Elon Musk | Owner of X

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
According to wiki, Tesla employs 140,000 people directly or via subsidiaries.

$56 billion / 140k = $400,000 per employee.

Even if every employee was actually paid that, is Musk doing as much work single handedly as 140,000 other people?

It's obscene
I understand the sentiment. But let's ask another question. Why is Tesla's stock value so extremely high in the first place?

Maroon Lucifer

$200.000.000.000 (Musks fortune) / $387.600 (average price of a home in the US) = 515.996 homes? Is this right? there's no way one person can have that much wealth right?

Superden

Wealth taxes. Fact that in the UK rich people pay lot less tax on their significant passive income compared to people who work their asses off should be the no1 issue. Yet those suffer the most refuse to even acknowledge it.

steeeb

Wealth taxes. Fact that in the UK rich people pay lot less tax on their significant passive income compared to people who work their asses off should be the no1 issue. Yet those suffer the most refuse to even acknowledge it.
In what way? I thought most tax loopholes were to do with a business registered elsewhere - im still unsure how they liquidise there wealth with little tax though?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Just casually amplifying a far-right troll and spreading Nazi propaganda.

Interestingly enough, Musk never comes up as a subject of discussion at work. Never do I hear a colleague saying "guys, did you know Elon Musk has descended into far right ideology?". The guy with the biggest net worth in the world is casually saying extreme stuff on Twitter and it's not even noteworthy to them. Meanwhile, they're just buying Tesla's.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Interestingly enough, Musk never comes up as a subject of discussion at work. Never do I hear a colleague saying "guys, did you know Elon Musk has descended into far right ideology?". The guy with the biggest net worth in the world is casually saying extreme stuff on Twitter and it's not even noteworthy to them. Meanwhile, they're just buying Tesla's.
He's come up once or twice at work, but also I have one co-worker who really likes him. He also really likes Trump. He's an Egyptian immigrant to Norway, so I can only assume he's been caught up in the online culture war because there's no other reason why he'd be into those ghouls. He's a very nice guy in any case, we just avoid talking about it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

all the replies too. twitter is totally useless for most new users who don't have a niche they want to dive into.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout

all the replies too. twitter is totally useless for most new users who don't have a niche they want to dive into.
Those replies are far preferable to the usual non-bot replies. It's hard to overstate just how much Twitter has been taken over by the far-right, white supremacy, anti-vax conspiracy types. The top 50 replies to almost any tweet would have been the worst thing anyone's ever posted in the Caf. I'd prefer Twitter to become completely unusable due to bots than actively harmful like it is now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jack has apparently started using a butterfly as his logo. All that's missing now is him buying the Twitter name from Elon.

nimic

something nice
Scout
He's had issues in the past, so was curious if his drug use would factor into it. I remember the days when he was just an eccentric entrepreneur.
I was never taken with him like some where, but I wonder when the true heel turn came. Obviously the "calling a diver a pedo because he said your submarine won't save the children stuck in a cave" situation was a big one. Were there any clear ones before then?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I was never taken with him like some where, but I wonder when the true heel turn came. Obviously the "calling a diver a pedo because he said your submarine won't save the children stuck in a cave" situation was a big one. Were there any clear ones before then?
I think it was around the Thai cave story period. He made an ass out of himself attempting to save the kids. Then months later the pandemic hit and Tesla's stock began a meteoric rise in valuation. I think becoming the richest in the world inflated his ego and savior complex, which when combined with his drug use and bizarre personal life, set the stage for the ensuring silliness of the past few years.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
For me it was definitely the pedo comment. I genuinely don't recall any weird antics from him before that. At that time, Musk's profile was big but not that big if I remember 2018 right. So it was really weird seeing this billionaire call the rescue diver a pedo.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
For me it was definitely the pedo comment. I genuinely don't recall any weird antics from him before that. At that time, Musk's profile was big but not that big if I remember 2018 right. So it was really weird seeing this billionaire call the rescue diver a pedo.
Same for me

Hamnat

He is just picking at Disney because of the advertising losses. Will definitely lose but it is also embarrassingly frivolous.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
He is just picking at Disney because of the advertising losses. Will definitely lose but it is also embarrassingly frivolous.
Man children who are used to getting their own way from rich mummy and daddy and some people dare to speak up against them. Will no one think of Junior's feelings? Seems to be the common thread with all those assholes.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Can't he just die already?