Eight Brazilian players might be ineligible to play this weekend

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why can't Fred play on Tuesday but Richarlison can on Monday? :confused:
Richarlison played both the Copa and Olympics so Brazil FA showing some goodwill towards Everton by not 'banning' him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Richarlison played both the Copa and Olympics so Brazil FA showing some goodwill towards Everton by not 'banning' him.
:lol:

This is ridiculously punitive from Brazil. Although iirc @antohan did say something like this was to be expected.

DWelbz19

Also, Fred misses two games? Jeez that's fecking annoying.

RoyH1

FIFA and the Brazilian FA should be really, careful with this. If at one point all the big clubs get together and say "we pay their wages. If you want them, pay for it" the FA's will be powerless. The power is with the clubs now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Also to those saying thank god Fred is out. Watch Shelvey dominate a midfield of Pogba and Matic again and create chance after chance.
Not arsed. It actually benefits us when you look at the other names on the list. Ederson/Jesus and Allison/Fabinho/Firmino missing for away games against Leicester and Leeds respectively is far more worrying for those teams.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Also to those saying thank god Fred is out. Watch Shelvey and Longstaff dominate a midfield of Pogba and Matic again and create chance after chance.
Some of our fans are a bit dense.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
think we'll have to play Scott Carson in goal as Steffan has Covid

it is a bit silly as the clubs / players we're following Government guidelines, FIFA must surely realise we're not living in normal times and tell the Brazilian FA to wind it's neck in

romufc

He was hung out to dry in the sense that we already knew his limitations and the fact that he isn't suited to a role as a solo holding midfielder.
In that sense yes. Tbh, we have all seen that this is the case, its been a few years. It comes down to the man selecting him to do that job.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fred should not be playing with Pogba. They're both number 8s and their inclination is to press not drop off and cover. It should be either/or. And I assume, even without this, it would've been this weekend.

Lets just hope Matic has found his legs during the international break. That or McTominay's had a trip to Lourdes and has healed at a remarkable rate!

Oranges038

He was hung out to dry in the sense that we already knew his limitations and the fact that he isn't suited to a role as a solo holding midfielder.
If he had half a brain he probably could do it, by now he should have learned how to position himself in midfield.

Instead he just runs around after the ball like a 6 year old.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not arsed. It actually benefits us when you look at the other names on the list. Ederson/Jesus and Allison/Fabinho/Firmino missing for away games against Leicester and Leeds respectively is far more worrying for those teams.
Firmino is injured anyway.

Shite rule though. International football can do one for all I care. Ridiculous.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Is Brazil genuinely arguing that the PL clubs should willingly let their players sit out more matches than normal due to quarntine so they can play international matches?

What in the banana republic mentality is this.

CM

Mad that. We don't have a midfield, good job we're playing Newcastle

hobbers

2 poor games where he was left to hang out to dry a little bit. People were praising him after Leeds.
2 games where he hung his team mates out to dry from almost the first minute.

PoTMS

Feck FIFA, feck UEFA and feck the FA's. Bring on the Super League if it means these cnuts don't get a say anymore.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The summer tournaments are still good, but the rest of it just feels an utter procession.

Seeing England batter some miniscule country 4 or 5-0 nil every game round is utterly pointless, and just means someone like Kane will end up on 100 international goals, as opposed to the 50 or so Lineker and the like got.

Stopping our league for 2 weeks, and then them at other times cramming in 4 or 5 games over 2 weeks is nothing short of ludicrous too.
That's the most annoying thing for me, the weekend fair enough but it's the two midweeks of no club football.

DWelbz19

For who ? You could say it is a blessing in disguise.
For Manchester United, probably. Their first choice central midfielder being out for two games is annoying, whether you rate him or not.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If it means not jetting off half way around the world for a shit tournament, I'm fecking ecstatic and relieved Fabinho and Alisson are here and safe. I'll take that one game ban.

