Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
According to the Health secretary we held informal talks, early talks and initial talks.

That’s a lot of talks

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Hi, I'm coming to talk about Camavinga even though I can see that you already know a lot.
His first season was monstrous, a lot of qualities, excellent in pressing, in recovery, he played in No. 6, as a defensive midfielder. Already at this position his percussion qualities were visible which makes it a very complete midfielder. His passes are actually not his strong point, not a weak point either, just nothing out of the ordinary. In terms of attitude, he is a fighter (still running just as much in the 90th minute), very serene and mature, who never lets go. Appreciated by everyone at the club, professional and motivated to become a great player. He has his head on his shoulders and has to accept 1 or 2 passages on the bench. He experienced a personal tragedy at a very young age, the family house burned down completely, which is why he is a mature young man.
His second season had started well. Subsequently his change of agent and his selections for the national team hurt him. Everything is going very fast for him, too fast. He was injured and took almost 1 month to come back. In addition, his position has also evolved, he played in 8 last year and sometimes seemed less comfortable with his back to the game, less effective defensively and a little more timid. His association with Nzonzi was not working.
His season remains good but he still dropped a level. I think that he would need a little time to adapt and a coach who asks him to play on his qualities: pressing, recovery, percussion ball to the feet. In my opinion for 40m € it is yours, we are in a bad position to negotiate. In conclusion, yes he is indeed a prodigy, what he showed with us is really amazing regardless of his age, he has incredible physical abilities, in the duel he resists players much stronger than him, he is very lively. and enduring. Technically flawless on ball controls, able to dribble. He needs to improve on his passes, make good openings like Pogba and score more goals.
Here I hope to have informed you a little more but do not forget that I am a Rennes supporter so I lack a little objectivity. And sorry for my terrible English
That's the best post I've read here today. Very insighful.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've been a football fan for over 20 years and I am still confused about what the big appeal is about Real Madrid.

It's easy to say when you don't have the option anyway, but I could only see myself playing in the PL.

Anyway, if Cama wants to go there then fine. But I don't think many players enjoy playing at Madrid more than Man Utd
Nah I’d want to play in Spain if it couldn’t be United. Better weather, better lifestyle plus what is it, 14 champions league titles? High chance of success there.

Flytan

Nah I’d want to play in Spain if it couldn’t be United. Better weather, better lifestyle plus what is it, 14 champions league titles? High chance of success there.
Better lifestyle is completely subjective but yeah, probably a better lifestyle for most people.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Hi, I'm coming to talk about Camavinga even though I can see that you already know a lot.
His first season was monstrous, a lot of qualities, excellent in pressing, in recovery, he played in No. 6, as a defensive midfielder. Already at this position his percussion qualities were visible which makes it a very complete midfielder. His passes are actually not his strong point, not a weak point either, just nothing out of the ordinary. In terms of attitude, he is a fighter (still running just as much in the 90th minute), very serene and mature, who never lets go. Appreciated by everyone at the club, professional and motivated to become a great player. He has his head on his shoulders and has to accept 1 or 2 passages on the bench. He experienced a personal tragedy at a very young age, the family house burned down completely, which is why he is a mature young man.
His second season had started well. Subsequently his change of agent and his selections for the national team hurt him. Everything is going very fast for him, too fast. He was injured and took almost 1 month to come back. In addition, his position has also evolved, he played in 8 last year and sometimes seemed less comfortable with his back to the game, less effective defensively and a little more timid. His association with Nzonzi was not working.
His season remains good but he still dropped a level. I think that he would need a little time to adapt and a coach who asks him to play on his qualities: pressing, recovery, percussion ball to the feet. In my opinion for 40m € it is yours, we are in a bad position to negotiate. In conclusion, yes he is indeed a prodigy, what he showed with us is really amazing regardless of his age, he has incredible physical abilities, in the duel he resists players much stronger than him, he is very lively. and enduring. Technically flawless on ball controls, able to dribble. He needs to improve on his passes, make good openings like Pogba and score more goals.
Here I hope to have informed you a little more but do not forget that I am a Rennes supporter so I lack a little objectivity. And sorry for my terrible English
Thanks for the effort and all the info. One thing though, watching him play and looking at his qualities so far do you personally feel he will further develop as a number 8 or his playing style is more suited to be a defensive midfielder where he played in his 1st season?

And I'm a huge Cantona fan
You, sir, have an impeccable taste.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Get the feeling that playing in Spain would get you Ballon d'Or easier.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I've been a football fan for over 20 years and I am still confused about what the big appeal is about Real Madrid.

It's easy to say when you don't have the option anyway, but I could only see myself playing in the PL.

Anyway, if Cama wants to go there then fine. But I don't think many players enjoy playing at Madrid more than Man Utd
Err... Galaticos? 14 CL trophies? Nice weather? To follow footsteps of Ronaldo? Future Ballon D'ors?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Better lifestyle is completely subjective but yeah, probably a better lifestyle for most people.
It's subjective but as a wealthy athlete there is nothing you can do in other countries that you can't do in Spain, in particular Barcelona or Madrid.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"Percussion qualities", "regain your splendour" - I just love the imagery a non-native speaker is able to convey in his posts!

