Elon Musk | Owner of X

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
:lol: The right is loving this.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This creates an interesting dilemma for Trump.

If he abandons his own social platform and gets back to Twitter, then he is not only a traitor to his people, but he also accepts Musk as his master. Because Musk can easily ban him again from Twitter at any time. It is not the same situation as before. Before, it was a committee of some nobodies, some liberal nerds. This time it is a single human being, Elon Musk, who is richer than Trump.

It is easy for Jordan Peterson to say "thank you" to Musk. It is different for Trump. We'll see....
That's a bit much. Also he can just post on both?

SirAF

Ageist
This creates an interesting dilemma for Trump.

If he abandons his own social platform and gets back to Twitter, then he is not only a traitor to his people, but he also accepts Musk as his master. Because Musk can easily ban him again from Twitter at any time. It is not the same situation as before. Before, it was a committee of some nobodies, some liberal nerds. This time it is a single human being, Elon Musk, who is richer than Trump.

It is easy for Jordan Peterson to say "thank you" to Musk. It is different for Trump. We'll see....
Spot on. Will be very interesting to see what Trump ends up doing.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
As speculated before by a number of posters, Musk is clearly a rogue trader at best, or a mole at worst. I cannot see how he is going to stay and operate free in the US without his entire portfolio being scrutinised and restrained.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Just a minor note that Twitter were less impacted by Apple's changes because their ads were already less relevant to the users in the first place. They lag behind other social medias when it comes to ads revenue not just because of less DAU but also due to irrelevancy of ads not resulting in converts for advertisers.
I wouldn’t say it’s about relevance. They are less effective at mining and deploying their users data for targeted advertising, or what they call direct response advertising. So they’re only really an option for brand advertising. In that space, their ad data deficiencies are far less important. Of course, Twitter have been trying to be an option for both forms of advertising for years now, and they’ve just failed at it. But Apple’s changes already significantly limit the value of this kind of targeted advertising, Google are going in the same direction, and it does mean in a real sense Twitter are less vulnerable to those changes than its competitors.

And I would very much argue that most targeting is a sham and the definition of its effectiveness (and relevance) is full of holes.

Twitter differs from Facebook, whose millions of small and midsize advertisers generate the bulk of the company’s revenue and depend on its enormous size and targeting abilities to reach customers. Twitter’s clientele is heavily weighted with large, mainstream companies, which tend to be wary of their ads appearing alongside problematic content.

Twitter earns the vast majority of its ad revenue from brand awareness campaigns, whose effectiveness is much harder to evaluate than ads that target users based on their interests or that push for a direct response, such as clicking through to a website. The company has tried for years to make its platform a better destination for ads that generate measurable sales, and rebuilt its ad server in 2019 and 2020 to meet marketer demands.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular

There is some impressive sexism going on right now.
Right? First I thought I missed the point but that's basically all that's going on there. Based on two totally unrelated and rather random photos as well.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Right? First I thought I missed the point but that's basically all that's going on there. Based on two totally unrelated and rather random photos as well.
I'm sure I read somewhere that about twenty five percent of developers in the gaming industry are women. Yes, that's a low number comparative to other industries but this shite about "women don't computer" is ridiculous and just puts so many people off pursuing anything to do with STEM.

And the reality is that the majority of these people pushing this narrative know feck all about computer science. Anyone who works in it knows that there's feck all difference between the capabilities of tech wankers because of their gender.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Everyone knows only sweaty chubby men speak computer.

I delete any apps from my phone if all latte drinking woman has gone near it. I know more about C++ than you Becky and I'm a bin man.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I do wonder if trump will actually return to twitter because wouldn't that be admitting that truth social isn't the amazing success he says it is?

Could see him just pinning a post with his truth social profile and occasionally retreating his retruths

Brophs

The One and Only
:lol: The right is loving this.

Look at them. Hope spread across their faces, safe in the knowledge that one day, very soon, they will discard their well-worn virginities and enter manhood. Oh, to be 36 again.

Jericholyte2

This is an horrific advertisement for the demands of a CEO, if he can be CEO of three MNCs at the same time it must be a piss-easy job!

Destroying the myth about the wealthiest working harder than anyone else.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
This is an horrific advertisement for the demands of a CEO, if he can be CEO of three MNCs at the same time it must be a piss-easy job!

Destroying the myth about the wealthiest working harder than anyone else.
He just mastered the art of maximizing his 24 hours.

mu4c_20le

When Elon first posted the original photo, i noticed immediately that there was barely one or two women and only if you looked hard. I didnt say anything beacuse I thought it was coincidence or something. But yeah, now that you can compare, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
When Elon first posted the original photo, i noticed immediately that there was barely one or two women and only if you looked hard. I didnt say anything beacuse I thought it was coincidence or something. But yeah, now that you can compare, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Sure, that was pretty obvious but even though I am far from being involved into the Tech sector I'd guess the other pic wasn't representative of the Google workforce either. Looks like they searched for a pic of the last years intern female soccer group to be able to make a stupid point.

mu4c_20le

Sure, that was pretty obvious but even though I am far from being involved into the Tech sector I'd guess the other pic wasn't representative of the Google workforce either. Looks like they searched for a pic of the last years intern female soccer group to be able to make a stupid point.
Now im curious what it was really like.

And imagine if twitter does improve. Elon just settled the gender battle in one fell swoop :lol:

Gavinb33

I've logged off Twitter (with a view to deactivating) for the 1st time in years, I've just found myself arguing with random people basically all day today and thought is this what you want to do or do I want to do something productive with my time so I've logged off.

From what it looks like just in time as Elon looks to be allowing it to get even more toxic by the day with people he is letting back on after previous regime banned them.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
if it was literally anyone else but this loser doing the shit he's done in his life it'd be cool. But he just wants so badly to be liked and to be cool
He could have done his first cool thing if it was actually his