Endrick | Joining Real Madrid in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
who would he replace there? Benzema? They are already stacked upfront
Yes. Benzema is 34. Endrick is a kid who will need development. Perfect to develop under Benzema before he retires.

But watching the videos, I am not sure this kid is a proper striker. Plays more like an inside winger, no good examples of operating in the box with his back to the goal, which is crucial in European competitions. He is a striker like Rashford is a striker (is not)

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Yes. Benzema is 34. Endrick is a kid who will need development. Perfect to develop under Benzema before he retires.

But watching the videos, I am not sure this kid is a proper striker. Plays more like an inside winger, no good examples of operating in the box with his back to the goal, which is crucial in European competitions. He is a striker like Rashford is a striker (is not)
Do people see him as a striker?

I didn’t think that’s how people viewed him, because I agree with your assessment.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

I didn’t think that’s how people viewed him, because I agree with your assessment.
The opening post listed him as "Position: Attack - Centre-Forward" and Transfermarkt says the center is where he mostly plays, but it doesn't make sense based on videos. He is young enough that maybe that changes when he comes to Europe.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sounds like he's a sure thing. Think we'd be about 6th or 7th in the list of clubs he'd go to though which is a shame.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are we really in a position to spunk 60m on a wonderkid with no certainty? It's a nice dream but not really what we need right now.

Wrecking ralf

His finishing looks brilliant for his age. Not sure if these young South Americans would take to the prem or even a lower league English team as their first move away from their native country. It’s a lot tougher than almost every other league in the world. Besides the weather I can see them using that as an excuse to go elsewhere.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Are we really in a position to spunk 60m on a wonderkid with no certainty? It's a nice dream but not really what we need right now.
We don't need a top striker? You can say things like "spunk 60m with no certainty" yet we have a history at this point of spunking more than that on players that seemed a "certainty" and weren't.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If we want to sign him, we need to do it now. Not after he leaves Dortmund.

Valencia Shin Crosses

A tad dramatic
It's not really. It's shortsighted from the club that we basically don't do business in South America for any of these kids (outside of Pellistri) when some of the top prospects in football have come from there. I'd have no problem with Madrid beating us to the signature of a top Brazilian, but when it's widely regarded by all that this kid is the best to come through in years and Madrid is in negotiations with him while we get reports of United "stepping up their scouting of him", it's frustrating. Same shit happened with Caicedo and now he's a 50m player for Brighton when we could have had him for 6m.

It's just terrible transfer strategy to sit and wait for every player to be "ready to take the step to United" like Antony this summer, you end up paying 2-3x what you might have a couple of years ago while committing more of your wage bill as well without any assurances these players will actually improve the side.

prateik

He's 16? Isn't there some rule where players cant leave Brazil before they turn 18? That's a lot of money for someone to have him join in summer 2024..

We cant do that right now.. more pressing issues.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's 16? Isn't there some rule where players cant leave Brazil before they turn 18? That's a lot of money for someone to have him join in summer 2024..

We cant do that right now.. more pressing issues.
Our pressing has been decent the last few games tbf :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We don't need a top striker? You can say things like "spunk 60m with no certainty" yet we have a history at this point of spunking more than that on players that seemed a "certainty" and weren't.
Is he a top striker? he's only made his mens league debut last month :lol:

I'm not doubting he 'could' have the potential, but he can't even join us for 2 years at best.

We have bigger short term issues than fighting over a 16 year old.

Andersonson

Signing top prospect from Brazil is never a certainty. They are all top class until they come and never kick on. Not everyone from Brazil is a Neymar or Ronaldinho.

Keirisson, Barbosa etc are all players who cost a fortune and never made it and their talents were also hyped to the moon. We dont need a maybe player, we need someone who can come in and score from day 1.

BerryBerryShrew

Yeah 21. Although looking back he should have been scooped up long before that, he was destroying teams at Santos as an 18 year old
Every team was desperate to sign him earlier but he wanted to stay with Santos until after the 2014 world cup. In the end, he had outgrown the league so much that he actually left a year earlier than originally planned (2013).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Signing top prospect from Brazil is never a certainty. They are all top class until they come and never kick on. Not everyone from Brazil is a Neymar or Ronaldinho.

