Eikrem...

After the great last season, and now being captain of the United reserves, I think it is strange that he never has gotten his debut yet. Understandable that he didn't come on against Wolves, but in the last CC match we ended the game only having made 1 substitution. Why not give a couple of the younger lads, like Magnus, a few minutes in the end? It was game over after 80 minutes.

I believe he is starting to get frustrated by this now, and if he doesn't get his debut soon, I can see him moving on.

I vaguely recall hearing that due to severe growing pains the lad has gone through, United are a little wary of involving him full bloodied until he is atleast 21. He has talent and this should stand him in good stead. His chance will come that I have no doubt of

Eikrem is travelling to Turkey, and his centre midfield colleagues are Carrick, Scholes and Fletch.

I don't really see him getting his chance away in Turkey, even as a sub, but it's still encouraging to see :)

Would love to see him get some time on the pitch. Hopefully we can get ourselves in a good position and give him 20 minutes or so at the end.

#Solskjaer on Eikrem: "I have worked with him (Magnus) for two years, and he's a great kid. He has shown great attitude and has made enormous progress. If he does not get a new offer here, he will of course be an interesting player for Molde".

Eikrem: "I'm a United player now and want to be here. I hope they still want me. If it's not United for me, I'm open to everything"

"But I'm from Molde and has worked extensively with Ole Gunnar. Molde is definitely a good option for me".

"I reckon my future is decided before Christmas. Molde is tempting but I've never been so close to the first team as now".

"I train and travel with some of the biggest players in Europe. That's still a bit unreal to me".

Maybe its the internal muppet inside of me but I really felt he'd have got at least some
1st team exposure by now. He's only 20 I suppose and a young 20 at that.

So basically feic off Ole!

Well well... He says in the interview that the last time he's been training with the first team ("the best", as he puts it) all the time... I wonder if that's him being promoted to stand-by because we feel short on centre mids or if he's actually been catching their eye so much that Fergie wants to see him eased into a first team chance or two... I really hope we won't see him shipped to Molde without the intention of bringing him back.

And if not, where better for us Noggies who are still invested in him to keep an eye on him :drool:

Maybe its the internal muppet inside of me but I really felt he'd have got at least some
1st team exposure by now. He's only 20 I suppose and a young 20 at that.

So basically feic off Ole!

:lol:

If so then Ole and his and Magnus's agent are out of the loop.

– Det er bare sjefen (Alex Ferguson) som bestemmer hva som skjer med Magnus neste år. Hvis Ferguson vil satse på Magnus, så blir han i United. Hvis ikke, er boka full av interesserte klubber. Og det er ingen hemmelighet at Molde står høyt oppe på den lista, sier FIFA-agent Jim Solbakken, som nylig representerte United i forhandlingene da Aalesunds danske keeper Anders Lindegaard signerte for klubben.

Translation:

- It's only the boss (Alex Ferguson) who decides what happens to Magnus next year. If Ferguson wants to take a chance on Magnus, he stays at United. If not the book is full of interested clubs. And it's no secret that Molde are high on that list, says FIFA-agent Jim Solbakken, who recently represented United in the negotiations when Aalesund's Danish keeper, Anders Lindegaard signed for the club.

Ole quote:
– Jeg håper Magnus får en lang og suksessrik karriere i Manchester. Jeg har jobbet med ham i to år, og han er en flott gutt. Han har vist fantastiske holdninger, og har gjort enorme framskritt. Dersom han ikke får et nytt tilbud her, vil han selvfølgelig være en interessant spiller for Molde, sier Ole Gunnar Solskjær til Romsdals Budstikke.

Translation:

- I hope Magnus has a long and successful career in Manchester. I've worked with him for two years and he's a great lad. He's shown a great attitude, and has made enormous progress. If he doesn't get an offer to stay he'll of course be an interesting prospect for Molde, says Ole Gunnar Solskjær to Romdal's [stick or cylinder used for carrying messages from one farm to the next]

Hmm... curious... English doesn't seem to have an equivalent word for "budstikke".

Anyway, will be chuffed if I read that he's signed a new contract. He'll have jumped through his first couple of hoops, then... and that'll hopefully mean we'll soon get a chance or two to make up our own mind on whether he'd have any chance in the first team, through him getting a run out.

Apologies, I was specifically referring to the Eikrem quote that CLK posted.

In the MUTV interview he pretty much said that he had had offers to go on loan when the reserve break happened but there was no guarantee of first team football so he stayed. He mentioned training with the first team and how good Scholes and Giggs were in training and it was great to be on the bench a few times and he was hoping for more chances. He also spoke about the possibility of going on loan in January and he stated his preference for a foreign club.

Apologies, I was specifically referring to the Eikrem quote that CLK posted.

In the MUTV interview he pretty much said that he had had offers to go on loan when the reserve break happened but there was no guarantee of first team football so he stayed. He mentioned training with the first team and how good Scholes and Giggs were in training and it was great to be on the bench a few times and he was hoping for more chances. He also spoke about the possibility of going on loan in January and he stated his preference for a foreign club.

Got it from a Noggie journo today on Twitter, should have said

Just seen that on twitter, I'm really gutted he was never given a chance. I hope there's a buy back clause involved.

Yup twitter rumor so far though, but looks like he has been sold.

Big shame really :(

Man...

as someone else mentioned, captain of the reserves when I saw him play, spoken of with such high praise, but not one appearance for the club, and now gone.

:(

I know he might not have amounted to much, but I'm gutted for some reason.

I assume there is one and if not, we will be at the front of the queue if he does become the star he is expected to be

Indeed, Ole's made it clear he'll apply the same approach that allowed him to make a move, that Molde are looking to help good players further their career.

Looking forward to seeing him try his hand in Tippeligaen :)

Pahah. Me, Lester_Freamon, Laphroaig, niMic, etc. will be discussing everything around Molde, Ole and Eikrem in next season's Norwegian footy thread, you can count on that ;)

Surely we'll have made sure there is a good first-option in the sale? Shame he didn't get a first-team chance though.

A genuine lost talent or just another youngster that fans had unrealistic expectations for from his reserve outings?

I've only seen it from ManUnitedYouth (PS18) on twitter, he said it's yet to be confirmed by the clubs but he's talking about it as though it's a done deal.

On Friday 17th December 2010, @manutdreserves said:

I dont know if this has any bearing on the Eikrem story but in the offices at carrington today, he was saying his goodbyes and saying that he would see them all in again in Feb

Possibly just a loan then?

I hope so.

A genuine lost talent or just another youngster that fans had unrealistic expectations for from his reserve outings?

Have you ever watched him play?

He's a very gifted player who is an excellent passer of the ball and has great vision hence why regular youth watchers wanted to see him get given a chance at some point this season in the Carling Cup, not exactly an unrealistic expectation.

His physical issues have been well documented and there is still some doubts as to whether he could cope with the Premiership, however a recent growth spurt and his performances prior to injury last season for the reserves changed some of those doubts.

I would be surprised if we let him go out permanently as a loan would make far more sense and give an idea at how he'd cope with first team football away from the pressure of OT.