g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

England in India 2021

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Our body language is awful.

Did they all have a dodgy lunch or something?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Rohit fecking hell can't even score at home.

AshRK

Chasing 200 plus is itself a challenging task in subcontinent conditions, 400 plus would need a special showing. Not writing India off but both these openers had to stay for today at least.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I've been so unimpressed with their tech. Nowhere near Sky's coverage.

Was really excited about crickeet heading back to C4, but they've done it really poorly.
They had about two days to plan it. Give em a chance.

Old Ma Crow

The coverage is fine by me, I'm just surprised their broadcast isn't available for the final 20 mins of the day.

zing

Zingle balls
Leach is bowling well, but some more consistency would be good.

zing

Zingle balls
The field placements are too defensive, though. The only person in all of India who believes India can still win is Root.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Strange day from England with some slightly muddled thinking. But...

Great day setup for tomorrow and we should win.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Some horrible tactics by England here. They might win this match but they has been horrendous post tea. There was absolutely no need to wait so long whilst constantly blocking.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Washington Sundar should be tried as opener inplace of Rohit. Might as well try Hardik as an extra bowling option. Washington is too good a batsman to not play him

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Chasing 200 plus is itself a challenging task in subcontinent conditions, 400 plus would need a special showing. Not writing India off but both these openers had to stay for today at least.
We chased 387 in 2008 here against England. Although chase is not an option now but if Root had decalared near 350, we would have had a chance to chase it down

JohnnyKills

Hopefully, still have that nervous feeling as always with England, just need to bowl consistently and the wickets will come.
Yeah, it's easy to be critical about the slow scoring by Bess but at the end of the day, this is still the best performance by England in India since 2013. The last time we came to India we were walloped.

I guess the thinking was to ensure that a) the runs-time equation was in our favour and b) to give the bowlers a rest. When Pope was out they probably worried about leaving India with, say, 370 to get in 105 overs, which would have been doable with Pant in the team. As it is, India can't really win now.

Hopefully, as England get more confident, they'll be more aggressive when they get into this kind of situation in future.

Archer looked down on pace at the end there though. Hopefully he's back on it tomorrow.

TheGame

Yeah, it's easy to be critical about the slow scoring by Bess but at the end of the day, this is still the best performance by England in India since 2013. The last time we came to India we were walloped.

I guess the thinking was to ensure that a) the runs-time equation was in our favour and b) to give the bowlers a rest. When Pope was out they probably worried about leaving India with, say, 370 to get in 105 overs, which would have been doable with Pant in the team. As it is, India can't really win now.

Hopefully, as England get more confident, they'll be more aggressive when they get into this kind of situation in future.

Archer looked down on pace at the end there though. Hopefully he's back on it tomorrow.
Definitely, they have played well so far, need one more day of effort to see the game through.

Dan_F

England did the right thing. Had they kept wickets in hand they would have been able to score quicker and really have a go just before or after tea, but they couldn’t afford to give India hope of chasing 350 in 4 sessions.

I’m not convinced England will have enough, especially if they can’t get a couple of wickets in the first session. It will then become quite an energy/morale sapping afternoon.

slyadams

Feels like a draw to me. The pitch isn't misbehaving as much as they thought it would do.

iKnowNothing

No way India win this now. The odds of India batting out the day are also slim. None of the top order batsmen apart from Pujara will apply themselves and people like Pant might tonk a couple, it won’t be enough to save the test. There is only so much Washington and Ashwin can do.

Also, Ashwin has been a total warrior this match. Fielded 2+ days and bowled 50+ overs, batted more than an hour and then turned around to bowl 12 overs on the trot.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pretty ordinary bowling from England this morning but also the big wicket of Pujara.

Need to dry the runs up for a bit of pressure