Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

Zidane wants him at Madrid and he is not expensive for them like Pogba. So I guess he will choose them over all other teams
Rennnes are no mugs and will probably want 60m+ for him.

He does look class, every time I see him his touch, decision making and technical skills look a step above everyone elses.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I agree that that's the most likely destination. However, if we actually shift from being dysfunctional and recruit VDB, Upamecano and Sancho (I know, very hard to believe) then the team we'd be moulding would be the most exciting group of young players in Europe. Slotting into that team alongside Pogba would probably be a quite tasty prospect.
I really hope we are going to throw our hat in. There's no nicer looking shirt than a Bayern shirt:D

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think Soumare is a good alternative for him and we should look into him next summer.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I really hope we are going to throw our hat in. There's no nicer looking shirt than a Bayern shirt:D
I'm sure you will - he'd definitely shatter your record outlay (Hernandez right?) by tens of millions. I could see him go for +100m.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I'm sure you will - he'd definitely shatter your record outlay (Hernandez right?) by tens of millions. I could see him go for +100m.
I think he'll be on the last year of his contract next summer. He probably won't cost more than maybe 60m, regardless where he ends up.

SATA

He’s the Mason Greenwood of midfielders. Supreme talent, left footed and same age as well. Let’s hope we can get him when he moves

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Rennes sold Ousmane Dembele to Dortmund for 15m euros after his breakthrough season. I remember reading that there was some shaddy stuff to the transfer but still thats a very low fee.

If he played for Lille or Monaco then speaking of 100m+ wouldnt be too crazy although him only having 2 more years of contract is a problem

But Rennes? I don't expect them to get a crazy fee for Camavinga.

With 1 year of contract left next year I'd say 50 to 60m would be a realistic fee.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he'll be on the last year of his contract next summer. He probably won't cost more than maybe 60m, regardless where he ends up.
When every top club in Europe wants him, Rennes will have themselves a bidding war. Wouldn't surprise me if they manage to extend his contract too to preserve value whilst promising him he can leave when he feels ready.

marktan

Yes and for the record his play style really screams "exciting", everything he does is flashy or fancy, he's got that showman playstyle that Brazilians tend to have
I've seen bits of him and he has skill but it's more 'flashy' a bit like someone like Taraabt, whereas all-round technically I think Camavinga can already play in a lot of top midfields and not look out of place.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I've seen bits of him and he has skill but it's more 'flashy' a bit like someone like Taraabt, whereas all-round technically I think Camavinga can already play in a lot of top midfields and not look out of place.
Hmm personally I think Cherki is above Camavinga as an overall talent, It's not just "flashy" bits, his technical level paired with his ambidextry and dribbling is very very scary, on top of that his set piece ability is probably already better than anyone at Lyon already.
Camavinga has had more playtime due to being one year older and fitting in nicely in a weaker side but Cherki on his second start ever dropped 2 goals 2 assists and proceeded to win a penalty (that he didn't take) against a Ligue 1 team, that's just nuts.

Now of course we'll be able to see more of both of them in Ligue 1 this year and in the CL as far as Camavinga is concerned (and perhaps Nations League this week if Deschamps is bold enough)

Alemar

Zidane wants him at Madrid and he is not expensive for them like Pogba. So I guess he will choose them over all other teams
“Zidane wants him” = “We have no chance to sign him”? Van de Beek says hello :)

stu_1992

Rennes sold Ousmane Dembele to Dortmund for 15m euros after his breakthrough season. I remember reading that there was some shaddy stuff to the transfer but still thats a very low fee.

If he played for Lille or Monaco then speaking of 100m+ wouldnt be too crazy although him only having 2 more years of contract is a problem

But Rennes? I don't expect them to get a crazy fee for Camavinga.

With 1 year of contract left next year I'd say 50 to 60m would be a realistic fee.
Agreed I don't see him going for more than that. However the one thing I'd say is that Rennes are in the Champions League now so that obviously moves them up a level in terms of how they can operate financially. So that could be a factor, and the super rich owner of course. But again I think they won't go crazy in their demands unless they can create a bidding war.

As for him versus Cherki. I think Camavinga is the safer bet right now. Cherki may be more naturally talented and flashier overall, but I just think Camavinga has that maturity to his game beyond his years that will serve him well. Not to say Cherki won't develop that, and if he does its a very dangerous prospect.

sp_107

:) Is he like Kante or Pogba?

I heard he is the best talent, We need someone to play in Matic position not another player in Pogba/VDB/Fred position.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why? Please elaborate
This is Redcafe. On here, people can never see any reason why anplayer would want to come here if their alternative is anything better than Burnley.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed I don't see him going for more than that. However the one thing I'd say is that Rennes are in the Champions League now so that obviously moves them up a level in terms of how they can operate financially. So that could be a factor, and the super rich owner of course. But again I think they won't go crazy in their demands unless they can create a bidding war.

As for him versus Cherki. I think Camavinga is the safer bet right now. Cherki may be more naturally talented and flashier overall, but I just think Camavinga has that maturity to his game beyond his years that will serve him well. Not to say Cherki won't develop that, and if he does its a very dangerous prospect.
Think they're both absolutely guaranteed to be stars of football for the next generation.

