g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

England - Euro 2021 Discussion | FA chairman: Southgate to be offered new contract until Euro 2024

Dobba

It is not bizarre if you take United goggles off. Rashford has been poor and is competing with the likes of Foden, Sterling and possibly Grealish for a place. Would be on the bench for me. Shaw would be fine but Chilwell deserves a place on form.
Sterling, as in the guy who has been dogshit in a team that has walked the league and got a CL final?

TheReligion

Abusive
It is not bizarre if you take United goggles off. Rashford has been poor and is competing with the likes of Foden, Sterling and possibly Grealish for a place. Would be on the bench for me. Shaw would be fine but Chilwell deserves a place on form.
Yeah because of the Champions league final. Ignoring form over the season.

Sterling has been garbage all season?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Sterling, as in the guy who has been dogshit in a team that has walked the league and got a CL final?
That is such bollocks. He has been a little out of form, no more than that. Played really well in a couple of the late league games as well.

But even if you put him on the bench as well there is still Foden, Mount and Grealish who are all in better form and fresher than Rashford.

hubbuh

On form Shaw should be starting. He's been easily the best left back over the season.

sincher

Football fans can be so binary. 'Garbage all season', come off it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Ahh yes he deserves his place over the player in the team of the season... This place sometimes.

sincher

On form Shaw should be starting. He's been easily the best left back over the season.
I would have agreed with you 5 games ago but he has looked a bit overbaked in the last few games. Ok today but today's match doesn't say much.

TheReligion

Abusive
Football fans can be so binary. 'Garbage all season', come off it.
The irony of this given your post was all wrong in the first place.

You're trying to shit on Rashford which is fine as he's not in top form but he was fine today when he got going and he's been better than Sterling who you seem to think should be playing ahead of him.

sincher

The irony of this given your post was all wrong in the first place.

You're trying to shit on Rashford which is fine as he's not in top form but he was fine today when he got going and he's been better than Sterling who you seem to think should be playing ahead of him.
Ridiculous. Not starting Rashford is not 'shitting on him'. His form has been worse than Sterling's in my opinion. I didn't say I would pick Sterling over him anyway, just pointed out the competition for places on the left.

TrustInJanuzaj

Different opinions mate.

Plenty of others would pick Chilwell too. Southgate might, as well.
Which is why we won't win anything. That's the only opinion that counts and Shaw has proven he's by far the better player. Incredible that needs pointing out to a so-called Utd fan after the season he's had.

TrustInJanuzaj

Ridiculous. Not starting Rashford is not 'shitting on him'. His form has been worse than Sterling's in my opinion.
Yet he was the most dangerous attacker in that first half. Are you sure you are watching the same game?

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Which is why we won't win anything. That's the only opinion that counts and Shaw has proven he's by far the better player. Incredible that needs pointing out to a so-called Utd fan after the season he's had.
Dream on. Play the winners. Not the losers.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ridiculous. Not starting Rashford is not 'shitting on him'. His form has been worse than Sterling's in my opinion.
In your opinion is fine but statistics would tell you your wrong as would a functioning set of eyes.

The latter is my opinion obviously.

Ekeke

So my predictions for the tournament -

Progress to semi finals or final before a dissappointing match and we go out or lose the final

Defence (and keeper, Pickford) is undone and leaves a lot to be desired against teams with some decent attacking players

And I bet England would have had more chance of winning the tournament if there had been no fans. Fans are back now, the overhype and expectations will return and the players will crumble under the pressure like always

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ridiculous. Not starting Rashford is not 'shitting on him'. His form has been worse than Sterling's in my opinion. I didn't say I would pick Sterling over him anyway, just pointed out the competition for places on the left.
You did say he was poor though, not just that you wouldn’t start him. You can say it’s not shitting on him and that’s fine, but Sterling has struggled this season and hasn’t had the numbers Rashford has had.

sincher

Shaw isn't better 'by far'. Better over the season, sure, but in my opinion, has looked a bit short of sharpness in the last few games. Marginal call and a position where we are strong. Case even for Saka if we play 3 at the back.

Castia

Henderson thinking he’s Zidane get the feck out. Not played since February what was the shitter thinking?

Mings isnt international level and will probably be England’s downfall. He’s a penalty or red card liability every time I watch him, you can see him being the reason get beat from a mile away.

Positives are Grealish he’s surely going to start and JWP deserves the last spot, he should have been chosen ahead of a RB anyway. We’re short in midfield and Henderson isn’t even match fit JWP is a good squad option.

MU655

I would say, overall, Shaw was better if you took account of the whole season. However, I wouldn't really say there was much between them towards the end. Chillwell was fantastic in the final, and has been on very good form.

Honestly, I don't care which one we play. It isn't really a massive problem area.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Lmfao yeah OK.
Hes a loser. You just said you want England to WIN so you play the players that WIN
What a poor and childish response, you're usually a better poster than this.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Biased much
And he isn't. He literally just said the reason England won win is cause they'd play players like chillwell.
Chilwell who just won the cl just over a week ago. Make sense of that one for me.

Castia

In the latter weeks of the season sure he was off form. Clear as day the reason why though he’s been overplayed and is carrying injuries.

Hes still got a 20 goal season playing off the left wing that’s a very good season overall.

MU655

If we play five at back, I would have both Shaw and Chillwell. Chillwell as LB and Shaw as LCB.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Is De Bruyne a loser as well?
Yeah. Southgate better not play him either.

That's what I'm arguing against.
This notion that its a travesty if Chilwell plays over Shaw is ridiculous.
They are both good players. Even more ridiculous of his claim playing players like Chilwell is the reason England won't win.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So my predictions for the tournament -

Progress to semi finals or final before a dissappointing match and we go out or lose the final

Defence (and keeper, Pickford) is undone and leaves a lot to be desired against teams with some decent attacking players

And I bet England would have had more chance of winning the tournament if there had been no fans. Fans are back now, the overhype and expectations will return and the players will crumble under the pressure like always
To reach Semis- you'd have to beat 2nd placed team from France's group in Ro16, most likely have to beat Spain.

Honestly, I hope England does well, and I do think you can beat Portugal. But I think having looked at Spain the other day, they are technically way too superior to you and your defence is pretty average

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Not really.
England had so many winners at club level over the last few decades. It’s clear that this helped them winning stuff with England as well. Oh wait ...

sincher

In the latter weeks of the season sure he was off form. Clear as day the reason why though he’s been overplayed and is carrying injuries.

Hes still got a 20 goal season playing off the left wing that’s A very good season overall.
1 goal in his last 10 for United, overplayed, carrying an injury, and in poor form. Bench option for me, because he can do things others can't, so could be useful, but should not start over Foden, for example.

Reckon you will find most England fans agree with me.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we play five at back, I would have both Shaw and Chillwell. Chillwell as LB and Shaw as LCB.
Dont think so. It'd mostly be Walker as RCB and Trippier or James as RB

sincher

To reach Semis- you'd have to beat 2nd placed team from France's group in Ro16, most likely have to beat Spain.

Honestly, I hope England does well, and I do think you can beat Portugal. But I think having looked at Spain the other day, they are technically way too superior to you and your defence is pretty average
Not the strongest Spain side though?