England - Euro 2021 Discussion | FA chairman: Southgate to be offered new contract until Euro 2024

jackal&hyde

Shaw is great and Rashford is the most dangerous player on the field along with Sancho.

Walters_19_MuFc

That move is what Sancho is all about. He's been starved because more or less everything has been down the left but those one touch passes and interchange is what he excels at. He needs the ball more.

Adcuth

Rubbish aren’t they, don’t understand the team he’s picked. Fetched half the right backs in England then picks Godfrey there.
With the talent we have, I reckon I could pick a team capable of playing good football. Southgate is utterly shite. Worst manager they could have picked

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ward Prowse is good in midfield. Hope he comes in Trent's place.

Nick7

Weird that Rio Ferdinand was subject to racist abuse whilst working for BT at Wolves the other week, if it's not about racism but the fact people aren't distancing themselves enough from BLM. Did he walk on the pitch and kneel when nobody was looking?
Countless players have been racially abused by “fans” the past season. But yeah it’s about the “organisation”.

James Peril

The downplaying of Mings and overhyping of Maguire on here is hilarious. One would think we’re talking prime Nesta - and Senderos out to really ruin for his team. Truth is there is very little between Maguire and Mings, both have the same strengths.. some difference in weaknesses. Overall, very close in quality - switch teams and none of them would look very different. Mings might have worked up an impression of doing some weird decisions, but it’s not like Maguire doesn’t have one himself. Two decent stoppers with great aerial ability and decent passing skills, Maguire is incredibly slow, Mings a bit too rash, both a few levels below top class.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I have to say I love Shaw. His attitude, his talent, his confidence in the situation, his spot on defending, his pace and his contributions up front.

If Shaw can continue the rest of his career injury free for the next four years, I would consider a swap deal with Robertson. Just don't tell other LFC fans I said that. :nervous:

One small but significant thing is he doesn't do the diving that seems to have become a norm at his club. Something I noticed and has further elevated my opinion of him.

Dobba

Countless players have been racially abused by “fans” the past season. But yeah it’s about the “organisation”.
It is very amusing that you could probably draw a single circle Venn diagram made up of the folks who use the organisation argument with the knee and will be the loudest to complain when James McClean refuses to wear a poppy on his shirt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The manager and players have put the protests in crystal clear context at this point, so there should be no confusion as to what they're about or legitimacy in disingenuous arguments otherwise. If fans are still booing at that point, ban them. Their actions aren't helping the team and make England look bad.

England fans carry enough of a negative reputation as is largely due to the actions of a minority of scumbags from previous generations. You don't need another minority of morons showing ye up now as well. It's unfair on normal fans who just want to support the team to be associated with this horseshit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have to say I love Shaw. His attitude, his talent, his confidence in the situation, his spot on defending, his pace and his contributions up front.

If Shaw can continue the rest of his career injury free for the next four years, I would consider a swap deal with Robertson. Just don't tell other LFC fans I said that. :nervous:

One small but significant thing is he doesn't do the diving that seems to have become a norm at his club. Something I noticed and has further elevated my opinion of him.
Diving = no dinner

Superunknown

Hands off! He's ours. :devil:

Shaw is brilliant. He's on top of his game right now.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

That's just because he's absolutely dreadful at it. Seriously awful.

siw2007

struggling to break down Romania today. Rashford, Grealish and Sancho have looked dangerous in moments and need to get the ball into these players quicker.

Leg-End

Don’t really understand why we aren’t just putting our best 11 out there in this game for say 60 mins and getting some understanding and confidence flowing.

This is a pointless endeavour.

padzilla

Hipster
What is the logic behind booing an anti-racist gesture if you are not in support of racism?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That's just because he's absolutely dreadful at it. Seriously awful.
:lol:

That's probably true, he is so good at staying on his feet, even at top pace, going down anywhere on the pitch must seem alien to him.

GueRed

they can boo.. decent people will call out their racism.

the boos were eventually drowned out by applause

saivet

Don’t really understand why we aren’t just putting our best 11 out there in this game for say 60 mins and getting some understanding and confidence flowing.

This is a pointless endeavour.
The Chelsea and City players have only had a day or two of training. It's good that most of the squad get some minutes.

Kag

The downplaying of Mings and overhyping of Maguire on here is hilarious. One would think we’re talking prime Nesta - and Senderos out to really ruin for his team. Truth is there is very little between Maguire and Mings, both have the same strengths.. some difference in weaknesses. Overall, very close in quality - switch teams and none of them would look very different. Mings might have worked up an impression of doing some weird decisions, but it’s not like Maguire doesn’t have one himself. Two decent stoppers with great aerial ability and decent passing skills, Maguire is incredibly slow, Mings a bit too rash, both a few levels below top class.
A lot of time must have been spent writing this shite.

Mings is terrible and Maguire is very good.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Really hope we can get Grealish in the future, but the system would need to change to accommodate him. Worth it probably.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thats an awful post. Give your head wobble. Actually better yet try watching the games and not regurgitating the garbage from rival fans and the media.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If he'd done his job, he'd know that Holgate is the better player and is the one that can play right back. Godfrey is a CB
Nah, Godfrey is way better than Holgate with more potential, he’s just a CB. Godfrey can play RB if you need him to but he will be extremely limited going forward.

MU655

I think Grealish, Rashford, and Sancho could make a very good team. Unfortunately, Southgate has barely played Grealish, but the understanding looks like it is there.

I would just play Mount in central midfield. He has the ability to drive the ball forward, and it is not like we have amazing options in the position.

Drainy

Rashford has been the only incisive passer in that team. Between that, Ward-Prowse's set pieces, and space created by Grealish's close control it's been the only real threat.