sign almost anybody. We genuinely have one of the best squads in europe to be able to attract the best players but we have nothing noteworthy to show these best players why they should choose us over the likes of Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.