Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcking

Here we go then @Walters_19_MuFc @Dante

Camavinga, Fred and Mctominay's passing stats per 90

Camavinga

Fred

McTominay

As I said before, interesting that statistics is being used to show how good Camavinga is on a forum that doesn't rate Fred Rodrigues. So Dante would be nice to hear why you thought Fred couldn't play those long passes now you've seen his stats? 97 percentile vs 94 percentile.

One day, Fred will be accepted for the very good midfielder he is, just as Luke Shaw has been accepted.

Strats

Don't worry guys. It's still very early in the window. This will probably drag on for a while but he'll end up with us. I've no doubt about that.

My only worry is recently we've been haggling quite a bit over the fee of our transfers. Of course it's a good thing but I absolutely do not want to lose this lad just because we don't want to pay £5m more.
Thought it was worth taking our time with negotiating a good price for Sancho, but i guess were able to do that since it seemed like he wanted/agreed to join United.

In this case i'd just pay the fecking price before any other team takes him.

Strelok

Thought it was worth taking our time with negotiating a good price for Sancho, but i guess were able to do that since it seemed like he wanted/agreed to join United.

In this case i'd just pay the fecking price before any other team takes him.
Yeah but I have to clarify a bit (before someone jump in and shit on me).

Of course we should not overpay or pay whatever Rennes asking. Imo 40m is reasonable. According to reports we'll send them a bid of 30m and I don't want us to stop at like 35m then losing him because someone else jump in and pay 40m.

Strats

Yeah but I have to clarify a bit (before someone jump in and shit on me).

Of course we should not overpay or pay whatever Rennes asking. Imo 40m is reasonable. According to reports we'll send them a bid of 30m and I don't want us to stop at like 35m then losing him because someone else jump in and pay 40m.
Completely agree with you

krentz

Camavinga

Fred

McTominay

As I said before, interesting that statistics is being used to show how good Camavinga is on a forum that doesn't rate Fred Rodrigues. So Dante would be nice to hear why you thought Fred couldn't play those long passes now you've seen his stats? 97 percentile vs 94 percentile.

One day, Fred will be accepted for the very good midfielder he is, just as Luke Shaw has been accepted.
Always knew McT is a kinda meh. Playing him alongside Pogba in that final was a disaster class from Ole.

krentz

Who else should have played there?
Fred and McT as double pivot with Pogba on LM and Rashford on the bench. Lashing Pogba full potential on locking oppo's defense while still had an ace to play if the original plan failed. Basically not playing all your cards together at once. We got stucked by Villareall's low block system and we had no other player to break it down because Ole had played all his best players from the start.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Guys this is a muppet thread. Take discussions about statistics elsewhere. Muppet talk only!

theklr

Fred and McT as double pivot with Pogba on LM and Rashford on the bench. Lashing Pogba full potential on locking oppo's defense while still had an ace to play if the original plan failed. Basically not playing all your cards together at once. We got stucked by Villareall's low block system and we had no other player to break it down because Ole had played all his best players from the start.
Fred was injured

laughtersassassin

Camavinga

Fred

McTominay

All you need to do is watch the game to see that Fred and McTominay are very underwhelming at long passing. They practically never attempt switch the play it play a long through ball because of that limited passing range.

Fred's is betters than McTs but nowhere near good enough.

Compare Pogbas long passing to Fred's for instance. Pogba can switch the play with either foot consistently. It is a big miss in games when we pair McTominay and Fred together.

laughtersassassin

I see a lot of people have him in our starting 11 if Pogba leaves/is sold.
Is this guy really ready to hit the ground running in the first 11?
He is only 18.
If Pogba goes we need a top class replacement right now! Camavinga should be an additional signing to hopefully replace it compete with Fred or McT in a few years.

None of our Midfield options have any long passing ability. None of them can switch the play from deep. If Pogba goes we will need someone who can do this

Mcking

All you need to do is watch the game to see that Fred and McTominay are very underwhelming at long passing. They practically never attempt switch the play it play a long through ball because of that limited passing range.

Fred's is betters than McTs but nowhere near good enough.

Compare Pogbas long passing to Fred's for instance. Pogba can switch the play with either foot consistently. It is a big miss in games when we pair McTominay and Fred together.
I do watch the game though, and Fred can switch play consistently. Pogba is better and tends to attempt more hollywood passes, but that doesn't mean Fred is not good.

I could pull up statistics that compares Fred in that category to other midfielders around the world, but then statistics do not matter when it comes to Fred.

Mctominay is a problem, Fred is not. It is just the tendency to associate what McTominay does or does not do with Fred due to how much they play together, and that is what hurts Fred's reputation.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I do watch the game though, and Fred can switch play consistently. Pogba is better and tends to attempt more hollywood passes, but that doesn't mean Fred is not good.

