Elon Musk | Owner of X

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Decided against deleting my account as I don't want some bot to scoop up the handle.

So put a twitter boycott image as profile picture and changed my name to 'deactivated', before uninstalling the app and signing out. It wouldn't let me change the name to 'boycott twitter' or any variation thereof

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Jack White;

“So you gave trump his twitter platform back. Absolutely disgusting, Elon. That is officially an asshole move.

Why dont you be truthful? Tell it like it is; people like you and Joe Rogan (who gives platforms to liars like alex jones etc.); you come into a ton of money, see the tax bill, despise paying your fair share, and then think moving to Texas and supporting whatever republican you can is going to help you keep more of your money. (How else could trump possibly interest you?) You intend to give platforms to known liars and wash your hands like pontius pilate and claim no responsibility? trump was removed from twitter because he incited violence multiple times, people died and were injured as a result of his lies and his ego, (let alone what his coup did to attempt to destroy democracy and our Capitol). And how about the division and the families broken apart from his rhetoric and what it did to this country?

That’s not “free speech” or “what the poll decided” or whatever nonsense you’re claiming it to be;
this is straight up you trying to help a fascist have a platform so you can eventually get your tax breaks.

I mean, how many more billions do you need that you have to risk democracy itself to obtain it?

You did a lot of amazing things with Tesla, Elon, and you deserve a lot of compliments in that department (i personally supported the hell out of that venture), but you’ve gone too far and are now using your power to promote horrible, violence inducing liars, who are taking the country and the world backwards and endangering the democracy that made you rich and successful in the first place. I am a believer in free speech, but for example i’m not about to let the KKK hold a rally at our record label’s performance stage. That’s one of the platforms we control and have a say in, it’s not town square operated by the government. And if i owned a gas station,i wouldn’t be selling the KKK gasoline to burn crosses either and then wash my hands as if i didn’t help facilitate hatred.

You took on a big responsibility with your purchase, and “free speech” isn’t some umbrella that protects you from that/ Shame on you for giving trump and other professional liars the platform you are now in control of, and shame on anyone who does. And shame on you if you think it’s no big deal. It is.

I’ve never had a personal twitter account thankfully (it’s mostly a sea of negativity if you ask me),
but i will now be deactivating my record label Third Man Records account from Twitter.

Its a shame that our label’s artists will lose a social media outlet to promote their art, and i apologize to our artists for having to do this, but we are not going to even tangentially support you or this platform that will help conspiracy spreading liars and out of touch narci-capitalists tear this country apart, all for trump’s ego and your tax break agenda.

(We’ll also be taking a look at other platforms as well and decide about them accordingly, but this first. it’s not easy when wanting the best for other artists.)

And it doesnt matter if trump and/or his lying ilk actually use the platform again or not, your message and motives are clear, and showing his past tweets/lies is proof that you want that misinformation out there. For what positive reason could you possibly want that?

You should return to using your money and influence in ways that help the world like the electric car did, not in ways that bring negativity and division to the populace. And no, this isn’t “funny” either Elon, it’s dangerous.

Enjoy your new found power as a “freedom of speech” purveyor but remember that the violence and division that occurs based on those tweeting lies is directly related to you giving them a platform.”

-Jack White III

stoinz

I used to like him a lot, for all the interesting stuffs that he was planning to do. Space exploration, deep earth tunnels, neural link. now the fog of thinking him to be some visionary has started to disappear, starting to dislike him more and more now, he is like this annoying kid that constantly needing attention. Some of his supporters are even worse, insisting he has a master plan that mere peasants like us would never understand. It is like a ****.

The way he is almost begging Trump to tweet is shameless.

Boycott

Why is it that all these self-declared "independent thinkers" all have the same opinions as each other which overlap between right wing politics and being in either the venture capital field or professional podcasters?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Why is it that all these self-declared "independent thinkers" all have the same opinions as each other which overlap between right wing politics and being in either the venture capital field or professional podcasters?
Because few of them are. Moreover, right wing and Conservative are kind of dirty as well as Liberal, so they need to seem above all that, when in fact they usually aren't

Whether independent thinking is something to strive for is another question. In modern societies most issues tend to be interlinked and it makes sense to largely go along with the same opinions on the political spectrum.

When you go independent you can often end up undermining your views.

That's just my own free independent opinion.

