Elon Musk | Owner of X

Kaush949

How is it similar, besides them both not being trained in the business they manage, and being (now that Musk just bought Twitter) in the software business?

Musk has been a car and rockets guy previously, which isn't very similar. Gates didn't go around claiming that ridiculous ideas like air pressure tunnels for trains would work or hyperloops would be efficient. It's been 9 years of "self driving next year".

Musk is more PT Barnum, like a snake oil salesman. I don't get any of that from Gates.

Musk was a software guy before becoming a car and rockets guy.

He founded Zip2 and X.com which became paypal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.com

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ugh… it’s all so pathetic, boring and predictable. We all know how this plays out.

4 more years of Trump and all the repetitive toxicity his image brings.

I really, really wish America would sort itself out and turn the corner from these ridiculous old ‘Daddy’ figures that we all have to suffer.

frostbite

Cast my vote as "no" because that's my job as a citizen of a sane world. Who are the fecking bellends who want him back and why are there this many?
Who knows how many bots and russian agents vote for Trump?

(Or if Musk himself "fixed" the vote... a programmer can put any number in there.... )

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Who knows how many bots and russian agents vote for Trump?

(Or if Musk himself "fixed" the vote... a programmer can put any number in there.... )

I thought it was established he couldn't code?

Joke aside, as expected. I wonder at what point the general public will turn away but the fear is almost everybody will keep staring at this trainwreck it becomes once all hell breaks loose.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
The company that Gates founded and built will in all likelihood last beyond his own lifetime, and probably with a greater value than it had the day he stepped down from being its leader. That's quite an accomplishment in itself because it takes more than just having 1-2 good ideas.
Among other things It needed having a mom working in IBM coluding to have your kid software push through at the right time to get a software monopoly that killed several good companies like netscape.

Bill Gates was no genius either

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
This was during that Thailand cave rescue. He sent his Boring Company folks to the site to devise a rescue plan using their 'technology' (mostly for publicity, one would think). Unfortunately for him, the divers completed the rescue using traditional means and that triggered our manchild
This episode is where real Musk strucked me. Before that event i was convinced that he was the great guy that everybody said

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Aren't people over reacting a bit?

unless the site becomes crippled with unending shutdownshutdowns it simply won't go anyway, simply put no viable alternative to it exists.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Wiki: Vox Populi, Vox Dei, a Latin phrase meaning "the voice of the people is the voice of God"

So the results of his polls are the will of God?

Hilarious joke.

Kaush949

His code for zip had to be completely tossed and the work redone.

Is that all they have in common? Because that hardly makes them look like similar people.
To me, he is the Jose Mourinho of the business world.

Brains that achieved serial early success but got completely lost believing their own hype.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Says a lot about capitalism when this absolute manchild is the richest person in the planet.

cafecillos

Of all the despicable things that piece of shite has ever tweeted, that poll about "reinstating" Trump has to be the most dangerous, surely. Plainly stoking the flames of division before what is most likely going to be a bloody presidential election. God, I fecking hate this clown.

marktan

Somewhere out in CafeLand @marktan and @Red_toad still believe I = Elon Magic
?

I don't like the guy, but i'd bet good money that Twitter will still be up and running in 10 days time. As usual the internet overreacts to everything and thinks the sky is falling down without understanding anything.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
?

I don't like the guy, but i'd bet good money that Twitter will still be up and running in 10 days time. As usual the internet overreacts to everything and thinks the sky is falling down without understanding anything.
Why is up and running Twitter is the benchmark for Musk magic? It's tragic

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Twitter will go under for when it loses ad revenue to do so and Musk decides against absorbing the losses.

Although I don't think it will fold, both of those are plausible events at this point.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
?

Why would twitter not be up and running in 10 days time.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I don't like the guy but = I'm not a royal but = Ronaldo's a twat but he's our twat = Mourinho is a serial winner who can't handle losing = at least Trump was entertaining = ad nauseam for the world's biggest bunch of manchild cnuts.

marktan

I don't like the guy but = I'm not a royal but = Ronaldo's a twat but he's our twat = Mourinho is a serial winner who can't handle losing = at least Trump was entertaining = ad nauseam for the world's biggest bunch of manchild cnuts.
Why not @ me directly?

The guys a collosal bellend. Ive wanted Tesla to be brought down to earth for a long while, and if twitter follows suit I couldn't care less.

I'm replying to some guy that @ me saying that twitter's about to fail. It's not. People in this thread are conflating their dislike for the guy with some blind hope that Twitter goes down when it's not going to. I've worked in tech for a long time and I've run high volume sites with very small teams - not on the scale of twitter but if you have domain knowledge you can run large sites with small teams.

Anything even slightly positive about anything related to musk = people get their panties caught up in a twist. Same sort of crap that blighted the crypto thread.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yes but him taking a decision not to let someone come into his business, albeit virtually, to scream stuff isn't an impingement of free speech
Oh I agree of course, but the point is I think a lot of the people posting about him going back on his word about it know that too. He's clearly used the general American public's lack of knowledge on what free speech actually is to gather support before doing what the hell he wants.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Oh I agree of course, but the point is I think a lot of the people posting about him going back on his word about it know that too. He's clearly used the general American public's lack of knowledge on what free speech actually is to gather support before doing what the hell he wants.
Oh for sure. Plus now they're trying to redupe people that them not getting what they want (free reign to make up stuff and say the n word basically) is an impingement of free speech