England Tour of India

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
This pitch has more than enough to make Bumrah a threat. India well in the driving seat still.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Mad DRS on Jadeja. Not sure how that was three reds. Maybe Hartley should have made more of it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Can't not have a soft spot for Sarafaraz after the pics of his Mum and Dad earlier but Jesus you won't get many easier starts to your test career than that.

Four balls from Wood at the end of a spell then Root and Hartley with an old ball on a road - enjoy!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't not have a soft spot for Sarafaraz after the pics of his Mum and Dad earlier but Jesus you won't get many easier starts to your test career than that.

Four balls from Wood at the end of a spell then Root and Hartley with an old ball on a road - enjoy!

Think that's his wife mate :lol:

KM

Jadeja you fecking moron.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Jadeja is a brilliant cricketer but he's behaved bizarrely twice now in this series when he's got to 80 and that run out was a product of it.

KM

Hope Jadeja is fined or something. That was pathetic. one of the most selfish acts on cricket pitch I've seen.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hard to call exactly how flat that deck was. Nipped around early on, a few spun, a few kept low.

You'd assume it's a classic Indian pitch in that it will play flat tomorrow then only get worse. Need to get level with them minimum first innings

zing

Zingle balls
Hard to call exactly how flat that deck was. Nipped around early on, a few spun, a few kept low.

You'd assume it's a classic Indian pitch in that it will play flat tomorrow then only get worse. Need to get level with them minimum first innings
I feel the opposite of the last test here. I’m seeing online media calling it India’s day but to me on a flat wicket it feels England ahead for india to be 5 down.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I feel the opposite of the last test here. I’m seeing online media calling it India’s day but to me on a flat wicket it feels England ahead for india to be 5 down.
Not sure I can find a way to get England ahead yet - but there's still an outside chance India fall just short of 400 which would be seen as under par.

NM

This is what I'm thinking too..

Trequarista10

I won £120 betting on Wood to get 3+ wickets in first innings, was inspired to put some of the winnings on Root to make a first innings century after reading the chat in this thread!

zing

Zingle balls
What did you guys make of Sarfaraz's debut?

I was in office and caught a few overs of it. Looked like it was not representative... some average bowling on a favourable pitc and he took full toll. What was impressive to me was his willingness to go over the top on debut. Too early to judge anything else.

I imagine the conditions in Ranji are often like today - some ok bowling and good batting conditions - and he's used to maximizing that.

zing

Zingle balls
How can 326-5 be England’s day now, come on please
No Axar. Sub 420 is an 'ok' score on a flat pitch. Flat pitches remain good for 3 days, so England too can make runs.

Some of it remains to be seen - India might come out and bowl awesomely. But when the conditions are like this, India usually do not end 320 for 5. More likely to put up 320 for 3 with some real batting to come. Not the case today.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Joe root dripping catches now. He's having a horrid series
It makes total sense that after years of being our own player to ever really turn up in south Asia, he's going to have a shocker as we romp home.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Another amazing start to the day for England. Hope we capitalise this time.

KM

I must be blind but I just don't understand the praise for Rehan Ahmed bowling. The commentators keep on praising him every over and he keeps on bowling two crap balls every over.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hartley has bowled a far more consistent line and length in this test than the previous two. Been impressed.

Anyway this is playing out a bit like the second test. India might end up 50 under a good score for this wicket. But with their bowling line up and the pitch only getting worse, this is probably already enough.