End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

Revan

Assumptionman
We will end up in the same situation as last summer, with the manager having no time to assess the squad and with no time left to really strengthen the side. I wonder if that's the idea in the first place.

Van Gaal is good but there are other managers one can pick and who would do a great job.
There is no available mabager that is as good as Van Gaal. Probably Bielsa but he is an even bigger nutter.

I don't think that a good manager who isn't afraid to make changes (and we know that Van Gaal has those two qualities) would need a lot of time to assess the squad. Get rid of the likes of Valencia, Young and the oldies, try to make some good signings. Obviously, we wouldn't win the title next year but I guess that significant improvements would happen within a few months.

Anyway, most of the managers don't have more time than a month or two to assess the squad. If Van Gaal comes in early July then he would have a month before the league starts and another 2-3 weeks before the transfer window closes. Plenty of time.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
There is no available mabager that is as good as Van Gaal. Probably Bielsa but he is an even bigger nutter.

I don't think that a good manager who isn't afraid to make changes (and we know that Van Gaal has those two qualities) would need a lot of time to assess the squad. Get rid of the likes of Valencia, Young and the oldies, try to make some good signings. Obviously, we wouldn't win the title next year but I guess that significant improvements would happen within a few months.

Anyway, most of the managers don't have more time than a month or two to assess the squad. If Van Gaal comes in early July then he would have a month before the league starts and another 2-3 weeks before the transfer window closes. Plenty of time.
Lets not forget, Moyes fannied about all through June anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would bet any money he is regretting saying that. He'll be proud of the fans for their support but he'll realise the seriousness of the situation and the mistake he made in choosing Moyes and realise that by saying that we can't be fickle and have to support him he has made the removal of Moyes virtually impossible to do and save face.

I think that when he said that he envisaged a couple of years without a trophy while we have a couple of cup runs and come 2nd 3rd or 4th. Not this cataclysmic disaster.
Didn't he say something about Moyes's greatest challenge would be to win the league 3 years in a row or something?
I don't even think he gave any thoughts to not being in the mixer. I think he genuinely thought he'd left a really solid squad

Zen

We're not Chelsea we can accept mid table mediocrity. STAY

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
It's interesting that the Caf's and other forums' polls have made it into some news stories. Some posters say something like, "nobody cares about what someone says on the internet." Well-that may not be true, particularly for reporters on deadline looking for anything that they can use in a story one way or the other about Moyes. Not saying anyone at United care--but is does provide grist for the mill. And a 90/10 vote in favor of sacking him (considering it was something like 80/20 in favor of keeping him a few months ago) is some objective evidence of Moyes losing support among fans. Yes-I understand that the Caf may not be a representative sample and all that. But still--it's data.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
For the record, this season has been an absolute clusterfeck. I would probably be able to deal with this in isolation, however this place has a way of reinforcing negative feelings and driving away any sense of hope. Kind of like a Dementor. I am disappointed with Moyes, as he has dropped the ball on many locations. Overplaying Young and Valencia, marginalizing Kagawa and Hernandez, playing 2 strikers yet buying another no 10. I can forgive his pragmatism, and putting results over performances, as he is in a difficult position. Some stuff has been inexplainable. Buck stops with the manager, and the improvement will have to come from him, or he will be sacked, and rightly so.

I also realize that despite our title win last season, he was handed a squad built on a rapidly aging defense, green defenders who need time to settle, a nonexistent midfield anchored by a morphing Michael Carrick, and an anemic attack that consisted only of RVP last season. For me it is no surprise that our decline has coincided with RVP, Carrick and Rio/Vidic/Evra losing form. And apart from Rooney, Januzaj, Fletcher and DDG, I am left disappointed by many of the players' attitude and effort. Regardless of whether Moyes stays or goes, based on this season alone, I would be very happy if almost half the squad was fecked off, with the rest getting wage cuts, until their performances improve. I don't believe for one second Moyes has instructed RVP to miss as many sitters as he has done this season. And so on.

I believe that even if Ferguson or Mourinho or Guardiola were here, there would not be a significant difference in our position on the table, as Arsenal, Chelsea, CIty and Liverpool's improvements have not been artificial, but have been organic, and to supplant that we would need better players to replace the decline, but given this current squad, we would at best be 4th in the table. We would not see half of the vitriol spouted against Moyes because quite frankly from the beginning, he was hated/disliked by a significant proportion of the United fanbase. If (conjecture) Mourinho was at 7th with us, the call for more time would be met with a lot more approval.

I voted for Moyes to stay. With 2 significant caveats.