Cherki is insanely good, strutting around the pitch like he's Zidane at 17 years old. Camavinga already bossing midfielders like a young Vieira, it's astonishing really.

-Supreme-

He's a fan of Pogba, so you never know :drool:

"I'm inspired by Paul Pogba," Camavinga said. "He's a very good player with great qualities. He proved it in the French team, just look what he did: world champion. But I don't really like comparisons."

Alemar

Cherki is insanely good, strutting around the pitch like he's Zidane at 17 years old. Camavinga already bossing midfielders like a young Vieira, it's astonishing really.
We need to get one of those

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The hype is getting beyond reasonable now with him. I think he's a great young player but let's see how he manages the opposition focusing on him a bit more. He's learning a lot at such a young age, and the fact that Rennes is getting into the Champion's League this season is going to be huge for him to see how he shapes up against a higher level (maybe, depending on who they land on in the group stage).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His thread is just about Camavinga the football and has nothing to do with his transfer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We need to get one of those
I may be biased and this guy is a tier below those two, but Adil Aouchiche looks very exciting for saint-etienne this season. Been a while since ive seen someone that creative there, usually they're a pretty dour watch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I may be biased and this guy is a tier below those two, but Adil Aouchiche looks very exciting for saint-etienne this season. Been a while since ive seen someone that creative there, usually they're a pretty dour watch.
Another huge talent, think he will have a great future. As you say St Etienne was a bit of a strange choice as they aren't known for their attacking play, but it'll be a good place for him to learn.

Bojan Djordjic

I feel like Camavinga is the closest thing I've seen to a sure thing in a long long time in terms of we'll be talking about him as one of the best players in the world in four or five years. Cherki, also a fantastic prospect, looks amazing but can't help but feel like Camavinga will have the better career. All caveats regarding injury etc permitting.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Another huge talent, think he will have a great future. As you say St Etienne was a bit of a strange choice as they aren't known for their attacking play, but it'll be a good place for him to learn.
Basically guarenteed to start week in, week out. Will be a good place to prove yourself!

Bojan Djordjic

Not sure if he is. Aouchiche was the star of the same French underage team that Camavinga was part of. Not sure if his progress has slowed down but it would obviously be much harder for a 16/17 year old to break through at PSG in the manner Camavinga did at Rennes.

https://theathletic.com/1381433/201...n-just-goals-and-assists-hes-zidanesque-cool/

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Not sure if he is. Aouchiche was the star of the same French underage team that Camavinga was part of. Not sure if his progress has slowed down but it would obviously be much harder for a 16/17 year old to break through at PSG in the manner Camavinga did at Rennes.

https://theathletic.com/1381433/201...n-just-goals-and-assists-hes-zidanesque-cool/
Camavinga has never played in the same team as Aouchiche actually.
He was naturalized French in November 2019 and was then called up to the Espoirs team (u23)

Bojan Djordjic

Camavinga has never played in the same team as Aouchiche actually.
He was naturalized French in November 2019 and was then called up to the Espoirs team (u23)
Oh...I was nearly certain I read both their names in a match report a couple of years ago in one of the underage tournaments France won.

AsonUnique

The hype is getting beyond reasonable now with him. I think he's a great young player but let's see how he manages the opposition focusing on him a bit more. He's learning a lot at such a young age, and the fact that Rennes is getting into the Champion's League this season is going to be huge for him to see how he shapes up against a higher level (maybe, depending on who they land on in the group stage).
I would usually agree but in their couple games so far this season he has taken a big step up. Based on last year I would say great prospect, granted it's only a couple games this season he looks a class above everyone else at 17 and he seems quicker and stronger. Excited to see if he can keep it up in the Champions League.

Maureen-yo

PSG are all over him now apparently. Supreme talent, one of those players that although he does everything brilliantly at speed, he never really looks like he’s broken a sweat or been hurried. World class potential.

jesperjaap

Hmm personally I think Cherki is above Camavinga as an overall talent, It's not just "flashy" bits, his technical level paired with his ambidextry and dribbling is very very scary, on top of that his set piece ability is probably already better than anyone at Lyon already.
Camavinga has had more playtime due to being one year older and fitting in nicely in a weaker side but Cherki on his second start ever dropped 2 goals 2 assists and proceeded to win a penalty (that he didn't take) against a Ligue 1 team, that's just nuts.

Now of course we'll be able to see more of both of them in Ligue 1 this year and in the CL as far as Camavinga is concerned (and perhaps Nations League this week if Deschamps is bold enough)
Bit unfair to compare them being different positions, they both look insanely talented for 17years old though. From what I have seen, apart from the obvious talent Camavinga possesses, one thing really impresses me is just how mature and aware he seems on the pitch, looks far more experienced than his age on top of the obvious talent.

Andersons Dietician

How much and likely hood? Watching him now for France and I’m sold. Sign him up Ed. Start now might get him in on time for the 21/22 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.