Elyh Harrison

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Atletico did it (younger) with De Gea, so too Parma with Buffon. Depends how good he is really and who's ahead of him but it can happen.
Sure, Iker too at Real. Casillas & Buffon are one in a million talents, both in the best ever goalkeepers group. They were young keepers that their clubs believed in and made that investment with the future in their minds too.

Just don’t see a club down the leagues or abroad taking that chance with a loan keeper. Could happen of course.

saik

What is this? A football compilation using Blood Orange?! And actual good song rather than heavy electronic music?

Compilation didn’t show much of his saving, but I like how he hits those balls quite flat. Goalkeeper may be one of the hardest positions to come through from youth straight into first team at most clubs.
Yea, that video showed mostly his passing, but in the 2nd half he was the reason we won that final with some very crucial saves. As you said, it might be hard for him to come into our first team but he can easily forge a career at another Prem club. He is a very well rounded goalkeeper.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sure, Iker too at Real. Casillas & Buffon are one in a million talents, both in the best ever goalkeepers group. They were young keepers that their clubs believed in and made that investment with the future in their minds too.

Just don’t see a club down the leagues or abroad taking that chance with a loan keeper. Could happen of course.
Joe Hart was only 19 when he broke in at Shrewsbury I think, but yes less likely with a loan player. Dean Henderson was pretty young when he first went on loan though.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Joe Hart was only 19 when he broke in at Shrewsbury I think, but yes less likely with a loan player. Dean Henderson was pretty young when he first went on loan though.
Yeah I’m not saying it’s impossible. I hope it happens.

It’s all about finding the right club in the right situation and above all a manager who is ready to trust an 18-old keeper and live with the inevitable mistakes that comes with it.

Borninthe80ts

Will be interesting to see who goes further out of Harrison and Vitek. Two promising, but different types of goalkeepers.
I see the potential in them both too. I like the idea of a physical keeper who is commanding but the trend seems to be towards a baller. Next season hopefully both are challenged at a good level.

Borninthe80ts

It would be very difficult to find a club that would make an 18-year old keeper a starter. At any level.
Definitely most teams won’t take a chance on a young goalkeeper but we have seen in the past before its possible. We have to see how he steps up to the under 21s first but I’ve got a feeling that if he adapts well the club will try and accelerate his development.

stubie

It’s all about finding the right club in the right situation and above all a manager who is ready to trust an 18-old keeper and live with the inevitable mistakes that comes with it.
Donnarumma was a regular at 16 for Milan

Remember the geese

I see the potential in them both too. I like the idea of a physical keeper who is commanding but the trend seems to be towards a baller. Next season hopefully both are challenged at a good level.
Hopefully next season Vitek can secure himself a league one or even a Championship loan. Harrison will hopefully head out to league two at some point next season.

Red Comet

Not to mention nerves of steel and admantium-grade will power to succeed in the pressure cooker that is Man Utd. Any mistakes or errors will be highlighted endlessly on YouTube as football influencers and pundit talk shit about you, and the number of crazies who are jumping at every chance to chew you up on social media at the slightest glimpse of any frailties. Just look at how Ben Foster wilted in the pressure.

khoazany

He's already an U21s starter for us this season whilst still being eligible for the U18s. We don't do that frequently for goalkeepers so that speaks volume about how highly the club rates him.

Borninthe80ts

Hopefully next season Vitek can secure himself a league one or even a Championship loan. Harrison will hopefully head out to league two at some point next season.
This is the way I can see it potentially breaking down too. I’m really hoping we can build ties with teams more consistently in being able to send players out that play a style that’s beneficial to their development. It’s difficult though as as the variables change so much.

Bondi77

He's already an U21s starter for us this season whilst still being eligible for the U18s. We don't do that frequently for goalkeepers so that speaks volume about how highly the club rates him.
But the u21 team are really not very good though are they?

khoazany

But the u21 team are really not very good though are they?
Doesn't matter? It's not the first U21s team that don't perform well in the league. In fact we rarely did well at this level post-Warren Joyce. (on the other hand the results at this level rarely even tell anything with how everyone have to chop-change their teams)

Bondi77

Doesn't matter? It's not the first U21s team that don't perform well in the league. In fact we rarely did well at this level post-Warren Joyce. (on the other hand the results at this level rarely even tell anything with how everyone have to chop-change their teams)
It looks like if we are going to have any players breaking through then it will be from the u18s as the u21s don't look up to much.
I do think Willy has potential though.

Bertie Wooster

It looks like if we are going to have any players breaking through then it will be from the u18s as the u21s don't look up to much.
I do think Willy has potential though.
The U21's from this group that have a chance are either already in the first team squad - Mainoo, Garnacho, Kambwala, Forson; Or out on loan - Gore, Hannibal, Fernandez.

And that's the way it should be - those of a similar age that are left are often the ones who'll be released and end up at a lower level. And it's the best ones from the next group just stepping up who'll be more likely to be the next ones making the grade first team wise.

But this latest generation has already done it's job providing both Mainoo and Garnacho, and possibly Kambwala and Forson.

