Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenny_1248

I don't see anyone coming except this guy. Though it seems like he will go to PSG. ffs

Silas

I guess it depends on where Pochettino would see him because he's young enough that you can mold him with his excellent attributes, but right now I don't see why he would see the need for him. PSG need a DM, Camavinga is more box-to-box and we already have players that are better than Camavinga like Wijnaldum and Herrera (who is on the bench for Wij despite having been very good in the first couple of games of the season). Camavinga needs to sort himself out because he's not been following up on his solid debut season. So he could either be not quite the talent people suspected him of being, or he's just really bothered by the speculation of his transfer. Either way, this doesn't scream of a player ready to move to a big club and impose himself. I hope he proves me wrong wherever he ends up going, but I think he might probably need more time to develop before he can come to a club like PSG or Manchester United and impose himself on the midfield. It's really early so this means absolutely nothing at the moment, but right now I'm not convinced he's going to be a star midfielder during his career. I look at a kid like Musiala, and he's always standing out despite his young age, he's at Bayern Munich (!) and kind of already knocking on the door of being a starter. I'm not seeing that from Eduardo right now, but maybe (hopefully) a move will change that.
Of course, forgot about Herrera. I appreciate the rest of your post too, cheers. It doesn't seem like any clubs below the top-tier are looking to get him (or at least I haven't seen any reports suggesting so), so maybe he's signified that he feels ready for that jump. I guess we'll see how true that is in the coming months/weeks. I think United's midfield situation might make us a bit more attractive in terms of having proper chances to nail a spot and grow. PSG obviously have the culture factor, but yeah they don't seem to be in dire need of him yet.

As a complete aside, what do you think of Maxence Caqueret?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Of course, forgot about Herrera. I appreciate the rest of your post too, cheers. It doesn't seem like any clubs below the top-tier are looking to get him (or at least I haven't seen any reports suggesting so), so maybe he's signified that he feels ready for that jump. I guess we'll see how true that is in the coming months/weeks. I think United's midfield situation might make us a bit more attractive in terms of having proper chances to nail a spot and grow. PSG obviously have the culture factor, but yeah they don't seem to be in dire need of him yet.

As a complete aside, what do you think of Maxence Caqueret?
I can't blame you for forgetting about Herrera, he didn't get to play a ton of games, but he's been solid this season and if PSG can't sell him, I don't think they'll really regret it because he's a good option to have and has been solid so far in the last few outings I've seen him.
As far as your question, I haven't gotten to watch much of Lyon this season so far, so I'm not sure how much has changed, but he's always struck me as just a solid player who can break out because he has a good touch, motor, instincts, and he can get the transition game moving faster but he's not yet a standout player to me and not someone I would pick necessarily over Camavinga. He's a bit similar to Veratti in his playing style but I also think physically he would struggle more than Camavinga in the Premier League because, and this will be the cliche 'needs to bulk up' point for PL moves, but it's true...he's just very, very light on top of being small. He's one to watch, for sure, but right now if I could pick one of the two, I would definitely go for Camavinga, despite what I've said in previous posts. Younger and with better physical attributes.

RUCK4444

If we're really getting 30m for James can we please just throw that straight at Rennes for this lad now.
30m for James?? I’ve not seen this.

Could be a very handy bit of cash to make an incredible window the perfect window if we can use it for a midfielder

SATA

I doubt we are moving in for him when tomorrow is the deadline and there has been no advanced contact or negotiations yet. He’s probably staying and going to Paris or Real on a free next year

Alemar

30m for James?? I’ve not seen this.
Rumours of Everton hijacking Dan James with a 40m bid.

Think about it - 40m for James, 15m for Lingard, we may afford a midfielder having also covered Ronaldo fee :)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Tosser to Rennes who gave him everything

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Reason why he tweeted about Saul and Camavinga because he gets his information from their agent. Apparently he has good relation with the agent

Adamsk7

Obviously going to Real for free. Can’t believe Rennes haven’t tried to push him out though considering his fee would be quite a lot of money to them

Alemar

Reason why he tweeted about Saul and Camavinga because he gets his information from their agent. Apparently he has good relation with the agent
But we might make an offer tomorrow. You never know around the deadline day…

gorky_utd

I think we are done for this window. We don't have unlimited budget so I cannot blame the club to wait for the correct midfielder depending on Pogba situation. If Pogba leaves, then we may see someone like Bellingham or Tielemans coming in. If he stays then maybe someone like Rice. We cannot afford to play any youngsters unless they are generational talent. Instead of spending 30m on a gamble like camavinga, it is probably better to reassess the situation in January window. Plus, with all the attackers in the team, Pogba cannot continue to be a lw. I think one of fred or Mctominay with Pogba will be used atleast untill January.

RkkMan

But we might make an offer tomorrow. You never know around the deadline day…
Us making an offer is pointless if the player doesn't want to be here. It's why we've not made an offer all summer we held discouraging talks with his camp, got the message he prefers Spain/PSG

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic

Think if this goes through everyone can also assume Mbappe isn't going this summer.

gorky_utd

Madrid can have him. They are in a transition and can afford time to bed him in. This mean no Mbappe probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.