Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertie Wooster

I've not been either Ole in or Ole out camp - just hopeful for success without being overly convinced or confident, and recognising the validity of many points on either side: he was the right appointment at the time, did a decent rebuild, but is he capable of that next step of winning (major) trophies, etc. All valid.

But for the last month or more it's felt pretty inevitable that he'll go sooner or later, and it's got to the point that the decision has to be made tonight to sack him.

The trouble, obviously, is who we can get in as replacement. I think dragging it out and missing out on Conte was a big mistake. Zidane did great at Real but I'm not absolutely convinced about him for us. The other likely managers are in jobs, all have pros and cons, and none come with the CV of a Conte or Pep of doing it at major clubs in different major leagues.

I think parting ways with Ole is now necessary and inevitable, but out of the likely candidates there's none that I have any confidence will come in and get us competing for major honours any time soon.

VivaRonaldo85

The board don't want to pay him £7.5m

It's that stupid decision making that has cost us for the last 8 to 9 years.

Fellini signed more expensive instead of triggering his release clause and its just gone from worse from there.

Why give Jones and then Ole new contracts... makes no sense at all.
Ironic they’d be willing to pay millions upon millions of pounds for players to be sat on the bench but squabble at £7.5 million which is probably a drop in the ocean for “the richest club in the world” as we keep being told.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Donny and Sancho played well, was very impressed with the way Donny held the ball and forced people to run instead of the easy job of passig backwards.
Agree on Maguire hes been brutal all season and should not have started the game, Shaw as well. Is a new manager going to sort this out or is it another overhaul needed? After the recent performances they look bang average and not United material
AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Fred, Mc Tom Pogba and Martial could all go. The just aren't at the level one way or another.
The new manager hopefully will see that

Seij

Please, please do not make Carrick or Phelan interim managers.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Ole will be sacked tomorrow and Carrick will be interim for the Chelsea game. After that we would have interviewed potential candidates... And... I think Rodgers will be appointed... :(

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
There’ll be a flat rate fee for early termination.
But that’s my point. It probably is £7.5m which is likely a percentage figure of his remaining contract. If anything that’s quite cheap. Mourinho cost £18m or something.

Juanuzaj

Never forget that Ole made Babacar Sarr captain of Molde in response to rape allegations by 5 women. He is currently wanted by Interpol and was last seen playing in Saudi Arabia and now no one knows where he is. United legend or not, that was scummy as feck and shouldn't be forgotten.

LARulz

Ole will be sacked tomorrow and Carrick will be interim for the Chelsea game. After that we would have interviewed potential candidates... And... I think Rodgers will be appointed... :(
If Ole goes then that's 100% the case

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I think there is more of a chance of us waiting on Ten Hagg (getting a pre-agreement with him perhaps) in the Summer than us going for a Leicester-tied Rodgers.

gajender

His 3 year contract would be way more than £7.5m though, probably closer to £20m
He is not getting the complete wages is he though , Cost of sacking Mourinho who had similar contract length and was probably on Lot more than Solskjaer was 15 m .
So 7.5 m figure is about right .

Uniquim

Probably our best option
I don't know. Even though he's not proven in Europe, Gallardo is 5 games away from winning the league with River Plate. Already won two Copa Libertadores, 3x South American Supercups, 1 x Sudamericana (Europa League-similar), and 3 domestic cups. The only thing that was missing was the league title, which he's very likely to win this year, despite River losing several key players before the season.

I think there are better options in the summer, but if we were to go for a permanent manager now, I wouldn't be mad about it if we gave Gallardo a punt.

Favre was solid at BMG, but I was unconvinced by him at Nice, and despite the solid win % things spiralled badly at Dortmund towards the end.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I honestly think Lampard could be a good option but I don't know how well the fans would take it
That would be a decent shout actually. He's quite good at rebuilding.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Perfect time for Gary Neville to shine. Gary and Rio. Managerduo.

HailtotheKing

AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Fred, Mc Tom Pogba and Martial could all go. The just aren't at the level one way or another.
The new manager hopefully will see that
Depends on how we set up to play but Shaw, Maguire and Fred are good enough. Shaw and Maguire were very good last season. Maguire is a shit captain and both have been pants this. Doesn’t mean we should throw out whole squad just cause our coaches are clueless

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If and when Ole gets sacked, all his coaching team need to go too. Carrick and Mckenna have failed under two managers now, our football has gotten worse after Mckenna took over coaching the team, even under Jose.

It's time for a clear out and a clean restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.