England in India 2021

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Should increase the amount of innings in this match. Four innings per match.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Pope getting out to a straight ball is because of the pitch? We're in an era of good bowlers, average batsmen and bowler friendly conditions.

NinjaFletch

Don't they get sacked for criticising anything to do with the Indian team ?
Weirdly, in their rush to defend the pitch they've slagged off India's batsmen a lot more than necessary. I think it was Gavaskar who had a long monologue about how players all need to spend more time in domestic cricket facing spin.

YAMS49

Pope getting out to a straight ball is because of the pitch? We're in an era of good bowlers, average batsmen and bowler friendly conditions.
Clearly they are all (both sides) playing for extra turn as the common delivery as apposed to the rarity. Are you new to this sport?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
It's hard to defend this one isnt it.
I was very vocal in defending the Chepauk turner.

This one, I must admit, is ridiculously poor. You can't have it falling apart on Day 2. It's spitting venom, and the worst part is that you can't tell which balls are trouble. The same delivery, pitched in exactly the same manner on the same spot can go skid in low or it can bounce high and go the other way.

Dan_F

I’m sorry it’s not the pitch, England haven’t got a clue.

NinjaFletch

I think I said last match Archer is a number 12. I think I was overstating his abilities. He's more like a number 18 or 19.

Di Maria's angel

Well yes?

All part of a nightmare wicket.
I do wonder how the former greats of the years gone by would cope with this wicket. I cant remember the last time so many wickets fell to a straight ball.

Yes, this pitch is turning but it isnt vicious, the bounce is friendly. This is some of the worst batting I think I've ever seen.

KM

I'm not defending the pitch as it's horrendous but yeh batting has been awful too.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Obviously not all the wickets will be because of the pitch but there must be a reason so many players from both teams have got out lbw . I assume pink ball seam might be playing a part too

zing

Zingle balls
I do wonder how the former greats of the years gone by would cope with this wicket. I cant remember the last time so many wickets fell to a straight ball.

Yes, this pitch is turning but it isnt vicious, the bounce is friendly. This is some of the worst batting I think I've ever seen.
you can’t be seriously thinking they’re getting out to straight balls. They’re playing for vicious spin and the odd one that goes straight is getting them.

KM

you can’t be seriously thinking they’re getting out to straight balls. They’re playing for vicious spin and the odd one that goes straight is getting them.
This.

They're not club cricketers that they'll get out to straight balls ffs.

Some like Ollie Pope do play spin like club cricketers.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
You also have to remember that DRS has completely changed the definition of lbw too , a lot of these wouldn't have been given 20 years back

Di Maria's angel

Are you joking?
You think Axar Patel is the next coming of Shane Warne? Hes 27 years old and has always been a decent cricketer. Hes bamboozled England with intelligent bowling - yes this wicket favours spinners, yes the odd ball does turn. But this is awful batting from two teams that can't play against spin.

We struggle against Moeen in English conditions so I would never use us a reference point on how to play against spin.

prateik

I don't mind bowler friendly pitches.. as long as its not falling apart and some balls dont bounce at all while others jump up.. or its dangerous

The pitch here is fine in that regard. I should be fine with it in theory... but its taken it to such an extreme that it feels wrong.

2 day tests just feel wrong..

Pink ball uncertainty + this pitch's uncertainty is probably too much put together.