Elon Musk | Owner of X

NoLogo

That’s a brilliant piece. Right wing perception of freedom of speech is frankly strange.
Freedom of speech in their context is of course simply freedom of "their truth" and they want the freedom to say it unchallenged and unchecked. Musk not too long ago said he wanted twitter to become the main source for accurate information, while on the other hand slating journalists for not reporting god emperor Musk's version of the events but the journalists take on it.

All these people like Musk want the news to become what they say, no fact checking, no questioning the sense and sensibility of it, simply what they say should be taken at face value. It's why they constantly try to delegitimize real journalists and make it sound like they provide no value to society or their readers and are instead out to push their own agenda, which is funny because that is literally what Musk, Trump and all the other "influencers" are trying to do on platforms like Twitter and Facebook.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Freedom of speech in their context is of course simply freedom of "their truth" and they want the freedom to say it unchallenged and unchecked. Musk not too long ago said he wanted twitter to become the main source for accurate information, while on the other hand slating journalists for not reporting god emperor Musk's version of the events but the journalists take on it.

All these people like Musk want the news to become what they say, no fact checking, no questioning the sense and sensibility of it, simply what they say should be taken at face value. It's why they constantly try to delegitimize real journalists and make it sound like they provide no value to society or their readers and are instead out to push their own agenda, which is funny because that is literally what Musk, Trump and all the other "influencers" are trying to do on platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
Absolutely. They also forget private companies do not have to let you speak whatever you want.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They literally cannot define it. It's embarrassing.
They can define it pretty well. It's being free to say whatever you wish and bear no consequences (as long as it does not violate right wing's perception of wrong and right, of course).

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
They can define it pretty well. It's being free to say whatever you wish and bear no consequences (as long as it does not violate right wing's perception of wrong and right, of course).
They believe, contradictory and with a huge degree of cognitive dissonance, that private companies should be able to discriminate against people the business owners perhaps do not like, as the free market will punish/reward them.

Yet when a company makes a decision to ban people from their product/service, this is apparently limitations on free speech and freedom.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They believe, contradictory and with a huge degree of cognitive dissonance, that private companies should be able to discriminate against people the business owners perhaps do not like, as the free market will punish/reward them.

Yet when a company makes a decision to ban people from their product/service, this is apparently limitations on free speech and freedom.
Happens all over the place. Right wing nut jobs were up in their arms in Poland when one of local printers got fined for refusing to print wedding invitations for a gay couple, citing free market and freedom of choice, yet they were also disgusted when their profile got banned from social media. It is properly strange.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Y’all crazy with the Apple Maps hate. It had a shockingly bad launch. It’s definitely the better product nowadays.

It’s far prettier in every way. The layers are brilliant. The turn by turn navigation is far clearer and has more useful prompts. The 3d satellite imagery is gorgeous and thus usable. The City guides are generally pretty good starting points. It makes Google Maps look like an early internet offering

It’s also not cluttered and full of a million ads like Google Maps.

But… as I said, Google Maps has to be the default as it’s the only platform you can share in group chats where people have non Apple devices.
The first requirement for any map utility is to be accurate. Apple maps is no where near accurate as Google maps as today. All other features are useless until that happens. Also Ads have no bearing on google maps when it comes to navigation so not sure what you are on about.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The first requirement for any map utility is to be accurate. Apple maps is no where near accurate as Google maps as today. All other features are useless until that happens. Also Ads have no bearing on google maps when it comes to navigation so not sure what you are on about.
Really don’t want to wang on about this anymore in an Elon Musk thread. Especially as I clearly stated I use Google Maps

But Apple Maps is every bit as accurate as Google Maps. Test after test by tech sites confirms it. People are holding onto decade-old dogma.

Also, Ads certainly have a bearing. Map apps are how we find shit. I don’t need ads getting in the way of that. I don’t need so much screen real estate used up by ads. It’s all ads and it’s getting worse. Apple Maps strips all that out, and only adds content when you toggle the ‘explore’ layer. Otherwise it’s clean and fresh.

Anyways, again, still use Google Maps as it’s ubiquitous.

SinNombre

I do a lot of travelling and Apple maps has never let me do.
I’m actually shocked reading these posts
It is definitely better for navigation in the US. Google maps is better if you are walking or biking or in an Uber, and generally better globally.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
@Raoul can you please remove this sickness from this thre

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

deleted now.
another brick in the moderate/centrist wall.

cafecillos

You see, it's the left that's been pulling further away from the center. It's sort of difficult to understand if you're not an enlightened centrist, but it is what it is.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You can be good at some things and still dumb as bricks. Elon Musk is dumb as bricks.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
My twitter feed is fecked at the minute. Keeps showing me the same tweets when I reload but starts them all again from the same spot.

Simbo

Quite liking an extension called tweak new twitter. Completely removes any ads and suggested shit I don’t wanna see. Keeps retweets separate on a different page.

nimic

something nice
Scout
As entertaining as Elon buying Twitter has been, it's going to end up as a big net negative. Just removing Twitter entirely would probably have been a net positive, but he's going to do something much worse.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
There is a non-zero chance he is doing all this as a ploy to get her to notice him and (in his sick ass mind) sleep with him. I put the odds at around 75%.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's probably a bit difficult for all those recently fired twitter staff to do tbh.

Just feel lucky that he's giving up his life for us.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
At some point does the Tesla BoD step in? He is tanking that companies stock right now and alienating a large potential customer base. Our next car is going to be an EV and is sure as hell won’t be a Tesla now.

Lemoor

Why would anyone want to stay at work?
Because he is the most innovative man of 21st century and working your ass off, so he can reap the benefits of it is apparently a massive honor and anyone should be grateful for this amazing opportunity.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Because he is the most innovative man of 21st century and working your ass off, so he can reap the benefits of it is apparently a massive honor and anyone should be grateful for this amazing opportunity.
Or to keep him at #1 richest guy in the world :lol:
Tbh I feel sorry for those that feel they have to stay working at Twitter or Tesla for that matter. If I had an easy choice I’d be out.