England in India 2021

zing

Zingle balls
Yeah, it's all very close. From Root's reaction I'm not sure he thought he hit it either.

Not really sure there's enough there to overturn the umpires decision either.
I think if the third umpire with all the tools at his disposal couldn’t figure out if it hit the bat, the umpire operates with far less information and his on field call is irrelevant in my view. Not out seems okay to me. But I do think it hit the pad first.

Dan_F

What’s the rule on that now, does it have to overturn the soft signal, or is it benefit of the doubt to the batsman still?

NinjaFletch

I think if the third umpire with all the tools at his disposal couldn’t figure out if it hit the bat, the umpire operates with far less information and his on field call is irrelevant in my view. Not out seems okay to me. But I do think it hit the pad first.
That makes sense to me, but I'm not sure its what the procedure currently is.

As long as the third umpire makes consistent decisions I'm not really sure it matters which way they go though.

zing

Zingle balls
Not seen Ben Stokes bat this poorly ever. I haven’t seen many of his sub continental innings. Lacks confidence - not something you’d say about him when batting.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm really conflicted on what to make of these pitches.

I'm sitting on the fence for now.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It would certainly be easier to bowl swing in English conditions than today with the same pitch/ball.
Anyway, who cares. I grew up on English and county cricket so I thoroughly enjoy watching the ball swinging all over the place.

This is great stuff.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This pitch is horrendous. Not fun to watch at all. 24 wickets in four and half sessions. feck off.

Dan_F

No idea why Stokes was so convinced not to review that. Thought there was a pretty good chance it was umpires call at least on leg stump.

At least we have an extra review to use for Anderson or Broad now.

zing

Zingle balls
I'm really conflicted on what to make of these pitches.

I'm sitting on the fence for now.
First test poor, second test ok(but should’ve been better), third test poor is how I’d rate it.

YAMS49

Question for the Indian fans amongst us. Are these pitches at the request of BCCI or are there some preparation gremlins at work here? I imagine they want turning dusty pitches of course but these are clearly to the extreme.

MDFC Manager

Question for the Indian fans amongst us. Are these pitches at the request of BCCI or are there some preparation gremlins at work here? I imagine they want turning dusty pitches of course but these are clearly to the extreme.
Said this, half joking yesterday:
Must do everything to ensure that the first match in Dear Leader's stadium isn't lost. :wenger:

NinjaFletch

That shot of them hammering down the bowlers landing was ridiculous. You might as well go and play down the local park.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The commentators appear to be operating in a different universe.

Barely a mention of the pitch?

prateik

The commentators appear to be operating in a different universe.

Barely a mention of the pitch?
Beautiful stadium.. wow.. what a ground..
They know what's good for them.. deviate from the script and they dont leave Ahmedabad..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Beautiful stadium.. wow.. what a ground..
They know what's good for them.. deviate from the script and they dont leave Ahmedabad..

Beautiful stadium with 110000 capacity with shots from the top of the stadium..

Now repeat that 10000 times. Indian commentators magic.