Gaming eFootball (formerly PES)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Downloaded and played on Xbox last night

lots of fun. The enjoyment was back again. Graphics were great.

fifa21 on the other hand. Awful compared to previous years.

anyway eFootball give it a go

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think you might be about 11 months late here mate.

vanthaman

Winner
released today, not looking great

currently the worst rated game in steam history

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I played one game during the install and thought it was awful, passing was weird, kept zooming in and out.

Will let it fully install and see, but maybe buy my first fifa in about 9 years if that’s any good this year.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I don't understand how they can go from a decent game to this shitshow with a name change, I mean, what the actual feck have they done for the past year?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I’ve just tried playing it. Genuinely terrible. Like fecking awful.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The graphics are worse than 21. The gameplay is beyond shocking.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's absolute dogshit. First impressions:
  • Graphics are appalling. Some of the cutscenes etc look passable, but the actual in-game graphics look like a fecking PS2 game. Looks worse than every single version they've made for 10+ years.
  • The ball has one speed when passing: Lingard in the last minute vs Young Boys. I'm all for slower pace and less arcade-style gameplay, but the ball is running in fecking treacle.
  • You can't press with more than one player anymore.
  • You can't instruct an off-the-ball player to run when you have it anymore.
  • They fecking removed advanced shooting (which I've used forever), so no more blasting the ball low, or trying to place one in the top corner - you're forced to just pick a general direction and press x like every other no mark.
  • When players come together, a car crash happens and you can't even guess who is going to 'win' and who is going to fly off in a random direction.
I've played every Pro Evo since the one with Pierluigi Collina on the cover (PES 3?). This is the worst it's ever been by miles and the first one I just won't be bothering with unless there are massive, massive changes. I can't understand why things you've been able to do forever and can separate good players from bad ones have simply been removed from the fecking game.

It really is like they've thought "Hey, we're making loads of money off the mobile game. Let's just replace the other versions with that". What the feck were they thinking?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Seen videos - genuinely appears that every previous iteration is better.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
  • Graphics are appalling. Some of the cutscenes etc look passable, but the actual in-game graphics look like a fecking PS2 game. Looks worse than every single version they've made for 10+ years.
  • The ball has one speed when passing: Lingard in the last minute vs Young Boys. I'm all for slower pace and less arcade-style gameplay, but the ball is running in fecking treacle.
  • They fecking removed advanced shooting (which I've used forever), so no more blasting the ball low, or trying to place one in the top corner - you're forced to just pick a general direction and press x like every other no mark.
  • When players come together, a car crash happens and you can't even guess who is going to 'win' and who is going to fly off in a random direction.
I've played every Pro Evo since the one with Pierluigi Collina on the cover (PES 3?). This is the worst it's ever been by miles and the first one I just won't be bothering with unless there are massive, massive changes. I can't understand why things you've been able to do forever and can separate good players from bad ones have simply been removed from the fecking game.

It really is like they've thought "Hey, we're making loads of money off the mobile game. Let's just replace the other versions with that". What the feck were they thinking?
Every word.

dove

I think it's beyond saving now. To think that they worked on it for over 2 years to release this crap is mind blowing even knowing Konami's standards. Konami is very well known for overpromising but this is something else. "Photorealistic" graphics with pixelated crowd and grass straight from 2000s. Collision system is completely broken, gameplay is genuinely worse than previous PES games and is completely dumbed down because of mobile platforms. UI is shite as well. What is even this game? It's not supposed to be demo but it's so barebones it's mental. 9 teams or so, weather effects and pretty much all other settings are locked, I guess it's coming soon in the January update or some nonsense? I struggle to understand what they tried to achieve by releasing it in the current state. Not only there is absolutely 0 chance anyone will move from FIFA but they lost quite a lot of their fans too. It honestly feels like the end for them, especially if these 2 new football games UFL and Goals will be decent.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

I was trying to figure out how to bring the second player to pressure, didn’t realise they just removed it :lol: Christ I can’t believe I might buy fifa.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sell the IP to someone who will challenge EA in an attempt to cash grab. Competition is good. This is terrible news for gamers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sell the IP to someone who will challenge EA in an attempt to cash grab. Competition is good. This is terrible news for gamers.
FIFA and PES players aren't gamers.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It’s absolute gash. Janky as all feck and slow to respond to anything… what an absolute criminal waste of the last few years of development

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Downloading now. is PES officially dead then?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I just watched a video on youtube. How far is it from FIFA 99?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I just watched a video on youtube. How far is it from FIFA 99?
Graphics are slightly better. Gameplay is better on FIFA 99.

It’s genuinely unplayable. It’s a mobile game ported to current gen consoles and they thought we wouldn’t notice. It was my main worry about this and it’s been realised.

im thinking more down to controls and the dumbing down of gameplay. Are they only going to be targeting hardcore players who use a controller with their mobile?

I don’t want to play on my PS5 with my PS5 controller on a wired fibre connection against someone on an iPhone on a train on 4G.
They’ve dumbed it down to like 3 buttons and the direction arrows/stick.

WakeAndBeek

released today, not looking great

currently the worst rated game in steam history

My god that gameplay. Last one I got was PES 2019 and it actually felt somewhat close to being a very good football sim. This on the other hand doesn’t look any more advanced than PES 2008, I was half expecting to see Espimas and Ximelez.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Just remaster 5/6, same gameplay, better graphics, keep the same master league with a few bells and whistles. Make bank.