Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is the Anderson I thought we were getting. Video from 2007 when we signed him. Revel in all its old school low resolution glory.

That's about as hard to watch as those UFO sightings by the US navy.

Abraxas

It seems really weird to me that we are targeting an 18 year old for this position when it is clear as day we require an impact with some immediacy. That is a big ask of him no matter what the scouting reports say. A whole season of PL football for an 18 year old central midfielder sounds scarcely realistic.

It is either a case of they reckon this guy is already good enough to be the man within our midfield, or they think it's a situation of us simply having to buy him because of his contract situation and talent, before somebody else does.

None of this means it isn't a good transfer, I'm just genuinely curious as to how they see it.

It seems really weird to me that we are targeting an 18 year old for this position when it is clear as day we require an impact with some immediacy. That is a big ask of him no matter what the scouting reports say. A whole season of PL football for an 18 year old central midfielder sounds scarcely realistic.

It is either a case of they reckon this guy is already good enough to be the man within our midfield, or they think it's a situation of us simply having to buy him because of his contract situation and talent, before somebody else does.

None of this means it isn't a good transfer, I'm just genuinely curious as to how they see it.
I think we are looking at this as an opportunity to take advantage of his contract situation.

Abraxas

I think we are looking at this as an opportunity to take advantage of his contract situation.
With an immediate impact expected? Of course they don't have to be mutually exclusive, it could be mainly exploiting that situation and gaining a top talent for fair money but also a good amount of game time expected.

I just would have thought at the start of the summer we would have imagined a slightly different profile of signing if we were going to make one signing in this area. But then again, Ole might be far more comfortable with our options than many fans are.

roseguy64

I doubt we expect him to be a starter right away but hope he becomes one very soon after acclimatising soon with the help of Pogba, Martial and Varane.

With an immediate impact expected? Of course they don't have to be mutually exclusive, it could be mainly exploiting that situation and gaining a top talent for fair money but also a good amount of game time expected.

I just would have thought at the start of the summer we would have imagined a slightly different profile of signing if we were going to make one signing in this area. But then again, Ole might be far more comfortable with our options than many fans are.
i wouldn’t have any immediate expectations.

Like most people, I’ve seen highlights of him, that’s it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Definitely gotta sign that guy you hadn’t heard of more than once before last month who is being solely evaluated based on his Euro performance.

Locatelli is far from a bad player, but he’s not leaving Italy. Period. On top of that, basing your opinion on a player based on international performances is a disaster class
Before the Euros he was statistically amongst the most complete midfielders in the top leagues. He took that form into the Euros but hes been out of the team since. He sounds like a good fit for us. Good tackler, mobile and a great passer.

sp_107

I doubt we expect him to be a starter right away but hope he becomes one very soon after acclimatising soon with the help of Pogba, Martial and Varane.
Heard we are getting Marcelo Brojovic from Milan to cover few years

sp_107

The only one I see attainable from that list is Saul. Grealish and Rice would cost obscene amounts of money (100mill is what their respective clubs want :houllier:) which not even a Pogba transfer would be able to offset, and I'm almost certain Goretzka is using us to secure a bumper deal at Bayern.
Saul and Carmavinga in same window is not that bad even it is to replace inconsistent Pogba. I will take it .

Womp

idiot

I do think we will look into some options if Pogba leaves. If he stays, we have Bruno, Pogba, Mctom, Fred, Camavinga VDB and Matic for a midfield two/three. That's not even considering the outskirts like Mata and Andreas and the young players that may need a game or two like maybe Hannibal and Garner if they stay.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Confirmation he actually said it. Poor Robbie he was hoping for Arsenal news.

Its funny how AFTV has become Arsenal's outsourced public relations agency. They get linked to more players than any club on planet Earth and beyond. Here, Robbie conveniently lumps the Arsenal name into the pot of United, PSG when they aren't in the same universe.

Ali Dia

Its funny how AFTV has become Arsenal's outsourced public relations agency. They get linked to more players than any club on planet Earth and beyond. Here, Robbie conveniently lumps the Arsenal name into the pot of United, PSG when they aren't in the same universe.
Romano was like eh no not Arsenal, United though? that’s probably going to happen!

Come on Camavinga. Don’t let us muppets down

macheda14

My one big gripe with him is just how one footed he is. Watch his highlights and he barely uses his right. For a midfielder that seems crazy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair, it’s a new one called Don Robbie channel not AFTV.

