Edward Woodward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Can not resist a sponsor.

Manchester United and Aperol announce sponsorship agreement

Iconic aperitif to be club’s global spirits partner

(NYSE:Man Utd) Manchester United Football Club has today announced a multi-season sponsorship agreement with international spirits brand Aperol, to become the club’s official global spirits partner.

The deal, which runs until the end of the 2016/2017 season, will see Aperol branding visible during all domestic games at Old Trafford, as well official club publications, MUTV and the official website. The partnership will also see the signature drink, Aperol Spritz, available in the stadium’s hospitality areas.

A celebration message of ‘Cheers, United!’ represents an exciting phase as Aperol develops its brand across the globe, extending into new markets and growing outside its traditional Italian roots.
Manchester United's group managing director, Richard Arnold, said: “We are delighted to welcome Aperol as Manchester United’s new global sprits partner. Like Manchester United, Aperol is an ambitious organisation and we have been impressed by their innovative approach to developing the brand on an international stage.

“Manchester United has 659 million followers across the world and this partnership will be another platform to bring the club closer to these fans. Aperol is a fitting partner to help the club and its supporters to celebrate our achievements and we look forward to sharing many successes together in the coming year

you must be fecking kidding me :lol:

alastair

ignorant

(NYSE:Man Utd) Manchester United Football Club has today announced a multi-season sponsorship agreement with international spirits brand Aperol, to become the club’s official global spirits partner.

The deal, which runs until the end of the 2016/2017 season, will see Aperol branding visible during all domestic games at Old Trafford, as well official club publications, MUTV and the official website. The partnership will also see the signature drink, Aperol Spritz, available in the stadium’s hospitality areas.

A celebration message of ‘Cheers, United!’ represents an exciting phase as Aperol develops its brand across the globe, extending into new markets and growing outside its traditional Italian roots.
Manchester United's group managing director, Richard Arnold, said: “We are delighted to welcome Aperol as Manchester United’s new global sprits partner. Like Manchester United, Aperol is an ambitious organisation and we have been impressed by their innovative approach to developing the brand on an international stage.

“Manchester United has 659 million followers across the world and this partnership will be another platform to bring the club closer to these fans. Aperol is a fitting partner to help the club and its supporters to celebrate our achievements and we look forward to sharing many successes together in the coming year

Press releases are so cringeworthy.

LonelyFire

fecking need it on match day given current performances......

Free bottle for all match going reds.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I hope they'll commission another survey of our "followers" after a season or two out of the Champions League - might be interesting.

I guess it will get rid of a few of the so called plastic fans....i bet a fair few are supporting city now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's just the ultimate wum.
I'm starting to believe this.

Everyday I become more and more pessimistic about Man Utd. I've resolved myself to the fact that for the foreseeable future we won't be winning anything.

All those years of laughing at Liverpool. Oh dear...

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I hope they'll commission another survey of our "followers" after a season or two out of the Champions League - might be interesting.
It's too much of a hassle for most people to click the 'unlike' button on Facebook.

Member 39557

Has anybody spotted him lurking around Madrid yet? He'll probably come back with a bottle of Cointreau thinking he's signed Coentrao.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat

That cracks me up every time. Absolute, utter corporate lies.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
To be fair, alcohol is a brilliant sponsor under Moyes. Should probably have sponsors for different varieties of liquor though.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
That cracks me up every time. Absolute, utter corporate lies.
Not quite as bad as Ian Ayre's comments about Liverpool's deal with Dunkin' Donuts:

Ian Ayre said:
"LFC fans should take comfort that we are right at the top of the commercial league. This isn't about money, this is about chemistry."

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Gather round, Muppets...
Ed Woodward claims Manchester United could make MORE than three signings this summer to "compete at the highest level"
Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward says David Moyes could make more than three signings this summer in an attempt to improve on-field performance.

The club unveiled record second-quarter revenue of £122.9million earlier today in part because of rising broadcasting income and a series of commercial deals.

And speaking after the announcement, Woodward said that Manchester United has a global brand that "no other team can deliver", but will now focus on strengthening the squad after a disastrous 2013-14 campaign so far.

