Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hester_manc

I hope, this transfer will happen. Camavinga (I keep thinking Baba Vanga for some reason) is going to be huge.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Widely accepted that Mctomminay was the best Utd player on the night though.....he was everywhere.
I thought It was probably his best ever game for us. He had a 67% pass accuracy on the night which on the other hand is also a major issue. It’s a weird one. He doesn’t consistently excel at any of the standard midfield duties apart from driving forward and Villarreal backed off and gave him half the pitch to run into. He was probably our best player in a few games last season and then totally invisible in a few too many other games? He could still improve a lot but for such a big strong lad you would assume he’d be a great defender/tackler but he’s not. Passing also clearly needs work.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I thought It was probably his best ever game for us. He had a 67% pass accuracy on the night which on the other hand is also a major issue. It’s a weird one. He doesn’t consistently excel at any of the standard midfield duties apart from driving forward and Villarreal backed off and gave him half the pitch to run into. He was probably our best player in a few games last season and then totally invisible in a few too many other games? He could still improve a lot but for such a big strong lad you would assume he’d be a great defender/tackler but he’s not. Passing also clearly needs work.
Mctomminay is a decent box to box player. He scored 8 goals for us last season which is really good given he plays like a DM most games. That's more goals than Pogba has scored in his last two seasons combined btw.

Definitely a player we need to keep in our squad.

Dobba

I know absolutely nothing about him, but if he's our guy the price doesn't seem excessive for someone you could potentially get 15 years out of.

Are we being mentioned by Rennes just to get PSG to cough up?

Ali Dia

Mctomminay is a decent box to box player. He scored 8 goals for us last season which is really good given he plays like a DM most games. That's more goals than Pogba has scored in his last two seasons combined btw.

Definitely a player we need to keep in our squad.
is it really? That’s mental! Let’s hope he doesn’t team up with Mino for his next deal so!

roseguy64

There's a lot of good with Scott. He just doesn't put it together consistently to be able to be a starter for us. The work rate is always present with him but he needs to do more with either his tackling or his passing each game to be a constant which he hasn't managed.

Jam

Really hoping this one comes off; bags of potential in this lad.

blackhawk747

Supports
Carrick FC
I like him but I dont expect him to be Pogba replacement directly. Sancho will replace Pogba's creativity and Camavinga will replace Pogba's presence in the middle park area (probably an upgrade regarding the defensive and positional discipline)

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
@Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber Isn’t 5 years enough data to know that Pogba doesn’t fit here and never will?
How many excuses will you continue to make for Pogba?
You are free to believe whatever you want about Pogba. We will stick to the truth instead.

@Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber
By the way your user name is a bit racist, maybe you should change it? Not calling you racist, just saying the name might offend Native Americans…
its never been up to me. I do not have any power to change a user name

Last edited:

Mark Pawelek

@Sultan @JPRouve @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber @Ali Dia

Stirring the pot and doing a bit of trolling….

Isn’t 5 years enough data to know that Pogba doesn’t fit here and never will? How many excuses will you continue to make for Pogba? He is, surely, a world class TALENT, but for some reason, has never become the world class PLAYER we want him to be. Maybe it’s just us, maybe it’s that he’s in England, not in France or Italy. Maybe he doesn’t fancy the away fixtures in driving rain at Stoke or Everton or Sheffield. All I know is that he doesn’t work here. If you have to build a team of world class players around him for him to reach his full potential, then what’s the point. The true greats, it doesn’t matter who’s around them, they perform, game after game, no matter what. Messi, Pirlo, Modric, Totti, Kante, etc… They elevate the play of those around them.

I respect the fact that you are going to die on the Island of Pogba. Really, I do. It’s admirable, and he has periods of play that are stunning. But I think, on balance, that we’ve seen plenty of Paul Pogba, and in some sense, he’s held the club hostage with his antics, both on and off the field. I really credit Ole for managing that massive ego and really playing him when he can have a positive contribution, playing him in positions where he can succeed. But we all know that winning the league requires a consistency level that Pogba hasn’t shown since his Juventus days.