1. Writing this season off, he needs to convince the board of his plan that will get us moving in the right direction immediately. We need to burst out of the gates 1st game of next season with a purpose, a vision, a plan. Moyes must have seen enough of the team this season, so I want him to be ruthless with team cuts, with signings, and youth promotion to the first team. If he can't do this, he should be gone by December. Unlike the majority, I do not think "significant damage" will be wrought by letting Moyes stay. His signings have ranged from decent to great, so if he continues in that vein, worst case, his successor has a lot of talent to work with. Plus, we're Manchester United, with the right guidance from Moyes/whoever, our accent will be certain. Moyes is not an idiot, I think he is having a difficult time, but I have no problem with Manchester United coaching Moyes to become a top class manager. He has all the resources in the world to make it work. Hopefully it does.

2. If the board decides to sack him this season or in the summer, I want it to be because they have properly identified the person who can get us rolling again. None of jumping from a Hodgson to a Danglish. If we can't find the right person, I'd rather stick with Moyes until it is completely evident he cannot take us forward. I do not think we have reached that point yet. We will soon, if things continue how they are. If by some miracle Klopp becomes available, by all means let Moyes go. But in the absence of any available managers who are significantly better than Moyes, Moyes should stay. I absolutely do not want Mourinho here, I'd much rather have Benitez. feck off Mourinho.

So yeah, stay. For now. feck off idiots who can't stand different opinions, and feck off B20 :p

Cal?

CR7 fan
For the record, this season has been an absolute clusterfeck. I would probably be able to deal with this in isolation, however this place has a way of reinforcing negative feelings and driving away any sense of hope. Kind of like a Dementor. I am disappointed with Moyes, as he has dropped the ball on many locations. Overplaying Young and Valencia, marginalizing Kagawa and Hernandez, playing 2 strikers yet buying another no 10. I can forgive his pragmatism, and putting results over performances, as he is in a difficult position. Some stuff has been inexplainable. Buck stops with the manager, and the improvement will have to come from him, or he will be sacked, and rightly so.

I also realize that despite our title win last season, he was handed a squad built on a rapidly aging defense, green defenders who need time to settle, a nonexistent midfield anchored by a morphing Michael Carrick, and an anemic attack that consisted only of RVP last season. For me it is no surprise that our decline has coincided with RVP, Carrick and Rio/Vidic/Evra losing form. And apart from Rooney, Januzaj, Fletcher and DDG, I am left disappointed by many of the players' attitude and effort. Regardless of whether Moyes stays or goes, based on this season alone, I would be very happy if almost half the squad was fecked off, with the rest getting wage cuts, until their performances improve. I don't believe for one second Moyes has instructed RVP to miss as many sitters as he has done this season. And so on.

I believe that even if Ferguson or Mourinho or Guardiola were here, there would not be a significant difference in our position on the table, as Arsenal, Chelsea, CIty and Liverpool's improvements have not been artificial, but have been organic, and to supplant that we would need better players to replace the decline, but given this current squad, we would at best be 4th in the table. We would not see half of the vitriol spouted against Moyes because quite frankly from the beginning, he was hated/disliked by a significant proportion of the United fanbase. If (conjecture) Mourinho was at 7th with us, the call for more time would be met with a lot more approval.

I voted for Moyes to stay. With 2 significant caveats.

1. Writing this season off, he needs to convince the board of his plan that will get us moving in the right direction immediately. We need to burst out of the gates 1st game of next season with a purpose, a vision, a plan. Moyes must have seen enough of the team this season, so I want him to be ruthless with team cuts, with signings, and youth promotion to the first team. If he can't do this, he should be gone by December. Unlike the majority, I do not think "significant damage" will be wrought by letting Moyes stay. His signings have ranged from decent to great, so if he continues in that vein, worst case, his successor has a lot of talent to work with. Plus, we're Manchester United, with the right guidance from Moyes/whoever, our accent will be certain. Moyes is not an idiot, I think he is having a difficult time, but I have no problem with Manchester United coaching Moyes to become a top class manager. He has all the resources in the world to make it work. Hopefully it does.

2. If the board decides to sack him this season or in the summer, I want it to be because they have properly identified the person who can get us rolling again. None of jumping from a Hodgson to a Danglish. If we can't find the right person, I'd rather stick with Moyes until it is completely evident he cannot take us forward. I do not think we have reached that point yet. We will soon, if things continue how they are. If by some miracle Klopp becomes available, by all means let Moyes go. But in the absence of any available managers who are significantly better than Moyes, Moyes should stay. I absolutely do not want Mourinho here, I'd much rather have Benitez. feck off Mourinho.

So yeah, stay. For now. feck off idiots who can't stand different opinions, and feck off B20 :p
What makes you believe that? When was the last time Sir Alex has us even out of the top 2? What's changed this season? Do you not think he'd have somehow managed to get it all together?

As for Mourinho, again, when was the last time he coached any team out of the top 2 in their leagues? He'd have made the necessary signings to get us near the top, like he's done at Chelsea. No value? Matic was available at a very reasonable price.

Fellaini was a 'decent' signing was he? Why let him go on a spending spree and get sacked instead of letting the new manager sign players he wants? How ridiculous would it be if Moyes sells Kagawa for peanuts only for Klopp to become available?