"It's fair to say we are focused on strengthening the squad we are looking at some players in the squad who we would perhaps look to sell this summer," he said.

"We wouldn't necessarily look to churn a significant number of players, because that can have a destabilising effect.

"Historically we have done three sales and three purchases each year [on average] and it's possible we would do more than that [this summer]."

He admitted that Manchester United are "not in a position we want to be" but said everyone involved is "working hard to change that".

Moyes' side head to the Emirates for a clash with second place Arsenal languishing in seventh place - and nine points off Liverpool in forth.

Woodward said that Moyes will be given the money this summer to make improvements and arrest their slide, as commercial success continues.

"We will continue to invest in squad as need to to make sure we compete at the highest level," he added.

"Some of our competitors haven't won the Premier League for a long time but still sell many shirts."
I do wish he'd give that a rest though, we're not in it to sell shirts, we're in it to win trophies.

soapythecat

Gather round, Muppets...
Ed Woodward claims Manchester United could make MORE than three signings this summer to "compete at the highest level"

I do wish he'd give that a rest though, we're not in it to sell shirts, we're in it to win trophies.
I suppose it is his job to concentrate on the shirt sales, more than the on pitch side of life. If anything, at least he is being brutally honest and admitting that the club don't see us finishing top 4 yet, we will still sell shirts therefore allowing us to make money to spend on players. That's how I would read it.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I suppose it is his job to concentrate on the shirt sales, more than the on pitch side of life. If anything, at least he is being brutally honest and admitting that the club don't see us finishing top 4 yet, we will still sell shirts therefore allowing us to make money to spend on players. That's how I would read it.
It isn't the first time he has expressed a slight lack of concern for on field performance due to the continues selling of football shirts. Which is a bit worrying.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
We're going to win the twitter cup!

Take that City. How many followers do you have?

Glanville95

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
We need a CB, LB & a CM as a priority, what I don't like is giving Moyes free reign to tear our squad up and shell out so much money on players that our squad rivals that of Bayern or someone just so the current manager has a chance of getting us 4th next year, he should be doing more with the players he has, obvious statement I know but it's not like hes been handed a team of bums as some seem to think, our last 3 seasons have had the squad finish 1st, 2nd, 1st, Sir Alex was an exceptional manager but hes not Jesus.

hungrywing

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Aren't we currently negotiating our shirt sponsorship deal? If so then he has to say that.

They might be looking at our current position in the table and hoping to negotiate a smaller deal for it.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
The bit about the shirt in full context:

Woodward was asked what impact missing out on the Champions League would have on United financially, but he insisted the club had a big enough commercial pull and solid global fan base to cope if that, as seems increasingly likely, happened this season.

He said: "It takes a long, long time to build up a huge fan base, to have the equity values of what we are as a business and a club projected out there, so that people can understand, from a commercial perspective, why it makes sense to partner with us, and I don't think that will go away for a long time.

"Some of our competitors haven't won the Premier League for a long time but still sell a huge number of shirts out there globally, one just down the road from us [Liverpool].

"So that's not something I'm sitting here concerned about. What I am focusing on is that long-term strategy, which is making sure we're building a competitive squad that challenges for trophies, and that's something we are doing."
Bolded bit is definitely for the investors. As for the selling shirts bit, I thought his point was that even if we miss out on CL for one season, our fanbase is large enough that one season without CL football will not cripple the club financially as we will still sell shirts. This means money to buy players to get us back to the top.

Drifter

American
Talk is cheap ,let's see if he backs it up in the summer.One thing for sure the Glazers are doing well out of Woodward.

Revan

Assumptionman
The bit about the shirt in full context:

Bolded bit is definitely for the investors. As for the selling shirts bit, I thought his point was that even if we miss out on CL for one season, our fanbase is large enough that one season without CL football will not cripple the club financially as we will still sell shirts. This means money to buy players to get us back to the top.
Exactly. People wants to moan about the lack of investments and how a businessman is talking about money.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
That was a pretty good and fair interview to be honest. I just hope that the players we offload are going to be the ones not good enough (young,Valencia, cleverley etc.) and not kagawa and Hernandez who are quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.