Elon Musk | Owner of X

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Obviously I am not doing that. He most likely didn't contribute much on Tesla and EV industry per se. But his revered persona +5years back and world saviour image of self driven cars before 2020 or colony in Mars by 2025 contributed in the Tesla explosion and push a car industry that they were comfortably selling gas cars without a worry
Oh yeah that Mars thing was funny, I wonder how it's going.

Red_toad

You’ve got more faith than I do in the brand. They make bad cars. That’s unsustainable without a cult of personality attached (see Apple and iPhones in the late-Jobs era). At least Apple makes products that are as good or better than competitors products in many areas.

Tesla trade on range, and speed. That’s it.

Two owners that bought a BMW 3 series or Tesla Model 3 around 5 years ago are having wildly different ownership experiences right now. This is (anecdotally) evident from seeing two mates do exactly that. Admittedly in the UK. But relevant enough.

The 3 series driver is ticking along nicely. The Model 3 driver has seen the early “feck that looks cool and isn’t this orgasm of big screen tech brilliant” evolve into “This car is a loveable money pit”.

They look good. They’re impressively quick. But they’re awful to drive, always have some kind of shit going wrong, and I’ve seen nothing that makes me think the company is trying to fix any of it.

That other car makers don’t have a right wing facist foghorn for a figurehead… probably gonna help them.
Yeah the older cars had lots of issues. Here is Aus we get the Chinese made ones which are far superior. Theyre the ones that are taking the brand forward. Every new car manufacturer has issues, some continue to have them Jeep as an example, others improve.

mitChley

Yeah the older cars had lots of issues. Here is Aus we get the Chinese made ones which are far superior. Theyre the ones that are taking the brand forward. Every new car manufacturer has issues, some continue to have them Jeep as an example, others improve.
There were loads when I was in Copenhagen recently and I couldn't stop myself pointing out every single huge panel gap to a mate who keeps raving about buying one.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, Elon thinks he can have his way with union busting here in Scandinavia, eh?

We will see about that, i don't think he will win this one.

Unions here are strong, unlike most of the US.

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
This guy also already has around 20 videos talking and reviewing Cybetruck, and someone before said we should listen his opinion because he is the most objective guy out there :lol:

Obviously on Tesla's payroll.

I'm waiting for Clarkson, Hammond and May to review it before I believe anything anyone else says. I'd love it to become their new 'caravan' where they destroy a few each series in increasingly stupid ways.

White text.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm waiting for Clarkson, Hammond and May to review it before I believe anything anyone else says. I'd love it to become their new 'caravan' where they destroy a few each series in increasingly stupid ways.

White text.
Grey text

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

White text.
Yeah, so far pretty much every review that I've seen has been a promotional Tesla review. But to be fair even these are struggling to find anything impressive about it except how quick it is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So does twitter
- no longer ban any content / user?
- make all decisions though opinion polls?

WPMUFC

So does twitter
he's so far down the right wing online sphere that he has no other purpose on twitter than to placate the semi-twitter famous losers to feel some serotonin. He will ban anyone that is outside that sphere if enough people call for it and the "polls" are just about not actually taking direct accountability for what he actually wants to do. When/if Jones gets back on twitter, he'll post some horrific shit, then people will blame elon and he'll just retweet the poll.

Any fleeting ideas that this guy even cared about twitter making money was evaporated when he tells advertisers to go feck themselves because they don't want their ad's being associated with a "blood libel, protocols of zion, anti-semite" retweets.

He comes across as someone that is obsessed with likes/retweets and getting a specific group of checkmark users in the replies. It's almost like when kids self-harm with their social media obsessions, no amount of money shields you from the effects of social media on the mind. Just that we don't often get to see the billionaire owner's mind degrade into mush.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
So does twitter
i have reported about 5 accounts since he took over and 4 got banned (before the takeover, it was about 4/6 or something like that). all of those i've reported were indian accounts talking about killing/graphically attacking either muslims or lower castes. the one where no action was taken was something western, don't remember right now.

but the speed is much slower, and from what i've seen online, with western stuff, they're super lenient, anything goes.

Krits

Maybe Elon is trying to transition towards being a politician. Pandering to the trump base early to run in 2028

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
i have reported about 5 accounts since he took over and 4 got banned (before the takeover, it was about 4/6 or something like that). all of those i've reported were indian accounts talking about killing/graphically attacking either muslims or lower castes. the one where no action was taken was something western, don't remember right now.

but the speed is much slower, and from what i've seen online, with western stuff, they're super lenient, anything goes.
But why - either we want free speech or not?

Abizzz

I used to think Munro was decent but he's become a complete shill for Musk. Also he advocates for plastic clipping for anything. If it was up to him we'd be clipping our tires to the wheel hubs (my original reason to be annoyed by him, sometimes screws are just better).

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I used to think Munro was decent but he's become a complete shill for Musk. Also he advocates for plastic clipping for anything. If it was up to him we'd be clipping our tires to the wheel hubs (my original reason to be annoyed by him, sometimes screws are just better).
Yeah find it odd people think Munro is anything other than a paid PR person.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Seems to be spreading BS again about Ukraine.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I really don’t understand why the American right are siding with Russia. Is there any rational reason? Or is this all just created by bots and algorithms?
Because russia is a far right autocracy. Right likes right

And money, always follow the money

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I really don’t understand why the American right are siding with Russia. Is there any rational reason? Or is this all just created by bots and algorithms?
A mix of things. But mostly culture war stuff. Russia is a non-woke traditional conservative country in their minds. But there's also anti-Democrat play at work. Blame Biden for everything.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
In addition to the culture war stuff noted above, there’s an old-school realist argument that Ukraine should be sacrificed for the greater good of drawing Russia away from China, the real enemy.

Bert_

Similar to how Fascism appealed to elements of the right-wing in the 30s I imagine. If it wasn't for the fact the UK and America had just been involved in one of the most brutal wars in history against Germany, I wonder how much more popular Fascism and Hitler would have been in each country.