Keirisson, Barbosa etc are all players who cost a fortune and never made it and their talents were also hyped to the moon. We dont need a maybe player, we need someone who can come in and score from day 1.
People aren’t wanting us to sign him for immediate impact though. Would be cool to sign him with a view to him moving at 18 and still go out and buy a top striker. By the time he’d be 20/21 we would’ve gotten 5/6 years out of whichever striker we signed in the mean time.

Andersonson

People aren’t wanting us to sign him for immediate impact though. Would be cool to sign him with a view to him moving at 18 and still go out and buy a top striker. By the time he’d be 20/21 we would’ve gotten 5/6 years out of whichever striker we signed in the mean time.
Nothing suggest we have the money for that kind of strategy im afraid

Chief123

Work permit would be the problem as he is younger than 18. He doesn’t play in one of europes top 5 leagues and he hasn’t made enough international appearances.

I’d imagine we’d have to buy him and then loan him out until he’s eligible for a work permit.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Is he a top striker? he's only made his mens league debut last month :lol:

I'm not doubting he 'could' have the potential, but he can't even join us for 2 years at best.

We have bigger short term issues than fighting over a 16 year old.
My point is that the reason we have "bigger short term issues" is partly because your attitude is one the club has seemingly adopted as well that we have "bigger fish to fry". You need to be able to do both. RM is able to recruit first team players while also pursuing these top youngsters, and then people wonder how they do it as if it's this magic formula. We are going into this summer and are probably going to pay close to 100m for a striker like Osimhen who's good but has his deficiencies. Paying that amount at any position for a player that's still going to have drawbacks is the position you put yourself in as a club when you refuse to take a shot on wonderkids because they aren't going to immediately slot into the starting XI.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Isn't it a well known fact that you can bribe people in Brazil to alter footballers birth certificates so they become older or younger than they actually are?
Why don't we do that? shows you how inept this club is at dealing with transfers.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
My point is that the reason we have "bigger short term issues" is partly because your attitude is one the club has seemingly adopted as well that we have "bigger fish to fry". You need to be able to do both. RM is able to recruit first team players while also pursuing these top youngsters, and then people wonder how they do it as if it's this magic formula. We are going into this summer and are probably going to pay close to 100m for a striker like Osimhen who's good but has his deficiencies. Paying that amount at any position for a player that's still going to have drawbacks is the position you put yourself in as a club when you refuse to take a shot on wonderkids because they aren't going to immediately slot into the starting XI.
Did we not recently purchase two young forwards with promise with a view to building them into first team material?

Let's not also forget we actually have a young forward knocking on the first team door, what we really need is a striker for the here and now.

So the long term I don't think is a priority currently

Valencia Shin Crosses

Did we not recently purchase two young forwards with promise with a view to building them into first team material?

Let's not also forget we actually have a young forward knocking on the first team door, what we really need is a striker for the here and now.

So the long term I don't think is a priority currently
Amad is the only real "top prospect" we purchased, and him and Garnacho are wingers anyways (Not to mention I think we've handled Amad's development terribly before this year). But my point was more directed to the recruitment of South America anyways and how historically it doesn't seem like we've bothered with top prospects from there

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Amad is the only real "top prospect" we purchased, and him and Garnacho are wingers anyways (Not to mention I think we've handled Amad's development terribly before this year). But my point was more directed to the recruitment of South America anyways and how historically it doesn't seem like we've bothered with top prospects from there
That's a fair point, article highlighting that point: Article

I used the term forward as they aren't out and out wingers, moreso the new breed of wide forwards in my opinion, although with Amad who knows where his best position is yet?!

Charles Miller

Yes, he is a 9. But historically the majority of brazilian strikers were more second strikers/wingers, like Ronaldo or Adriano, because those players who operate more in the box or using only muscles to hold the CBs were seen as inferior players.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He was 2 when we last won the champions league. That’s a depressing thought.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's not really. It's shortsighted from the club that we basically don't do business in South America for any of these kids (outside of Pellistri) when some of the top prospects in football have come from there. I'd have no problem with Madrid beating us to the signature of a top Brazilian, but when it's widely regarded by all that this kid is the best to come through in years and Madrid is in negotiations with him while we get reports of United "stepping up their scouting of him", it's frustrating. Same shit happened with Caicedo and now he's a 50m player for Brighton when we could have had him for 6m.

