England - Euro 2021 Discussion | FA chairman: Southgate to be offered new contract until Euro 2024

Idxomer

Rashford takes a huge amount of inexplicable decisions every game.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
One of the things I haven't understood in the past 3 years at least, is how Ward-Prowse still plays for Southampton. He is comfortably ahead of a player like Neves for me. Better than Tielemans as well.
Yet, never a word about him moving away.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Probably the wrong game to say this.
Just no end product to his game currently (same for Sterling).

Don't think it would do any harm for those two to be impact players and perhaps feel their way into the tournament and get some confidence back with a match winning cameo off the bench.

Mind you Sancho has been disappointing aswell considering he ended the season really well.

mancan92

Its not 99/100, and attacking play mostly doesn't come off otherwise games would have 20 goals a match. Watch other top class attacking players objectively and its the same for them.
Come on how many players try to dribble the whole team as much as rashford? How many players walk around as much as rashford? How many players mess up opportunities as much as rashford? He tries something everytime he gets the ball. Has no concept of the simple pass.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of the things I haven't understood in the past 3 years at least, is how Ward-Prowse still plays for Southampton. He is comfortably ahead of a player like Neves for me. Better than Tielemans as well.
This actually popped up an hour ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...outhamptons-james-ward-prowse-transfer-window

He's their Grealish though and on long term deal so unless he really wants to leave they can just ask for massive fee like we're doing.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
With Maguire unfit, Rashford way off form, and Shaw looking a bit tired, I am not sure I would start any United players for England right now. Would play Chilwell on the left.

tjb

He' s English and dint burst on the scene. Being English works two ways. If you are young, the need for a new star will bring the hype. However, if you are still playing for a team, like say Villa, despite the fact that your play suggests thag you are clearly one of the best players in the league, unless you shine bright when your manager takes 15 years to call you up, you'll be underhyped.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I can see what you're saying, but it's also really hard to judge it on based on the performances in friendlies. The intensity is just way too low and we're not really seeing too much from the talent that we have in Calvert-Lewin, Rashford, Grealish, and Sancho.

Granted, if our first couple of games are like this, then I'll agree with you. The team should be expected to play well judging by who is in the squad.
I just feel like there are too many telltale signs in the last few years. His pragmatic set-ups, tendency to stick with players who have done well in the past, picking players in reputation.

Sterling and Rashford, for example, desperately need a break from football. They were mere shadows all season and struggles for form over 9 months of a long season. Whereas you had Grealish and Foden bossing games and making a CL final.

Play the players in form and go for it. He won’t be progressive and he won’t be bold and that will always limit what a team like this can achieve.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sancho taken off, felt like he struggled a bit.

Idxomer

With Maguire unfit, Rashford way off form, and Shaw looking a bit tired, I am not sure I would start any United players for England right now. Would play Chilwell on the left.
Shaw has looked good.

Bocca9978

Because Liverpool don’t want him yet?

MU655

If Grealish isn't in the first-team in the Euros, Southgate should be sacked on the spot.

Adcuth

Henderson over Phillips and Stones over White for me. Also no Kane?
Went for a team that I think would work well together. Fluid front 3, tidy defence. Phillips i think is better than Henderson at playing DM.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Jwp is incredibly consistent and will be a tragedy if he’s not included in the squad. We got this culture where we need a ‘big name’ player. Somehow Rashford is one of those for us without ever really earning it. Grealish is much more productive than him, he’s just a much better player. Meanwhile media gets excited over Rashford and jwp the kind of player vitally needed just ignored.

tjb

Grealish gets on the left for two seconds and makes something happen. Don't know why it's a debate for him to be in the Xi. Bar Kane, this is England's best player.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good penalty by Rashford.

Walters_19_MuFc

Just no end product to his game currently (same for Sterling).

Don't think it would do any harm for those two to be impact players and perhaps feel their way into the tournament and get some confidence back with a match winning cameo off the bench.

Mind you Sancho has been disappointing aswell considering he ended the season really well.
Isn't end product goals and assists? If so, Rashford had quite a lot of those. Cant be bothered to do research at the moment but I'd guess Rashford has more goals than most of our other wide players.

Dan_F

The kind of penalty United had plenty over the last two years. Seems like it’s a stonewall now.

Leg-End

Grealish should be first name on the sheet, he’s such a tricky little fecker.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Villa looking to buy him now