England in India 2021

JohnnyKills

Really love watching archer bowl. Brilliant bowler.
He is. And England need to appreciate him. He's bowling the same pace here as he was in the tests - maybe they should work out a way to manage his elbow instead of questioning his commitment?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He is. And England need to appreciate him. He's bowling the same pace here as he was in the tests - maybe they should work out a way to manage his elbow instead of questioning his commitment?
He has not bowled particularly well in Test Cricket since smashing Smith on the head.

Completely different proposition in the shorter formats. One of the best in the world.

Not writing him off Test wise, that would be insane. But it's no guarantee.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That was a far better shot than the one off Jimmy.

You couldn't pay me £1M to do that off Jofra.

JohnnyKills

Brilliant over from Wood. Pant will fancy it if he can get through to face Curran though.

JohnnyKills

He has not bowled particularly well in Test Cricket since smashing Smith on the head.

Completely different proposition in the shorter formats. One of the best in the world.

Not writing him off Test wise, that would be insane. But it's no guarantee.
Can see them giving him surgery after the IPL to try and get him 100% for the India series at home. He's definitely not completely right at the moment, he's 5-10mph down.

NinjaFletch

Bs. You will see. You are.

Our t20 approach is garbage.
I banged on about this during the IPL to the point I bored myself, but it does seem quite conservative in the sense of laying a platform and then exploding.

This looks like a really poor pitch, mind, not sure anyone's timed it well so far.

JohnnyKills

Wood has looked the best bowler so far. Bet the IPL teams are gutted he pulled out of the auction.

JohnnyKills

I banged on about this during the IPL to the point I bored myself, but it does seem quite conservative in the sense of laying a platform and then exploding.

This looks like a really poor pitch, mind, not sure anyone's timed it well so far.
Looks like a rapid pitch to me.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Fantastic bowling and fielding effort from England.

Looks 30 short on par.

mav_9me

Bs. You will see. You are.

Our t20 approach is garbage.
Genuine question. What is our approach and what should we do different? Have been out of cricket till recent aus series. Thanks

JohnnyKills

Probably as good a performance as England could produce that. Conditions suited them too.

India's big problem is the opening batting slots IMO. They seem to fall behind the game a lot in those opening overs and it makes it harder for the guys coming later.

The best thing from England's POV would be for India to produce slow turners for the rest of the series. It will give them some preparation before the T20 WC.

Skills

Snitch

It's just stupid. Doing feck all when the fielding restrictions are in place and putting all the pressure on your lower order to make up extra runs with the field spread out.

It seems like they're rewarding the immensely selfish batting of someone like Rahul by making him the vice captain of the back of that dreadfully IPL season he had.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
India didn't really try to bat slow today though, most of the batsmen got out trying to play shots