England in India 2021

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
The third umpire had claimed 'hands below the ball' even before seeing the stump cam. Thanks to the stump cam, we got a clear view. With the other third umpire gaffes in the previous two matches, I can see why there is a clamour for neutral umpires.

Also wtf was the quality of those replays? Capture that in a higher definition and you have better chances of getting a clear view from the other angles.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Soft signal is such a farce in cricket , the umpires who can't see a run out from 2 yards somehow tell us what they thought of a low catch 25 yards away and that is supposed to impact the decision

P.S : This is for all soft signal calls and not about Indian umpires

Wilt

Surprised they didn’t give that as well :lol: ....only missed the stumps by a couple of feet

nuanced

Pant coaxing Kohli to take the review simply because England are already 8 down :lol:

NinjaFletch

I also hate to be joyless, but if England had really been cold blooded here I reckon they should have opposed the return of the crowd.

It's good for cricket that they're back, but there's no doubt it makes it harder for the away side and I'm not sure it's a coincidence they won on the test behind closed doors.

JohnnyKills

No idea why England batsmen haven’t used their feet against the spin.
Yeah this is my frustration too.

We've actually defended pretty well - we've batted 43 overs and counting on a difficult pitch. But we could have been a bit more aggressive and tried to club a few. Might have ended up getting to 170-180 and giving ourselves a chance.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
So annoying just answering questions with questions. Got annoyed by an out that was clearly an out and now seems to be proper triggered. Relax.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I also hate to be joyless, but if England had really been cold blooded here I reckon they should have opposed the return of the crowd.

It's good for cricket that they're back, but there's no doubt it makes it harder for the away side and I'm not sure it's a coincidence they won on the test behind closed doors.
Don't think the lack of crowd had much to do. It was a different pitch and India had Nadeem instead of Axar.

nuanced

No idea why England batsmen haven’t used their feet against the spin.
Gavaskar mentioned that England stayed in the crease at Chennai, and that worked for them because the pitch was slow. This pitch is a bit faster, so harder to make last moment adjustments playing within the crease.

Also think using their feet isn't the first instinct for a lot of the English players having not grown up playing on these sort of pitches.

NinjaFletch

Don't think the lack of crowd had much to do. It was a different pitch and India had Nadeem instead of Axar.
Aye, they clubbed Nadeem that's true, but I don't think this pitch is massively different to the first (a bit quicker, but it's not too difficult to bat on).

We've seen home advantage dissappear in football though, and it's going to be much much easier to forget balls that have beaten you as a batsman if you don't have 50,000 fans screaming and ratcheting up the pressure. It's a huge factor in favour of India.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Aye, they clubbed Nadeem that's true, but I don't think this pitch is massively different to the first (a bit quicker, but it's not too difficult to bat on).

We've seen home advantage dissappear in football though, and it's going to be much much easier to forget balls that have beaten you as a batsman if you don't have 50,000 fans screaming and ratcheting up the pressure. It's a huge factor in favour of India.
I genuinely disagree. The pitch is quite different from the first match. That pitch didn't spin until third day, this one has spun from first day.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
England have shown a masterclass in how not to play spin

paulscholes18

Poor Ben Foakes, gets recalled after 3 years with England 1-0 up now suddenly it looks like 9 players have never played cricket before

JohnnyKills

Again - England should have been more aggressive there.

They battered nearly 50 overs - could have got themselves to 170 and would have at least had something to bowl at. They were going to get out anyway!

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Again - England should have been more aggressive there.

They battered nearly 50 overs - could have got themselves to 170 and would have at least had something to bowl at. They were going to get out anyway!
Bring back Bayliss!

BR7

Frigging terrible batting it’s like watching my own team bat getting all out for just over 100, week in week out. That’s just amateurish batting

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not one of the ball actually turned. Some really soft dismals

Not sure about moaning about decisions. All of them apart from one which got overturned were good decision. They looked out and umpire calls are still out if Umpire thinks so.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If we can bowl India out for about 200-250 then I would say we still have a chance albeit a slim one.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not one of the ball actually turned. Some really soft dismals

Not sure about moaning about decisions. All of them apart from one which got overturned were good decision. They looked out and umpire calls are still out if Umpire thinks so.
Agree.

England were the sole reason why they're currently bowling.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Channel 4 pundits suggesting England are even in this one :lol:
The only factors that are going in our favour is that the game is a day/night match and we wont be batting last, but yeah the chances are pretty slim.