England - Euro 2021 Discussion | FA chairman: Southgate to be offered new contract until Euro 2024

MadMike

We need some more songs other than the national anthem. It's nice and all, but how many times can a man hear it during a game.

Great save by Johnstone btw.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Isn't end product goals and assists? If so, Rashford had quite a lot of those. Cant be bothered to do research at the moment but I'd guess Rashford has more goals than most of our other wide players.
4 league goals in his last 22 prem games so nothing extraordinary there.

Also injury a big issue as he was basically done after 60 minutes of europa final but was kept on just to take a penalty so will be an issue if England have say two extra time games in the knock outs, can see Southgate doing an Ole and trying to keep him on at all costs.

MU655

What is the point of Lingard coming on? Don't tell me he is considering taking Lingard.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm really worried if we get him and with no improvement in our coaching, Ole will just expect us to suddenly break down teams.
It didn’t work with him on the right today, I honestly think Wan-Bissaka would support him a lot better than Godfrey.

saivet

Is it not possible to play mount and grealish either side of rice?
Mount definitely but I don't think we'd get the best out of Grealish playing him in CM. Much prefer him out on the left.

lsd

The Oracle
What is the point of Lingard coming on? Don't tell me he is considering taking Lingard.

Southgate master class he isn't going but will be asked to play a pointless friendly

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What the feck was that challenge for the pen

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I'm really worried if we get him and with no improvement in our coaching, Ole will just expect us to suddenly break down teams.
He'll be fine for you in end to end counter attacking games given he excels most weeks for Dortmund in those situations.

Feels like he dosen't have enough knowledge to yet in how to impact games against teams who mass defend which is why his England career has been underwhelming so far and continued today.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What an absolute disaster of a defender

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Henderson. :lol:

He missed in the world cup v Colombia aswell so no idea why he thinks he's some don on penalties.

Dobba

Black lad scores a penalty, white lad has his saved. Those poor England fans in the ground don't know what to do.

Ah, Henderson donates a ton of money to charity, so he's probably considered a virtue signaller. Nevermind.