But once that's happened I hope the PL clubs turn this around on Brazil and say feck you. In October we'll take another 5 day ban and not release our players (i.e. a word in the players' ears). You play silly buggers, we'll play too you twats.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Brazil can feck off. They dont pay their wages, we do. If we say we arent prepared to lose an asset for 14 days so fecking be it. Twats.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So they'd have had to isolate anyway? So 5 days is less than the isolation period anyway?

But all this show to me I how ridiculous Brazil are, obviously got the whole pantomime the other day because they felt Argentina would beat them without all their players. It was just a show to let everyone know all their players hadn't been released. It's like a child throwing a tantrum. Absolute clowns.

What would actually happen if all clubs decided to play the players in the PL? Nothing? As the PL thinks it's a joke anyway.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Government should scrap the red list. That is the bottom line here.

It hasn't kept out a single variant and never will. So why continue the charade?

No reason international football can't be normal just with testing as in club football.

peridigm

Oh right. It’s punishment for not travelling. So fecking crazy to use this rule during a pandemic. The Brazilian FA is a mess.
It’s not the players decision to not travel which makes this even more absurd. And FIFA wants a WC every two years. Stupid idea that I hope goes as far as the super league.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If it means not jetting off half way around the world for a shit tournament, I'm fecking ecstatic and relieved Fabinho and Alisson are here and safe. I'll take that one game ban.

But once that's happened I hope the PL clubs turn this around on Brazil and say feck you. In October we'll take another 5 day ban and not release our players (i.e. a word in the players' ears). You play silly buggers, we'll play too you twats.
They'll probably be happy.

Brazilian FA is, allegedly, horrifically corrupt. Supposedly national caps are used as a shopping window for Brazil based players, so that the people who have invested financially in them can show them off to potential buyers.

Suspending some of the Europe based players just provides a bigger catwalk for the agents and the money men for the players they have shares in.

Government should scrap the red list. That is the bottom line here.

It hasn't kept out a single variant and never will. So why continue the charade?

No reason international football can't be normal just with testing as in club football.
This is true.

The Government has gotten itself into the absurd position of just wanting to look like its doing something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So dumb. Can't the players just refuse it themselves and not the clubs?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If this goes on next month, we'd miss Fred for Leicester and then for November it would be Watford and villareal

mav_9me

Am I missing something or would they have had to quarantine for 14 days in Brazil anyway as they’d be travelling from the U.K. ala the Argentina players…
That's the part I don't get. Why call them up when they couldn't have played. Maybe they could have played cuz of some other rule? Cuz otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If this goes on next month, we'd miss Fred for Leicester and then for November it would be Watford and villareal
If it does continue, it's probably a net gain for us if anything. While our midfield situation is a bit shit with Fred missing, Chelsea's defence is quite ropey too after they sold Zouma and didn't get his replacement in - so Silva is at least as big of a miss for them. Then you have Liverpool and City each missing their keepers and other nailed on starters as well.

3vra

Let me get this straight Brazil are introducing some stupid laws that are allowing other players from European Union countries to fly normally without any problems but because UK are out of EU those players need to quarantine even if they are checked like everyday to any even little symptoms. What is more players from Premierleague are flying together with other Brazil players that do not need quarantine only because they are in EU.

So English teams said that in that case if you want to make those problems for your own players and then make It difficult for them to play next Premierleague game its better they stay here and train because we Pay them to do so.

So as a Brazil you complain to Fifa to stop your own players from playing anyway even if that can only make things worse and those players can say feck that country and English clubs will come up with some idea that if you taking our players and disrupting our season preparations you should Pay for that.

Its gonna be pretty tasty in next months.

PS. What power FIFA have to dictate Premier League and also UEFA what should and should not be done ? I thought that those are separate associations…

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
So dumb. Can't the players just refuse it themselves and not the clubs?
I was wondering if players could start 'retiring' during these shit qualifiers against no marks and then magically un-retire nearer the main tournaments. Maybe club lawyers need to start earning their keep.

Ferguson was on to something with Giggs (fake injuries rather than retirements).