England supporters sustain serious injuries after pub attack by up to 100 German hooligans

TheReligion

Abusive
There's still a strong Ultras scene in Germany, but they don't fight all that much, and I can't remember the last time I heard about fights around a game of the German national team. So I wonder what's behind this.

Aye - been promoting people retroactively lately! No-one's safe from me. @TheReligion better watch out or I'll give him a like, too.
I don’t get likes, just infractions sadly :(

Reactions: moses

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Whataboutism
Not sure it's 100% whataboutism. If German hoolies were indiscriminate abroad like the English hooligans then yes, any wider discussion is a distraction. But maybe there is a reason they targeted England fans. Also this may be the beginning of a wave of German fans being twats abroad, as was suggested earlier but until then it's worth discussing.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England fans haven't caused any large scale disorder at a game in yeeeears but clearly the memories of 80s/90s/early 00s are going to take a long time to shift.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Pathetic behaviour really! Hurting innocent people is a no go… especially if there’s kids who are there. Police best up there game, although it won’t be easy finding them all especially if they had masks on.

Flexdegea

Seen the video.......highlight was when it was kicking off any you couldn't see anything, but the loud chants of green Street ultras shouting "ENGERLLANNNDDDD" was coming thru when the ladz realised a brawl was about to break out

TheReligion

Abusive
Seen the video.......highlight was when it was kicking off any you couldn't see anything, but the loud chants of green Street ultras shouting "ENGERLLANNNDDDD" was coming thru when the ladz realised a brawl was about to break out
Who are The Green Street Ultras?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some very typical English xenophobia in here, not unsurprising in the slightest.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Do you lump that in with the riots in Belgium of euro 2000/ Munich 2001 etc? Let alone Dublin 1995.

I personally don't. Totally different background to it blah blah.

I think the reality is that any violence associated with the football team is under one umbrella. Marseilles in 2016 and Porto in 2019? are just the same as the more right wing organised stuff in the 80's to the uninformed.

Last edited:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think the reality is that any violence associated with the football team is under on umbrella. Marseilles in 2016 and Porto in 2019? are just the same as the more right wing organised stuff in the 80's to the uninformed.
Sure - but my point is it's not the same!

And Marseille 2016 is a bit harsh, that was fat geezers getting chased all around the town by Russian MMA fighters :lol:. Like a large scale version of this kick off last night.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Sure - but my point is it's not the same!

And Marseille 2016 is a bit harsh, that was fat geezers getting chased all around the town by Russian MMA fighters :lol:. Like a large scale version of this kick off last night.
Aye, we both agree if you get into it, it's not the same, but my point is in context of last night being some bizarre misguided retaliation as a few posters hinted at, then the differences as you see it won't be explored and in the narrative the Russian MMA's will be lost as the common denominator will be English fans and English flags.

Even people I know who were at that game in Ireland who saw the banners don't see that as an outlier, they just think that's what happens every time a lairy England fan gets on the news.

Last edited:

Abizzz

I've never heard of German ultras attacking a venue like that. Must be a first.

Abizzz

Hopefully just a one off by a bunch of twats and not part of any wider context.
Hopefully all the CCTV will lead to a lot of convictions otherwise I'm not sure how anyone other than the idiots can put an end to it.

Foxbatt

No chance - in fact it's likely to have the opposite effect

One positive of the World Cup being in Qatar is that it's unlikely any of the trouble makers from various countries will go
Actually shot by the military or the police.

prague_red101

I got there with my 10 y/old son just as it kicked off.
As we walk across the car park I could see a big lump wearing a skull face mask and Union Jack hat, plus around 20-30 other “lads” behind them.

We stopped and moved back to the entrance and then heard an almighty roar. They literally ran in, whacked people and ran off. One German was left behind and got a bit of a kicking.

I didn’t see any weapons, and as mentioned I reckon there was probably 30 of them but very well organised

police were absolutely useless. They arrived when the Germans (apart from one) were already gone. One copper sat in the wagon and wouldn’t get out despite people screaming at him asking for help.
How they missed a big group of blokes, all in black, walking around is anybodies guess. Personally I think they’re the “there was 100 Germans armed with machetes etc” to cover for their own inadequacies.

Once calmed down we went into the beer garden and it was pretty bad. 4 or 5 mainly older men had blood coming from them but we’re conscious.

this morning on the flight back to Prague, there was a group of a dozen Germans with some cuts and One with a black eye. I’d guess that they’re either Dresden or Leipzig (Poss Munich) as both are only a couple of hours from here.

Reactions: Rood

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We need to stop calling these pathetic morons "ultras". It sounds far too cool. We need another word.
Hooligans?

I think Ultras is basically the German word for the more fanatical fans, who are both more likely to create atmosphere in the stadium (singing, banners, flags, etc), and (possibly just a subsection) to be involved in violence.

So yeah, hooligans.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hooligans?

I think Ultras is basically the German word for the more fanatical fans, who are both more likely to create atmosphere in the stadium (singing, banners, flags, etc), and (possibly just a subsection) to be involved in violence.

So yeah, hooligans.
Yet most of the European clubs who have fans called Ultras fear those Ultras. A number seemed have turned it from being very enthusiastic to being a violent, intimidating faction who at times threaten the clubs they supposedly support.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yet most of the European clubs who have fans called Ultras fear those Ultras. A number seemed have turned it from being very enthusiastic to being a violent, intimidating faction who at times threaten the clubs they supposedly support.
Yeah - but I think it makes sense to split off the undesirable element of ultras behaviour (the violence) to not smear their desirable in-game activities with the same brush.