Ali Dia

My one big gripe with him is just how one footed he is. Watch his highlights and he barely uses his right. For a midfielder that seems crazy.
Hes the player Ando was meant to be. The only thing was ando was an attacker that we moved back. Camavinga might be a defender that we encourage to go box to box more often. We definitely have previous with this. I think Camavinga and Donny/Fred/McT is a pretty decent pivot to be honest. I think he’s strong enough and has a good enough touch to be kind of one footed.

macheda14

Hes the player Ando was meant to be. The only thing was ando was an attacker that we moved back. Camavinga might be a defender that we encourage to go box to box more often. We definitely have previous with this. I think Camavinga and Donny/Fred/McT is a pretty decent pivot to be honest. I think he’s strong enough and has a good enough touch to be kind of one footed.
Not even kind of, I just watched a ten minute highlight video and he maybe used his right foot twice out of real necessity.

Blood Mage

Matic is also very one footed and was still a great midfielder at his peak regardless.

Tallis

One thing to note is that he is not an average 18 year old. He already has two full seasons of senior football, has played for his NT and is built like a 25 year old.!

Blood Mage

If we sign Camavinga then he'll be the first wonderkid we've snapped up since Martial, and before Martial it was pre-Juventus Pogba. We really should be signing more of them.

Mozox

Honestly I'd give some credit to James Garner this year. Sink or swim, but I see him deep-lying as Carrick used to play.

prateik

This is the Anderson I thought we were getting. Video from 2007 when we signed him. Revel in all its old school low resolution glory.

I remember seeing this video of him the day we signed him.. 31st May.. both Nani and Anderson.. those were the days..

Number32

Of course we were getting this Anderson for 2 years at least. Fat Anderson was a disaster, but a fully fit Anderson was more consistent and impactful than Pogba.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Purely going off stats he passes with his left foot 92% of the time. Doesn't sound great, but McTominay is 93% right, Pogba 88% right, Matic 86% left. Fred's the outlier with only 72% left, but Camavinga isn't that much worse than the others (and better than Scott). Of course stats don't tell whether he's actually capable of playing good passes with his weak foot (like Pogba and to a lesser extent Fred) or only uses it for very basic passes (like Scott and Matic).

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He literally doesn't say nor imply that United will make an official bid in the coming days. Let's see though.
He said we were serious and having multiple discussion. Usually that leads to official bids but i can understand why he cant say we will make official bid as no journalist will have access to that information.

Ali Dia

Purely going off stats he passes with his left foot 92% of the time. Doesn't sound great, but McTominay is 93% right, Pogba 88% right, Matic 86% left. Fred's the outlier with only 72% left, but Camavinga isn't that much worse than the others (and better than Scott). Of course stats don't tell whether he's actually capable of playing good passes with his weak foot (like Pogba and to a lesser extent Fred) or only uses it for very basic passes (like Scott and Matic).
Im fairly sure I saw a lad one day attempting to lay into fred and he started off by saying he’s painfully one footed :houllier:

Mcking

Im fairly sure I saw a lad one day attempting to lay into fred and he started off by saying he’s painfully one footed :houllier:
There are a lot of misconceptions about Fred, and we all knew McTominay was one-footed anyway. Those percentages makes me even more worried about signing Camavinga now. It is definitely going to end with McTominay being a very important member of the team one way or the other, because we'd have no one else good enough and comfortable on that side of midfield.

TMS

Definately... I would guess at available options:

- Grealish
- Goretzka
- Saul Niguez
- Rice
Jeez that’s a wide range of playing styles to replace a single player. Not sure I’d want Rice as well as Camavinga, should be one or the other. The main benefit of either is an upgrade on McFred whilst providing the potential to go single pivot at times.

As for the others I’d take Grealish but he’d cost too much, I don’t think we’d be able to tempt Goretzka away this summer, and I’d rather give Donny a proper chance than splurge £40m on Saul.

I think the ideal scenario is Pogba resigns or Barcelona realise they have to sell someone teams actually want and we can convince De Jong or Pedri to come to us, but that’s far too fanciful to actually happen. Think more likely it’d be no one or a Daniel James level signing to add depth.

Reactions: Penna

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He said we were serious and having multiple discussion. Usually that leads to official bids but i can understand why he cant say we will make official bid as no journalist will have access to that information.
Well, maybe but he didnt say it so don't know why he was cited/pharaphrased like he did.

OmarUnited4ever

You wanna pass up on one of the brightest young talents in world football at a great price? Fair fecks to you but I know I'd love us to sign him.
18yrs, with 2 seasons of high level football in a top league in Europe, very talented, and on his final year contract, as you said, would love to sign him, if he performs and nails a starting spot, good for us and him, if he needs time, it's okay, he's under 20 so got time on his side to develop more.

Lentwood

Im fairly sure I saw a lad one day attempting to lay into fred and he started off by saying he’s painfully one footed
Fred is very one-footed. There's a big difference between rolling a 5 yard pass with your "wrong" foot and actually being able to do something of note with it! I bet of those 28% of passes Fred makes with his right foot the average distance is about 5m

To be fair though, most footballers are very one-footed and it's something that has always baffled me. Surely its a massive weapon to be able to use both and should be coached into every single player from a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.