Boycott

Because few of them are. Moreover, right wing and Conservative are kind of dirty as well as Liberal, so they need to seem above all that, when in fact they usually aren't

Whether independent thinking is something to strive for is another question. In modern societies most issues tend to be interlinked and it makes sense to largely go along with the same opinions on the political spectrum.

When you go independent you can often end up undermining your views.

That's just my own free independent opinion.
That I agree with but it comes with a complete lack of self awareness. You only need to see the people Elon Musk replies to on his page for suggestions of what to do with Twitter and how they are pretty unashamedly right wing in their views. His follow list is pretty mundane corporate stuff so either he has a burner account or some kind of list where he follows these people because if it were a case of him responding to a viral take there are far more that he ignores that are critical of him than these suck ups who are conveniently pro-Trump nationalistic figures.

I've never seen it happen where somebody who only posts left-wing content and promotes left-wing politicians and only attacks right-wing people turns around and denies being left-wing when asked the way these "independent thinkers" like Elon do telling everyone to vote a certain way.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I really dislike Musk, I find him to be on the Bond villain spectrum of billionaires and his erratic behaviour with other people's lives and livelihoods back that for me. I really hope he loses a lot of money due to Twitter and has to sell it back at a fraction of what it cost him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ridiculous people are giving Musk any credit for that stance. It’s just more evidence of him being devoid of empathy. He’s only capable of seeing the world through his own lived experiences and his only method of critical thought is through the prism of Elon.

Antisemitic Kanye is absolutely fine to return because Musk is not a Jew and does not have any Jewish kin so therefore can not relate, nor does he posses the ability to put himself in Jewish shoes and reflect on how it might feel.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ridiculous people are giving Musk any credit for that stance. It’s just more evidence of him being devoid of empathy. He’s only capable of seeing the world through his own lived experiences and his only method of critical thought is through the prism of Elon.

Antisemitic Kanye is absolutely fine to return because Musk is not a Jew and does not have any Jewish kin so therefore can not relate, nor does he posses the ability to put himself in Jewish shoes and reflect on how it might feel.
Yep, it might fit in with people who should remain banned but it's 100% about him.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Apple alternative incoming? When's their next event?
Apple are not going to remove Twitter from their App Store just because they are releasing their own equivalent. It would break anti-competition laws and they would be sued to oblivion.

Simbo

Apple are not going to remove Twitter from their App Store just because they are releasing their own equivalent. It would break anti-competition laws and they would be sued to oblivion.
Of course, their key employees would stop using the competition though.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Of course, their key employees would stop using the competition though.
No they wouldn’t, I don’t think any company would expect their employees to delete their private accounts on social media. That’s absurd.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Bouzy is a drama queen.

That said, if Apple started a platform and integrated into the iOS ecosystem, I reckon it would be very popular.
I doubt it.

Apple Maps is now far superior to Google Maps but I never use it. Reason being that I have a few friends that don’t have iPhones and Google Maps is cross platform.

An Apple-locked social media platform feels like a non starter.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I doubt it.

Apple Maps is now far superior to Google Maps but I never use it. Reason being that I have a few friends that don’t have iPhones and Google Maps is cross platform.

I don't use Apple maps at all because its led me astray one too many times. I suspect a social media platform by Apple at a time when people with Musk fatigue are desperately looking for excuses to leave Twitter, would have viability.

Last edited:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I doubt it.

It's barely competition for Google Maps

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I doubt it.

Apple maps is no where near even as accurate as Google Maps to be far superior. It is practically unusable outside US for starters, tried in multiple Asian and a couple of European countries. Even in US, in Sunnyvale CA of all places, my cab driver using Apple Maps could not even navigate me to a prominent hotel and instead took me a mile away to a random location.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's barely competition for Google Maps
Apple maps is no where near even as accurate as Google Maps to be far superior. It is practically unusable outside US for starters, tried in multiple Asian and a couple of European countries. Even in US, in Sunnyvale CA of all places, my cab driver using Apple Maps could not even navigate me to a prominent hotel and instead took me a mile away to a random location.
Glad I wasn't the only one. :lol:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Regarding Apple launching their own version of Twitter. Don't think it makes any business sense to do it even before you get into antitrust issues. Their market cap is in different league to Twitter. Even if latter was to increase its revenue using subscription like service, 30% of it generated via IPhone will go to Apple. So they will get their share of pie anyway.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Think @VeevaVee is the only person I know that uses Apple Maps. That should tell you everything you need to know about Apple Maps.