It's just terrible transfer strategy to sit and wait for every player to be "ready to take the step to United" like Antony this summer, you end up paying 2-3x what you might have a couple of years ago while committing more of your wage bill as well without any assurances these players will actually improve the side.
I do agree with you about the club lagging behind when it comes to exploiting the South American market. South America has a abundance of talent that we should be tapping into. But I believe that might well be about to change and the current influx of South American players in the first team isn't just down to ten Hag's arrival imo but also the arrival of a Argentine head scout that has taken up the role of head of scouting without most fans even realising that he's come in and replaced one of the out-going head scouts. It was reported in The Athletic about the recruitment team persuading ten Hag to sign Casemiro after the Frenkie chase didn't come to fruition, and I believe it was the South American head scout who very likely was the key factor due to his background in South America.

The name is Jose Mayorga and I know very little about him, apart from him being Argentine and having strong links to South America where he's been a prominent scout in the region for well over a decade. He's basically sitting at the top of the chain at recruitment level alongside Simon Wells. And if one wants to start taking advantage of the emerging talent in the South American market, then giving authority to a South American scout at the top of the recruitment chain is a good start.

This (below) was reported in May this year by James Ducker, and Mick Court is someone who does the video analysis on potential targets whilst Wells and Mayorga run the recruitment. And we just have to see how things develop now. I also don't think we'll sign Endrick but with Mayorga we might look to pick up youngsters like Roque Junior and Angelo Gabriel who are both 17.

Wrecking ralf

Work permit would be the problem as he is younger than 18. He doesn’t play in one of europes top 5 leagues and he hasn’t made enough international appearances.

I’d imagine we’d have to buy him and then loan him out until he’s eligible for a work permit.
ideally signing him now would be cheaper. He gets 2 years at a decent club in Brazil before moving here and getting to develop in our youth setup until he progresses enough to warrant a call up. Whether that interests him and his family is another matter like. It won’t happen. He’ll get tapped up by Real or Barca and move to Spain like they always do.

istripador

ideally signing him now would be cheaper. He gets 2 years at a decent club in Brazil before moving here and getting to develop in our youth setup until he progresses enough to warrant a call up. Whether that interests him and his family is another matter like. It won’t happen. He’ll get tapped up by Real or Barca and move to Spain like they always do.
WTF? Palmeiras is massive Club in brazil! Real and Barça are crazy about him.
the lack of interest in Brazilian football on this forum is embarrassing

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is it just me or is a 60m euros release clause for the apparent next big Brazilian star not that much? Compared to Neymar, Robinho etc. I know he’s only 16, but we spent the equivalent of about 3 times that on Rooney when he wasn’t much older. Even if he turns out to be mostly hype, 60m now barely gets you a Richarlison.

Maybe if one club meets his release clause then the rest will follow. Seems as if they’re all waiting to see if he’s the next Kerlon.

Wrecking ralf

WTF? Palmeiras is massive Club in brazil! Real and Barça are crazy about him.
the lack of interest in Brazilian football on this forum is embarrassing
How have you read my post and then decided I didn’t think Palmeiras were a decent club? I literally said it in the post.

jeepers

I do agree with you about the club lagging behind when it comes to exploiting the South American market. South America has a abundance of talent that we should be tapping into. But I believe that might well be about to change and the current influx of South American players in the first team isn't just down to ten Hag's arrival imo but also the arrival of a Argentine head scout that has taken up the role of head of scouting without most fans even realising that he's come in and replaced one of the out-going head scouts. It was reported in The Athletic about the recruitment team persuading ten Hag to sign Casemiro after the Frenkie chase didn't come to fruition, and I believe it was the South American head scout who very likely was the key factor due to his background in South America.

The name is Jose Mayorga and I know very little about him, apart from him being Argentine and having strong links to South America where he's been a prominent scout in the region for well over a decade. He's basically sitting at the top of the chain at recruitment level alongside Simon Wells. And if one wants to start taking advantage of the emerging talent in the South American market, then giving authority to a South American scout at the top of the recruitment chain is a good start.

This (below) was reported in May this year by James Ducker, and Mick Court is someone who does the video analysis on potential targets whilst Wells and Mayorga run the recruitment. And we just have to see how things develop now. I also don't think we'll sign Endrick but with Mayorga we might look to pick up youngsters like Roque Junior and Angelo Gabriel who are both 17.

With this bit “Market in South America is very interesting.”, it seems promising. A club of our size and stature should be scouting for talents around the globe. We are (I feel) already so far behind others.

Status
Not open for further replies.