England in India 2021

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Just catching up with the play today. Bloody hell, England chasing 330 again - groundhog day.

Will depend on whether India bowl us out or not.

zing

Zingle balls
Actually they are not trade offs , you don't need to slog to be aggressive. Indian openers didn't slog at all today and still got hundred in 14 overs . It's about being on the lookout for bad balls and trying to hit boundaries if you get one . India got 328 because of the collapse but that collapse had nothing to do with aggressive batting , it won't happen everytime and so you will be able to score even bigger . On the other hand in the last match India scored this many despite scoring 125 in the last 10 which is not sustainable
If they weren’t trade offs every batsman in the world would score faster than they already do.

zing

Zingle balls
Interesting to see how the match goes from now with openers back. Parity - and maybe india slightly ahead. I’ll call an Indian win.

Skills

Snitch
Will be interested to see which batsman has used the most reviews over time

SinNombre

England have been incredibly lucky in tosses and yet still they've lost two series.
How can anyone be so unlucky with tosses like manhoos Kohli :lol:

2 tosses won in 11
0 tosses won in 5 in the last series in England

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It might not matter but catch that and the match is nearly over. Terrible drop.

prateik

5 wides already from Natarajan.. in less than 3 overs.. that's nearly an extra over bowled :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
That stokes dismissal sums up the tour for England, lot of really stupid errors in important times

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
English cricket fans are hilarious. So overreactive. Getting bowled out for 150 apparently today :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What a bunch of cnuts :lol:

I don't know why Indian supporters were even worried. It's England, we're famous for clutching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Apart from the first match in ODI there's not been a match where England has bottled the match

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Apart from the first match in ODI there's not been a match where England has bottled the match
Yeh the 'bottling' tag the odd poster has tried to put on England in here is a bit weird.
There's barely been a close match on the whole tour!

One team has steamrolled the other.

AshRK

I like England's style in ODI but it can also be counterproductive. Chasing 330 everytime won't be easy. You are bound to lose your openers and then you are just going to play catch up. I know we all indian supporters have been asking for our batting approach to change and wonder who should be dropped but it is equally important we sort our bowling especially our spinning department in odis.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yeh the 'bottling' tag the odd poster has tried to put on England in here is a bit weird.
There's barely been a close match on the whole tour!

One team has steamrolled the other.
It's not this tour in particular, it's England in general.

On our form in this ODI series, the target set should be well within our capabilities. It's the England supporters lot to expect us to mess this up.

The Test Series is the only thing that matters, to me anyway, but at least we had the opportunity here to take something home.

prateik

England now close to where India were when they lost 4 wickets... and that was a bad position.. Was rescued by great knocks by Pant and Pandya.

England have a long way to go.

mav_9me

Stating the obvious but gavaskar has to retire from commentating. He didn't realize that was a full toss that got Livingston out. It was painful seeing him realize that on the replay.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Thakur gets so many wickets of awful balls and it keeps happening again & again . There is no explanation for this

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I like England's style in ODI but it can also be counterproductive. Chasing 330 everytime won't be easy. You are bound to lose your openers and then you are just going to play catch up. I know we all indian supporters have been asking for our batting approach to change and wonder who should be dropped but it is equally important we sort our bowling especially our spinning department in odis.
Yeah, their one way approach has cost them twice already. Theres been something in this wicket under lights and England haven't adjusted their style. I hope we see some turning wickets in the T20 WC just to make the matches more interesting.

On our openers and top four, we simply don't need four players playing the same way. Nothing wrong with having two or three but we used to have Sehwag ans Sachin who were fearless at the top, and won us the WC.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Oh come on Agarkar was very good with the new ball and was able to bowl good outswing . This is just bizzarre

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I always felt Agarkar was an underrated bowler but what do I know
From what I remember, he started on fire at the beginning of his career - may still be the quickest to 50 ODI wickets. But he was always going for runs whilst bowling wicket taking deliveries and thats what made him a wonderful ODI bowler. In an era where 250 was a good score, he used always go for 5 runs per over, minimum. Thakur is similar in some ways and but hasn't yet produced the numbers.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I will miss this thread even though it's been a horrible tour for England. Saving the wins for important matches I hope