By the way @Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber your user name is a bit racist, maybe you should change it? Not calling you racist, just saying the name might offend Native Americans…
DSG​
Location A Whale’s Vagina​

Isn't @DSG'a location a bit speciesist?
Joking aside: those of us who claim the moral high ground by calling out others, need to go the extra mile themselves to make sure they're morally squeaky clean!

TMS

I’m desperate for us to seal this transfer, I’d much rather this one than Varane if we could only make one. In my eyes this is a perfect signing at a position we have little depth for one of the top young talents in the world.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Very impatient with this transfer, this one should be relatively easy. Would be a fantastic signing.

Jacob

I guess the reason this is being dragged out is the player himself weighing is options. Us negiotiating a low fee considering his contractual circumstances is also very likely.

Bondi77

So what defines us as being the front runners???
I bet we have not made a bid yet and I would be surprised if we have even made contact.
The next headline will be “Manchester City join the race for Camavinga”
What a load of old shite!

bosskeano

The longer the camavinga and varane deals are drawn out there less likely it seems we will get the player and have to move to option B if there bloody is one.

With all the rumors surrounding PSG's interest this summer in signing Pogba, makes you wonder if that is part of the reason for the delay in movement for Camavinga.

bosskeano

PSG want Pogba.....sell him for 60m

this guy would make for an ideal replacement for Pogba. You could buy Sabitzer and Camavinga for almost the money you'd get for Pogba.

Infestissumam

Sabitzer is not nearly good enough for us, jeezus. Not even Dortmund fans want him.

I've seen a ton of him playing for Salzburg, Leipzig and the Austrian NT. Nice player, but that's about it.

bosskeano

Sabitzer is not nearly good enough for us, jeezus. Not even Dortmund fans want him.

I've seen a ton of him playing for Salzburg, Leipzig and the Austrian NT. Nice player, but that's about it.
The flashy players have been shit for us over years. We need guys who just want to play football and have the ability to do so. Sabitzer is a quality CM that is good on the ball, disciplined and would fit into our system.

Dortmund fans may not want him as they don't really need him with having Bellingham, Witsel and Delayne.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Fabrizio Romano: "Eduardo Camavinga, on the other hand, is Manchester United's priority for midfield. The negotiation is ready to start with Rennes. Camavinga's contract expires in June 2022 and he has no intention of renewing the agreement. That's why Manchester United want to try to take advantage of it and put on the table its offer for the midfielder".

"Camavinga is waiting. Even Paris Saint-Germain have been following him for months and are in the race to sign the talented Frenchman. Manchester United, however, are progressing with their plans for a talent considered the perfect purchase for the short and long term".

"Camavinga is appreciated by everyone at the club and could be an ideal deal for the rebuilding that Manchester United are preparing. It will be important to understand Rennes' request. The rumors around the club speak of 30/35 million euros as a possible amount United will have to offer".

Ali Dia

The flashy players have been shit for us over years. We need guys who just want to play football and have the ability to do so. Sabitzer is a quality CM that is good on the ball, disciplined and would fit into our system.

Dortmund fans may not want him as they don't really need him with having Bellingham, Witsel and Delayne.
I agree. Think he’s the kind of player that would look very good in our system. Sabitzer Camavinga is an upgrade

luke511

I agree with you. I've watched a lot of RB Leipzig over the last 2 seasons and he's not at the required level for a team wanting to win the PL, no chance.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Sabitzer would at best be depth for Bruno as an attacking midfielder. He's less of a controlling midfielder than Fred is. He doesn't play deep at all. If we're getting rid of VdB and Pogba and get Camavinga and Sabitzer that's fine, but Sabitzer would for sure just be depth for Bruno.

MiceOnMeth

theres no better feeling that signing a wonderkid is there? feck i hope this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.