I don't know what you have against Mourinho, but it's clearly not football related.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What makes you believe that? When was the last time Sir Alex has us even out of the top 2? What's changed this season? Do you not think he'd have somehow managed to get it all together?

As for Mourinho, again, when was the last time he coached any team out of the top 2 in their leagues? He'd have made the necessary signings to get us near the top, like he's done at Chelsea. No value? Matic was available at a very reasonable price.

Fellaini was a 'decent' signing was he? Why let him go on a spending spree and get sacked instead of letting the new manager sign players he wants? How ridiculous would it be if Moyes sells Kagawa for peanuts only for Klopp to become available?

I don't know what you have against Mourinho, but it's clearly not football related.
I don't rate our current first team as much as I rate the teams of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. They have excellent team synergy, based on planning that has exceeded a season. Ramsey didn't become excellent overnight, neither did Joe Allen, nor did Hazard, etc. Even when we won the league last season, our team play was disjointed. Ferguson? He left our midfield neglected for 5 years, so I don't know what he would have done, no. You can only squeeze out so much.

Fellaini was a decent signing. Like other signings, he deserves a run of games to see if he will come any good.

If Moyes survives into the season, I wager more deadwood than good players will be released. He won't only let Kagawa go, he'll most likely let Young and Valencia go. Rio, Giggs, Vidic, all out. Anderson has already left. More good than harm. He has been scoping Kroos, Coentrao, amongst others. I'm confident about his skills in the transfer market.

As for Mourinho, he's an unprofessional. Can't get along with upper management. Has little regard for his players (Eto'o comments a few weeks ago). A significant amount of his success based on massive spending. Was a failure at Madrid, Ancelotti doing much better than Jose so far. I think there are other options. But that's just me, if he managed to weasel his way here eventually I would back him obviously.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don't rate our current first team as much as I rate the teams of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. They have excellent team synergy, based on planning that has exceeded a season. Ramsey didn't become excellent overnight, neither did Joe Allen, nor did Hazard, etc. Even when we won the league last season, our team play was disjointed. Ferguson? He left our midfield neglected for 5 years, so I don't know what he would have done, no. You can only squeeze out so much.

Fellaini was a decent signing. Like other signings, he deserves a run of games to see if he will come any good.

If Moyes survives into the season, I wager more deadwood than good players will be released. He won't only let Kagawa go, he'll most likely let Young and Valencia go. Rio, Giggs, Vidic, all out. Anderson has already left. More good than harm. He has been scoping Kroos, Coentrao, amongst others. I'm confident about his skills in the transfer market.

As for Mourinho, he's an unprofessional. Can't get along with upper management. Has little regard for his players (Eto'o comments a few weeks ago). A significant amount of his success based on massive spending. Was a failure at Madrid, Ancelotti doing much better than Jose so far. I think there are other options. But that's just me, if he managed to weasel his way here eventually I would back him obviously.
One of the reason that our current first team look shit compared to the top 4 now is Moyes, do you think the players that ran away with the league all turned crap over the summer? Sir Alex's neglected midfield won 3 out of the last 5 titles and lost the other 2 by a 1pt and some GD.

Moyes has played Valencia and Young much more often than Kagawa, Chicharito and the likes, it's only logical to assume he'd sell the latter before the former.

Funny how Mourinho has little regard for his players yet by most accounts, his players are willing to go the extra mile and play for him. He won the lot at Porto with limited spending, broke all sorts of records at Chelsea, won the first ever Italian Treble with little spending too. At Madrid he won a title against the supposed best team in the world ever ever. The Barca Ancelotti is facing is nowhere near the one he toppled a few seasons ago.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Simeone is a great manager. He's pretty tenacious and he's done wonders with a relatively small club and budget (which also mean winning important honours and not staying in mid table by lumping the ball over the big guy's head). I see alot of SAF in him. I admit that Klopp would be more difficult to get. Rudi Garcia and Frank De Boer has done very well with Lille/Roma and Ajax respectively and then there are the older heads like Heynckes, Bielsa and Hiddink.

Moyes has done his outmost to make us forget it but we are Manchester United FFS. Why shouldn't we be able to attract a great manager? Van Gaal is at United level but he needs to come to our terms. I thought that we all learnt that bringing in a manager at the late part of Summer is a very bad idea. Unless, of course, its another pathetic attempt to recycle the same excuse for not spending money....again. In that case even if we bring Jesus Christ we wont be winning anything because this team needs some serious investment.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
For those who haven't seen it, this poll has been mentioned in the Internation Business times article -
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/david-moye...-united-players-supporters-lose-faith-1440674
"Rio's obvious problems with the manager partly stem from his aggravating reference in training to 'what Jagielka would do' in similar situations.

"Moyes did not like being asked 'how does what Jagielka would do have anything to do with how United do things?' All in all, the verdict on Moyes at Carrington seems increasingly to be that he is clueless.
:lol: