Endrick | Joining Real Madrid in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He doesn't want to play for a team with Haaland since he sees that as a road-block to first team football. Understandably so
If this clause is true, Man City fans will be celebrating like mad.

Rolaholic

What a coup for Palmeiras in the short term and in a the long term, Real

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Can only be jealous of how Madrid go about their business

Rolaholic

Can only be jealous of how Madrid go about their business
Truly feels like Florentino Perez has made it a personal mission to never again ever miss out on the next top rated Brazilian wunderkids after being snipped to Neymar by dodgy Barca :lol:

They've been snatching them all up in recent years on top of top quality young talent from all over Europe.

They're in a very enviable position right now and I think that moving away from the galactico model of buying up already established stars towards signing future ones while they're still kids and developing them in house has been the way to go and will be much more sustainable for them long term.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Truly feels like Florentino Perez has made it a life mission to never again ever miss out on the next top rated Brazilian wunderkids after being snipped to Neymar by dodgy Barca :lol:

They've been snatching them all up in recent years on top of top quality young talent from all over Europe.

They're in a very enviable position right now and I think moving away from the galactico model of established stars towards signing them while they're still kids and developing them in house has been the way to go and will be much more sustainable for them long term.
Florentino has been amazing for them.

Even moving away from the galactico model he will still go after the very best stars like Mbappe if there's an opportunity. He brings in the best young players on the planet while removing the ageing stars who have little left like Ronaldo, Casemiro, Di Maria and Varane. And he does it when he can get top dolla for them

Red Star One

Paying 72m for a 16 year old is something to be envious of?
The fact that the most exciting teenager in the footballing world only wants to join them despite interest from numerous major clubs all around Europe is indeed something to be envious of.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
It's not difficult to do when seemingly every talented player on the planet is desperate to play for them.
It actually is, just look at how Barca/Juve (or even Man Utd) have splashed money on big names.
While they are at the top, convincing players might not be difficult (its the same with Barca actually) whats difficult is choosing who to buy and staying on top.
With this they have probably sorted out their attack and midfield for next decade atleast.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Mad that a 16 yo can demand a clause that would prevent the biggest club in the world from signing one of the worlds most clinical strikers, actually it's kinda sad not mad.

Hopefully this will leave Madrid stacked and not competing for the next wave of Brazilian talent! :lol:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's not difficult to do when seemingly every talented player on the planet is desperate to play for them.
In this case, I don't think that's exactly the story. Apparently there were other factors such as Madrid's closeness to the president of Palmeiras, who may have accepted PSG's offer. Perhaps the progression of Vini/Rodrygo helped in their decision. Now obviously a narrative will be constructed about how he chose us but I doubt that is the case.
He himself appeared on the front page of Sport saying "everyone wants to play for Barça".
With Vinicius it could have happened like that. Of the three I think Rodrygo was the most madridista but as he himself said recently he waited a bit longer for the Madrid offer, otherwise he would have been happily at another elite team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mad that a 16 yo can demand a clause that would prevent the biggest club in the world from signing one of the worlds most clinical strikers, actually it's kinda sad not mad.

Hopefully this will leave Madrid stacked and not competing for the next wave of Brazilian talent! :lol:
It is isn't it? Vini and Rodrygo made it possible. He's ensuring whatever team he signs for would be invested in his development and success

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It is isn't it? Vini and Rodrygo made it possible. He's ensuring whatever team he signs for would be invested in his development and success
I mean, if you can demand that at 16 then great for you.

Just hope that he makes it as imagine missing out on Haaland otherwise, have to admit that the Samba Fiesta you guys are ended up with is making me envious...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, if you can demand that at 16 then great for you.

Just hope that he makes it as imagine missing out on Haaland otherwise, have to admit that the Samba Fiesta you guys are ended up with is making me envious...
That's the whole point of demanding the no-Haaland clause. The team that signs him would be heavily invested in him beyond just the economic output

Erik the Red

That's the whole point of demanding the no-Haaland clause. The team that signs him would be heavily invested in him beyond just the economic output
Interesting it is anti Haaland, but it doesn't appear that there is anything to prevent Madrid signing Mbappe. Wouldn't he be a threat to Endrick's development?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Interesting it is anti Haaland, but it doesn't appear that there is anything to prevent Madrid signing Mbappe. Wouldn't he be a threat to Endrick's development?
Mbappe to Madrid ain’t happening, so that shouldn’t be a worry.

Unsure what to make of this, hoping it is another case (and even better) like Vini/Rodrygo. Or you end up with like another Reinier….

This would also mean two more years Benzema and Endrick to take over? Huge gamble…

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's not the same, Mbappé isn't a CF, they could play together just fine. Much harder to fit him next to Haaland

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I’m pretty happy with how the whole process has worked out really. Getting him was always unlikely, but by all accounts we made a lot more inroads than people were expecting. We are closer to having the club structure and inroads we want in South America and Brazil, and it all seems steps in the right direction.

I was a little surprised with all the uncertainty around La Liga and the financial stability of Spain as a country that Madrid would make a resource commitment like that to a 16 year old prior to their court date over the Superleague issue in a few weeks.

I don’t think they wanted to come to a decision prior to that date, which means we at least did well enough to force them to fully jump in he pot.

C’est la vie.

Rolaholic

Dude has played 7 games and he's gone for 72 million? Wow.
It's too ward off any other potential suitors, he won't ay for them until 2024 according to their agreement.

Got time to get experience at home before his move to Europe. Florentino Perez just wanted to avoid another missing out on Neymar situation.

Stadjer

People claimed the transferfee for Vinicius and Rodrygo were ridiculous too and those turned out to be a steal in the end. Its a risk yes but if Endrick goes to Benfica (for example) first than after that the price will be above 70m. If he goes to another super club his price goes way above 70m.

Vinicius and Rodrygo showed that it is worth the risk and the money saved by not buying those two players from a ''step inbetween'' club but straight from Brazil basically pays for Endrick.

the_cliff

People claimed the transferfee for Vinicius and Rodrygo were ridiculous too and those turned out to be a steal in the end. Its a risk yes but if Endrick goes to Benfica (for example) first than after that the price will be above 70m. If he goes to another super club his price goes way above 70m.

Vinicius and Rodrygo showed that it is worth the risk and the money saved by not buying those two players from a ''step inbetween'' club but straight from Brazil basically pays for Endrick.
Even if he doesn't work out at Madrid you can easily see a team paying at least 40 mill for his potential at say 21-23 years of age. Similar to what happened with Odegaard and Arsenal.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
The game has gone a little crazy, €72m for a 16 year old is unfathomable really.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
The game has gone a little crazy, €72m for a 16 year old is unfathomable really.
Sadly this type of thing has brought the level of play down in the NBA. Everyone is always trying to sign the next one and done player. So many teams are a collection of individuals and not a team at all.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sadly this type of thing has brought the level of play down in the NBA. Everyone is always trying to sign the next one and done player. So many teams are a collection of individuals and not a team at all.
I keep saying it, but it feels like football is just pulling further and further away from me that I no longer enjoy it.

Yes I want to see great football, but when a 16 year old is going for €72m and demanding a club with the stature of Madrid not to sign one of he best players in the world is...I don't know, kinda vile?

There are very few footballers that seem to have a real passion for football too which makes it look like we're just consumers - yuch.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Paying that kind of money and waiting two years is some risk.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Real are absolutely hoovering up young Brazilian talent but I could see this going the way of Ødegaard who turned out alright but not at Real and somewhat wasted his developmental years by going to Real instead of learning his trade at an Ajax or Dortmund.

Still, if he's that good, he'll make it.

Rolaholic

Real are absolutely hoovering up young Brazilian talent but I could see this going the way of Ødegaard who turned out alright but not at Real and somewhat wasted his developmental years by going to Real instead of learning his trade at an Ajax or Dortmund.

Still, if he's that good, he'll make it.
Could turn out like Odegaard, could turn out like Vinicius, Militao and Rodrygo.

Either way, signing the best young prospects around isn't a bad strategy at all. They either end up with a long term piece of their team or they can recoup the money selling them elsewhere in Europe since they're still very young and full of talent/potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.