I could pull up statistics that compares Fred in that category to other midfielders around the world, but then statistics do not matter when it comes to Fred.

Mctominay is a problem, Fred is not. It is just the tendency to associate what McTominay does or does not do with Fred due to how much they play together, and that is what hurts Fred's reputation.
That is one thing which bugs me a lot. People talk about those two like McFred is one player. And it is unfair towards Fred. He is not top class but he is few levels above McT. In nearly everything

laughtersassassin

They're not Hollowood passes. Theyre needed.

Fred does need to develop his passing further. It's not good enough to be our main distributor so to speak

He is by no means good enough yet to be a guaranteed starter at a top team. Still has a couple too many flaws but he is improving.

Our problems is we have a load of number 8s and no one to play number 6.

None of which compliment eachother.

Fred would look better next to a no 6

Pogba would look better next to a no 6

McT would look better next to a no 6.

A Midfield of Pogba Fred is good enough passing wise because Pogba is so so good and Fred is good enough if his partner is better.

A Midfield of McTominay and Fred isn't good enough because McTominays is poor and Fred doesn't have good enough passing to be the best out of the two.

It's not a slight on Fred really. It's a slight on the fact we don't have a good partner for any if them!

DSG

Im arguing against Pogba in any 2 and saying he doesn’t really fit with Bruno in a 3. Wrong thread though :)
Agree on both points.
I thought that American Indian was the preferred nomenclature now?
Depends on the person, there are those that prefer Native American, and those that prefer American Indian. More referring to the “red”, not the “Indian” part of the name.

Mcking

They're not Hollowood passes. Theyre needed.

Fred does need to develop his passing further. It's not good enough to be our main distributor so to speak

He is by no means good enough yet to be a guaranteed starter at a top team. Still has a couple too many flaws but he is improving.

Our problems is we have a load of number 8s and no one to play number 6.

None of which compliment eachother.

Fred would look better next to a no 6

Pogba would look better next to a no 6

McT would look better next to a no 6.

A Midfield of Pogba Fred is good enough passing wise because Pogba is so so good and Fred is good enough if his partner is better.

A Midfield of McTominay and Fred isn't good enough because McTominays is poor and Fred doesn't have good enough passing to be the best out of the two.

It's not a slight on Fred really. It's a slight on the fact we don't have a good partner for any if them!
Fred's passing is fine. He needs to handle the ball better at times, but for a midfielder who can hold his own defensively, his range of passing is fine. A McTominay-Fred pivot probably isn't good enough, but that is because McTominay is mediocre. Fred just needs a partner who can take care of himself with the ball.

You are giving far too much credit to Pogba as well. He excels in long passing - which Fred also excels in even though he is more subdued, and creative passing which includes through-balls and passes around the box. For short, progressive passing and recycling of possession as you would primarily expect from a centre midfielder, I'd have Fred over Pogba any day of the week. Games tend to pass by Pogba in the middle, and he can't manage games from midfield like Fred could.

It is the Camavinga thread, so I will stop here, but I'm willing to take this conversation to another thread.

scottw

Supports
ManUtd and AtlantaUtd
Hahaha, I was about to reply the same.

Always amazes me how negative people are of United...their own club!
I agree 100%, so much hate on our own players. I get upset watching games, but I never talk so poorly as I see some people talk. I think this kid would be a great addition. Just like back in Fergie's day, we had solid players that could play multiple positions. Ole, love him or hate him, he is trying his best to get in good players for backup for the starters. Look what happened to Shaw when we signed a good player last summer, it elevated his play to one of the best in the world in his position. Have to support our players and coach, b/c it could be a lot worse if JM was still in charge!!

Valencia Shin Crosses

I see a lot of people have him in our starting 11 if Pogba leaves/is sold.
Is this guy really ready to hit the ground running in the first 11?
He is only 18.
He would be an improvement on McT in that case already plus has top tier potential, so yes.

People seem to think like we have some stacked midfield when in reality we have a bunch of mismatching options behind two real talents that don’t totally work together already.

red thru&thru

I agree 100%, so much hate on our own players. I get upset watching games, but I never talk so poorly as I see some people talk. I think this kid would be a great addition. Just like back in Fergie's day, we had solid players that could play multiple positions. Ole, love him or hate him, he is trying his best to get in good players for backup for the starters. Look what happened to Shaw when we signed a good player last summer, it elevated his play to one of the best in the world in his position. Have to support our players and coach, b/c it could be a lot worse if JM was still in charge!!
Agree with everything. I do often what some feel it means and how to support your club?!

Anyhow, Camavinga is a top talent, the the type of talent Manchester United making into a global superstar.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Always knew McT is a kinda meh. Playing him alongside Pogba in that final was a disaster class from Ole.
Widely accepted that Mctomminay was the best Utd player on the night though.....he was everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.