England in India 2021

BR7

It was out so broad is justified in his thinking. I don’t understand this rule and the percentage for error affects everyone. If the ball is even clipping the stumps it should be taken out if the umpires hands and be given out. If that’s applied to everyone then no one can complain about it. Ridiculous

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Wait.. they renamed Motera the Narendra Modi stadium :lol:
What a man .. Adani end too..

Jay Shah going on camera and praising his father and Modi for the stadium..

This is like a bad joke.
Didn't know this :lol:

Guess a Shah mainstand would be next.

prateik

It was out so broad is justified in his thinking. I don’t understand this rule and the percentage for error affects everyone. If the ball is even clipping the stumps it should be taken out if the umpires hands and be given out. If that’s applied to everyone then no one can complain about it. Ridiculous
I think the point is, there is some guesswork with the ball tracking so that margin of error is factored in.
Umpires call for impacts outside off (for LBWs) is idiotic though... there is no guesswork there.

BR7

I think the point is, there is some guesswork with the ball tracking so that margin of error is factored in.
Umpires call for impacts outside off (for LBWs) is idiotic though... there is no guesswork there.
Yes but if every single one is given out regardless if umpires call, then everyone gets the same decisions and we don’t have home umpires having the final say. Ruins the watching for me. Just give every batsman out if the ball is even slightly clipping. The margin for error will be suffered by everyone equally around the test world.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Did Axar bowl well or did England just give their wickets away and he happened to be the one who got lucky?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Did Axar bowl well or did England just give their wickets away and he happened to be the one who got lucky?
Both. We batted far worse than the last test match, and that wasn't great.

YAMS49

It was as conclusive as possible. Showing worse angles wouldnt help.
That's my entire point.. it was as clear as you need it to be to make a decision. No other replay or angle can overrule that..

edit: this is boring. I think it was clear from the replay and I cant see what the issue is. I really have nothing to add to that.
Yet every other nation would show more replays just to emphasize the decision/soft signal being overturned. It's about doing all you can to limit any opportunity for complaint.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
To take the chat away from the bowling a second, can we just appreciate the approach from the Indian openers here. Patient, score when possible, wait for the ball to stop doing before applying pressure.

England batted so badly it is simply unforgivable after the last test.

prateik

Stokes got a warning for using saliva. Runs penalty the next time it happens apparently.

YAMS49

To take the chat away from the bowling a second, can we just appreciate the approach from the Indian openers here. Patient, score when possible, wait for the ball to stop doing before applying pressure.

England batted so badly it is simply unforgivable after the last test.
England are being thoroughly outplayed, undoubtedly. No umpires from any nation can save them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I do feel like we are able to lose the Test match on a first day far more regularly than any other top nations.

When we lose, WE LOSE BIG.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That's a poor shot after doing all the hard work

MDFC Manager

Wait.. they renamed Motera the Narendra Modi stadium :lol:
What a man .. Adani end too..

Jay Shah going on camera and praising his father and Modi for the stadium..

This is like a bad joke.
Most of the country is loving it though.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That looked a little bit sliding down to leg to me - probably umpires call.

Anyway, some hope!

KM

That's why they should have neutral umpires imo.

KM

Nice job that we've quite a deep batting lineup. Need 250 here. Maybe an idea to promote Pant to counter Leach next after Kohli.

zing

Zingle balls
I haven’t seen the article because it’s behind a paywall. But I notice Vaughan has written an article about Archer not loving test cricket. What’s that about?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This partnership probably dictates if India will need to bat once or twice.

KM

Probably send him on PM and edit this post.

Don't post Paywalled stuff on public.

BR7

If India get to 75-4 I think 200 is the most they can hope for. I think kohli will go after it pretty quickly, it’s not an easy wicket to play a test match innings on