England supporters sustain serious injuries after pub attack by up to 100 German hooligans

TheReligion

Abusive
https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...orters-at-pub-ahead-of-nations-league-fixture

Four arrests have been made after masked Germany 'fans' attacked England supporters at a pub ahead of Monday's Nations League fixture at Wembley, police have confirmed.

Around 100 men approached a pub near the stadium two hours before kick-off and started to assault customers, the Metropolitan Police said.

At least three people have serious injuries and several have suffered blows to the head and face.

A statement read: "At 17:50hrs on Monday, 26 September a group of approximately 100 males, many wearing masks, approached a pub in Dagmar Avenue, Wembley through an alley leading towards the car park.

"While a number of the group were wearing England hats and scarves, it is believed they were German 'fans'.

"The group entered the beer garden of the pub and began assaulting customers, most of whom were in the area to attend the England vs Germany match. Punches and projectiles including traffic cones were thrown.

"Officers responded and the group fled. The disorder lasted for around two minutes.

"A number of people sustained head and facial injuries. We are also aware of three people with serious leg, wrist and thumb injuries. None of those injured are believed to be in a life-threatening condition.

"There have been four arrests so far in relation to the disorder."

Seems to have taken place at the main England pub, The Green Man.

Talksport have run with the above adding;

Meanwhile, eyewitness Luke Robinson told us;

“There’s an entrance at the back of the Green Man and about 50 of them turned up wearing masks and England scarves.
“They stormed in, were hitting anyone and everyone. It was going on for a good five minutes before the police arrived.

“A lot of people were in a bad way. People were on the floor, unconscious, covered in blood. Even kids — one lad no older than 13 had a bleeding nose.

“One guy was with the paramedics and still unconscious when we left.

“It’s the main England pub. I’ve never seen it like that before and I come to every home game. We were there when England played Germany in the Euros and when there was all the trouble around the final, but this is the first time I’ve seen it like it.”

Sounds awful and indiscriminate. I know we have a few posters that go to see England at times, like @Mockney, so I hope no one was caught up in it.

Bondi77

Inappropriate Content
Geez....the Germans must have got lucky finding any English in Wembley these days :lol: :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's a really odd article. Reads like it's based on very little info. The whole thing lasted 7 minutes, it's either feck all or amazing policing.
A 7 minutes scrap is a long time though. :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
It's a really odd article. Reads like it's based on very little info. The whole thing lasted 7 minutes, it's either feck all or amazing policing.
I think 7 minutes or even 5 is quite a long time when you think about it. Looks like the bulk of the article is from the Met statement released this morning and TalkSport have spoken to witnesses and added bits.

Possibly more info to come out later today if they want to identify others?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Who is promoting these characters

Not that I’m aware of and don’t recall any issues during in game at the Euros last summer? This sounds quite well organised and in large numbers so a little unusual.
Well it’s not like we know for sure what he meant but if it was that then he’s got a point no? England fans have been fighting abroad since the dawn of European trips. Was only a matter of time before this happened. So can’t say that im shocked

JPRouve

Scout
Not that I’m aware of and don’t recall any issues during in game at the Euros last summer? This sounds quite well organised and in large numbers so a little unusual.
From what you shared it's actual very usual of ultras. They exist pretty much everywhere in Europe and are organized, very organized. The only strange thing here would be that they did it abroad.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think 7 minutes or even 5 is quite a long time when you think about it. Looks like the bulk of the article is from the Met statement released this morning and TalkSport have spoken to witnesses and added bits.

Possibly more info to come out later today if they want to identify others?
Yeah, seems like very good policing to sort out the threat of 100 hoolies, masked, with intent, in minutes.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well it’s not like we know for sure what he meant but if it was that then he’s got a point no? England fans have been fighting abroad since the dawn of European trips. Was only a matter of time before this happened. So can’t say that im shocked
Ahh right okay. I mean yeah that’s fair but I’m not sure why that’s relevant here given what’s been reported so far.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, seems like very good policing to sort out the threat of 100 hoolies, masked, with intent, in minutes.
If it’s a well organised hooligan element they don’t stick around for the police (I’ve found they don’t enjoy getting hit with a baton).

It reads like they’ve just stormed the pub, attacked match going fans then left.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
It's not a subject that deserves jokes. Honestly.
These behaviours are being normalised again all over Europe, with absolutely no one doing anything about it, the tendency will be to get worse.
A disgrace.

Pickle85

These behaviours are being normalised again all over Europe, with absolutely no one doing anything about it, the tendency will be to get worse.
A disgrace.
In fairness they arrested a bunch of people and broke it up pretty quickly. It’s not like absolutely no one is doing anything.

JPRouve

Scout
A disgrace.
I don't know where these behaviours are being normalized. If anything these behaviours that used to be normal among ultras have been closely monitored, highlighted and sanctioned. There is more coverage on it because the authorities finally decided to do something about it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Saw no issues at a last night.

Seemed to be a good atmosphere in and around the ground, certainly were a lot of Germans in the England ends but all was good natured.

A lot of RAF and war based songs from the England fans after the game though.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’ve seen their magazines and films and it’s typical of the germans to use the back door.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
All this football violence is saddening. Can you imagine going to the game with your friends and family and that happening?

How bad was it back in the day?
When my mother saw it on the news in about '87 she made the connection to my trips to Manchester with my Dad and banned them.

We had a really hairy day in Manchester for a pool game when I was 10. Police dogs and horses all over the place. We couldn't get the train back to Liverpool for the boat.

I was in the Kop soon after with my Dad and 2 United supporting Uncles and I was under strict orders to stfu.

Edit - by soon I mean months. :)

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Only people who’ve never trained martial arts or never been in a real fight thinks 7 mins is a short scrap. It will feel like forever.
Look Bruce Lee, you don't have to be a martial arts expert to say that a 7 minute beating is quite a doing, but obviously nobody is saying that. We all know that if100 masked football hooligans had a 7 minute go at you, then you'd most likely be dead.

But, we have seen football fans take over pubs and sections of towns for hours, and that day's in Manchester I mentioned above started before kick off and had us ducking and diving in a different city, hours later, so it was in that context that dealing with an attack from 100 hooligans was swift.