Elon Musk | Owner of X

nimic

something nice
Scout
I guess Musk still owns x.com, because that takes you to Twitter.com. Reckon that will be the main one soon, and Twitter will just be for redirection.

It's so dumb

Suv666

What a dumb change.
His whole schtick seems to be to constantly make head scratching decisions to dominate news cycles. While he’ll quietly roll them back when no one’s looking and manufacture another outrage.

Surely, soon people will tired of the clickbait nonsense.

Tyrion

oh no he's had this stupid X idea in his head for 20+ years. he tried to change paypal to X and they kicked him out
I read it in an article today. You're right. :lol:
It is really like Succession if the kids stayed in charge. Completely governed by impulse. He makes Zuckerberg look like Henry Ford.

So do we need a thread title change or do we wait until there is enough brand awareness for people to know what X means?
TwitteX will be dead by then.

Mike Smalling

You have to wonder what his true motives are. It’s cartoonishly inept the way he is running the company. Legitimately like a teenager has been handed the keys.

I wonder what the true worth of the company is now compared to what he paid. Maybe half?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You have to wonder what his true motives are. It’s cartoonishly inept the way he is running the company. Legitimately like a teenager has been handed the keys.

I wonder what the true worth of the company is now compared to what he paid. Maybe half?
A third to a quarter.

Red Stone

He might be the biggest tool in the world at this point. He's on about a year and a half streak where everything he touches starts to reek of shit. Absolute dog cnut.

Tyrion

According to the Guardian, a company involved in the takeover values Twitter at a third of what Musk paid for it.

Fidelity, an asset manager that held a stake in Twitter worth about $20m after Musk acquired the business for $44bn, said in a corporate filing that its stake was now worth just under $6.6m. That would value the overall company, now officially called X Holdings Corp after Musk’s early venture X.com, at just $14.75bn.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I have never liked or used twitter, so this is just funny to see from the outside.
I sort of feel like I missed out. Never really used it beforehand except for guest viewing betting tips once in a while, but early on in the takeover spent time, funnelled from this thread, looking at it from here due to the funny Musk memes. Ended up seeing lots of unrelated interesting articles on a bunch of subjects (Science, nature, film/literature etc) from industry experts. Just as I started to see the appeal, some weird decisions were made that negatively impacted the experience. One of the main ones being the whole blue checkmark thing that allows them to buy in and get grouped at the top in replies. So instead of interesting or witty replies at the top, I get spammed with the loons stating "the vaccines killed a dozen people on my street" and that "crypto is king check out what I'm working on here".

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I read it in an article today. You're right. :lol:
It is really like Succession if the kids stayed in charge. Completely governed by impulse. He makes Zuckerberg look like Henry Ford.

TwitteX will be dead by then.
He makes Zuckerberg look like an antisemitic fascist?

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I remember loving watching wrestling in the 90s, which made me a fecking dork but even as a late 90s prime dork, I would still look down on the type of wrestling fans who loved d'generation X with it's 'X' branding because even the biggest dork could see what a lazy, crude and obvious insignia it was. It was obviously designed for the lowest of the low. Juvenile shit, utterly lacking in any imagination.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
all embedded Xs still carry the twitter logo as does the browser icon. the app is still named twitter. x.com redirects to twitter.com rather than the other way around.

It annoys me how inept this shitty rebranding is.

Conor

I remember loving watching wrestling in the 90s, which made me a fecking dork but even as a late 90s prime dork, I would still look down on the type of wrestling fans who loved d'generation X with it's 'X' branding because even the biggest dork could see what a lazy, crude and obvious insignia it was. It was obviously designed for the lowest of the low. Juvenile shit, utterly lacking in any imagination.
Am I missing something? What is X supposed to stand for?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
And coming from a wrestler fan is saying a lot of how sad it is

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They won’t worry one bit. Their legal teams will handle the fallout on that front and they’ll just stand by and watch until all the lights are switched off for good on Twitter or X or whatever the feck he calls it today.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
"if you don't pay us, our absolutely shitty operation against preventing impersonation and phishing might hurt your business."
AKA the Car Guard business model. Learning from the best.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The worst take in the thread.

Red Stone

Elon's a paedophile himself. That much is abundantly clear. Hanging out with Epstein and Maxwell, calling other people paedophiles (aka. projection) and now this shit.