Rennais

Supports
rennes
@ Jim Beam :
I think he wishes to be a number 8 and he has the qualities to do it very well.
once thrown with the ball at the feet, it is very hard to stop, it is lively and runs quickly with the ball. He got a lot of fouls and cautions for the opponent which is always valuable

But if I were his coach I would put him number 6 because I have never seen such a young player occupy this position of high responsibility so well. He is excellent at defense, pressing and recovering the ball from the opponent's feet. He can still progress on his placement however

One last thing to remember to have an opinion on him. Last year our team was much less efficient than two years ago. More difficult for Cama to express himself, the expectations were out of proportion to him, and he was being watched. The departure of Raphinha and Edouard Mendy at the end of the transfer window were two hard knocks. He discovers his 1st Champions League and national selections. That's a lot for a 17 year old guy. I'm sure he will have digested it all and will confirm.
Thank you for your welcome, great forum, it made me want to watch Looking for Eric;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fortitude

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Thanks. As what I predicted based on stats why his performance dropped because in 19/20 he played as no 6 while in 20/21 he played as no 8.

And also good to hear the bold texts regarding his strength and weakness. The bold texts make him look like a perfect midfielder for Ole's criteria. An all rounder midfielder with amazing work rate and attitude as well as incredible physical abilities. After reading this, I am more convinced he will fit in to what Ole wants his midfielder to play.

He sounds like Edgar Davids. Flawless on ball controls, able to dribble, strong defensively, physical player, fighter attitude, and passing is not his strong point but not weak point either.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Don't listen to geebs, your English isn't perfect. It's very good but obviously not your first language which is noticeable in the style and some of the terminology. No need to apologize, it's more than good enough for the forums.

I'm particularly intrigued by the term "percussion qualities" which I assume means his ability to dictate the match tempo. If so, this is a very colourful and clever way to express it. Thanks for the information! We look forward to more insight from you.
Cheeky shite

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
@ Jim Beam :
once thrown with the ball at the feet, it is very hard to stop, it is lively and runs quickly with the ball. He got a lot of fouls and cautions for the opponent which is always valuable

But if I were his coach I would put him number 6 because I have never seen such a young player occupy this position of high responsibility so well. He is excellent at defense, pressing and recovering the ball from the opponent's feet. He can still progress on his placement however
Great, much appreciated!

Now am even more hyped.

Spoony

The People's President
Who else?
Nah. I wasn't the best footballer but my dream was to play for United. That said I can see the appeal of playing in Barca. Fantastic climate, great city etc. Perhaps Rome would be great as well or even Marseilles. That said money seems to be the main appeal.

bosskeano

@ Jim Beam :

United need a quality #8 that play box to box with the desire to do the defensive side of the work. It would be a comfortable role for him and gradually work him into the 6 role if that is deemed the position of strength for him in the future. The vital piece would be to get him into the squad and not have another quality young CM slip out of our sights when we have the chance to bring him in.

Spoony

The People's President
@ Jim Beam :

I just want a DM to pair with Pogba. Could he do that?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Edgar Davids regen!

I loved the bit about putting him back in defence when they were winning and attack when they were losing. An interesting approach to keep someone hungry and learning and for a player who was already obviously well ahead of his years. Very cool info. I’ll be gutted if he doesn’t come here!

JPRouve

Scout
Damn imagine still being in the head of random french people despite not being president anymore.
It would be worrying if I couldn't remember less than a year ago.

Hoof the ball

Don't listen to geebs, your English isn't perfect. It's very good but obviously not your first language which is noticeable in the style and some of the terminology. No need to apologize, it's more than good enough for the forums.

I'm particularly intrigued by the term "percussion qualities" which I assume means his ability to dictate the match tempo. If so, this is a very colourful and clever way to express it. Thanks for the information! We look forward to more insight from you.
You're reading into it, don't you think?

It's obviously a reference to his abilities on the snare drum.....

bosskeano

I just want a DM to pair with Pogba. Could he do that?
Don't think Pogba is going to be around to be honest. I'm not convinced they are willing to pay him what he wants and be on a 4 yr contract at massive wages. Another topic though.
He’s had 1 post. His next 9 might be rants to the gods of brexit, love notes to trump or praise of @esmufc07. All disgusting and so we should wait
Trump, while a completed donkey on twitter, is a hell of a lot better than this soon to be vegetable we have now for president. Again, another topic for a different forum.

I just think with how the Bellingham thing has played out, we will be pissing ourselves for allowing this player to make a move elsewhere if we have the chance to sign him.

JPRouve

Scout

In France when we talk about percussion it's not about controlling tempo but the ability to quickly transition when carrying the ball.

Spoony

The People's President
Don't think Pogba is going to be around to be honest. I'm not convinced they are willing to pay him what he wants and be on a 4 yr contract at massive wages. Another topic though.

Trump, while a completed donkey on twitter, is a hell of a lot better than this soon to be vegetable we have now for president. Again, another topic for a different forum.

I just think with how the Bellingham thing has played out, we will be pissing ourselves for allowing this player to make a move elsewhere if we have the chance to sign him.

That'd be a shame. That said we can't afford to lose him on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.