England in India 2021

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Is Washington Sundar dead? Why hasn't he been tried yet?

zing

Zingle balls
Strange tactics from England. Reducing their chances of a win.

KM

Ok now this is getting weird. No intent too.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England want a new ish ball tomorrow morning and clearly more of a rest today.

No urgency so that has to be it, they have the runs.

Not saying i agree either

KM

England want a new ish ball tomorrow morning and clearly more of a rest today.

No urgency so that has to be it, they have the runs.

Not saying i agree either
To be honest there was a lot of urgency shown by Pope, Stokes, Root etc
Why would they suddenly change tactics?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
To be honest there was a lot of urgency shown by Pope, Stokes, Root etc
Why would they suddenly change tactics?
Ahead of schedule? My only explanation.
Annoying to watch though.

JohnnyKills

Strange this from England. We've basically stopped the game so Bess can have a net.

Tbf Buttler keeps giving him the strike though, so they're clearly playing to a plan.

Guess they're thinking about the runs/time equation - so the target is too high for England in the time available - and they want to give Archer and Anderson a break. But yeah, it's frustrating!

KM

Ahead of schedule? My only explanation.
Annoying to watch though.
Even if they are ahead of the schedule they could still go for runs. This partnership has almost played ten overs now with most of them bowled by Nadeem, so it's not like they're tiring Bumrah or Ishant.

zing

Zingle balls
4 wickets left - why dont you just put 430 on the board and completely take India out of the game?

TheGame

Strange this from England. We've basically stopped the game so Bess can have a net.

Tbf Buttler keeps giving him the strike though, so they're clearly playing to a plan.

Guess they're thinking about the runs/time equation - so the target is too high for England in the time available - and they want to give Archer and Anderson a break. But yeah, it's frustrating!
Assume that is the case but they should get rest when spinners are bowling alot of the overs so we need to get them in now otherwise will run out of time to get them out.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
There have been some ridiculous run chases in test cricket of late. Including WI this weekend.

Disaster if England lost.

But yeah I'm looking for excuses. Would love to see them declare ASAP.

zing

Zingle balls
Just a reminder that Ashwin bowled more than 20,000 deliveries in Tests before he was first called for a no-ball yesterday. To think how many he (and everyone else!) sent down in Test cricket over the last decade that weren’t being looked for.

What a stat.

zing

Zingle balls
It's good that Archer and Bess are getting some rest from bowling... by batting.

NinjaFletch

It’s timid cricket from England, and must give the Indian batsmen so much heart. You have 410 on the board and you’re effectively saying you don’t think that’s enough to give you a whole day to bowl India out.

Haunted by India’s chase in Australia, I think.

JohnnyKills

It’s timid cricket from England, and must give the Indian batsmen so much heart. You have 410 on the board and you’re effectively saying you don’t think that’s enough to give you a whole day to bowl India out.

Haunted by India’s chase in Australia, I think.
Yep, and the fact that they've got Pant in the team.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
If we weren't going to be bowled out I wonder if we would have batted into tomorrow :lol:

paulscholes18

Does Root really think that India are going to score at 4 an over on a day 5 pitch

zing

Zingle balls
Need to keep Anderson out there for the last hour.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Two wickets before the close and all will be well with the world again.

Balljy

I think England batting late was the right decision as it keeps the ball fresh for tomorrow morning and gives two attempts at the top-end batsmen with a new ball. The only question mark would be the rate of scoring at the end.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think England batting late was the right decision as it keeps the ball fresh for tomorrow morning and gives two attempts at the top-end batsmen with a new ball. The only question mark would be the rate of scoring at the end.
Yep it was the blocking that riled everyone up i think.

prateik

If they get 10 overs in tonight, the ball wont be that fresh. it's wearing out pretty soon.

prateik

Its less about keeping the ball new tomorrow morning and more about not giving India 400 to chase with 110+ overs to play.