Last edited:

Bondi77

The U21's from this group that have a chance are either already in the first team squad - Mainoo, Garnacho, Kambwala; Or out on loan - Gore, Hannibal, Fernandez.

And that's the way it should be - those of a similar age that are left are often the ones who'll be released and end up at a lower level. And it's the best ones from the next group just stepping up who'll be more likely to be the next ones making the grade first team wise.

But this latest generation has already done it's job providing both Mainoo and Garnacho, and possibly Kambwala.
Mainoo, Garnacho and Gore went straight from the u18s to the first team though?

Bertie Wooster

Mainoo, Garnacho and Gore went straight from the u18s to the first team though?
True. I wasn't really saying anything good or bad about the U21 team itself - just that those (Mainoo and Garnacho) are the ones from this generation of U21's who would have been playing U21 football and raising the level of that group had they not progressed to the first team as teenagers.

So just saying that's one of the reasons the U21's haven't looked good this generation as they never really saw any of Mainoo or Garnacho - but that's a good thing and makes this generation a success having produced two regular first teamers while still teens. It's just meant that the group haven't looked good at U21 level as the elite duo were so good that they progressed to the first team early.

Bondi77

True. I wasn't really saying anything good or bad about the U21 team itself - just that those (Mainoo and Garnacho) are the ones from this generation of U21's who would have been playing U21 football and raising the level of that group had they not progressed to the first team as teenagers.

So just saying that's one of the reasons the U21's haven't looked good this generation as they never really saw any of Mainoo or Garnacho - but that's a good thing and makes this generation a success having produced two regular first teamers while still teens. It's just meant that the group haven't looked good at U21 level as the elite duo were so good that they progressed to the first team early.
I was referring to the likes of Emeran,Mejia,Hugill,McNeill and Hansen.
All of these were labelled as the best talent around and yet they did or have done nothing of note as far as I am aware and it really does not look that good for Hannibal either.
We could be better served keeping a closer eye on the Championship youth teams and poaching them when they are around the 18-19yo mark when they are further down the track and we would have a better idea if they have what it takes or not.

TwoSheds

I was referring to the likes of Emeran,Mejia,Hugill,McNeill and Hansen.
All of these were labelled as the best talent around and yet they did or have done nothing of note as far as I am aware and it really does not look that good for Hannibal either.
We could be better served keeping a closer eye on the Championship youth teams and poaching them when they are around the 18-19yo mark when they are further down the track and we would have a better idea if they have what it takes or not.
Emeran and Mejia both got a lot of injuries, Hugill and McNeil are both ok forwards but haven't kicked on. It happens.

I don't think signing 18-19 year olds from the Championship is a great plan unless they're good enough to already play for the first team, and if they are they won't necessarily be cheap.

K Stand Knut

The U21's from this group that have a chance are either already in the first team squad - Mainoo, Garnacho, Kambwala; Or out on loan - Gore, Hannibal, Fernandez.

But this latest generation has already done it's job providing both Mainoo and Garnacho, and possibly Kambwala.
It feels highly unlikely that any of them will make it at a top club, and certainly not at United.

One can’t get a minute at a relegated league 2 club, the other two have barely played for their respective loan clubs

Bondi77

Emeran and Mejia both got a lot of injuries, Hugill and McNeil are both ok forwards but haven't kicked on. It happens.

I don't think signing 18-19 year olds from the Championship is a great plan unless they're good enough to already play for the first team, and if they are they won't necessarily be cheap.
I thought the players around that age were up to signing their second contract and if they are better than what we have we could step in and show interest and that would surely turn their head and would not be expensive.

Bondi77

It feels highly unlikely that any of them will make it at a top club, and certainly not at United.

One can’t get a minute at a relegated league 2 club, the other two have barely played for their respective loan clubs
Gore is injured.

TwoSheds

I thought the players around that age were up to signing their second contract and if they are better than what we have we could step in and show interest and that would surely turn their head and would not be expensive.
I think they can sign 3 year deals can't they when they turn 17? So they'd be out of contract at 20 but if they're good and they're playing, I assume most of them will sign a new deal where they are before 20 so you've got to pay up if you want them.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
I still think Vitek should be sent to Lausanne-Sport. Give him a challenge in the Swiss top flight much like Kovar got at Sparta Prague. And with LS being an Ineos team it makes it easier to monitor his progress. They could be for Man Utd and Nice, what RWD Molenbeek is for Jonathan Textor's clubs (Crystal Palace, Lyon and Botafogo, who have all sent a few players to RWDM this season).

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It'll be interesting to see how they both get on, both are proactive goalkeepers with Harrison possibly being better on the ball and Vitek looking the more commanding keeper as far as the bread and butter elements of goalkeeping is concerned.

But unlike Kovar who I never really took to due to him being a reactive keeper and being rooted to his line for my liking. I think both Vitek and Harrison have the courage and proactiveness to develop into well rounded keepers. And time will tell how that development takes shape in the coming seasons.

Bondi77

I think they can sign 3 year deals can't they when they turn 17? So they'd be out of contract at 20 but if they're good and they're playing, I assume most of them will sign a new deal where they are before 20 so you've got to pay up if you want them.
You are probably right.