England Tour of India

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I also thought the stuff about Crawley seemed silly but then you see the decision and can clearly see what he is talking about. The image clearly shows the ball not hitting but then says umpires call
Maybe - I think you're better off just ignoring that when you got smashed but he did seem pretty chilled so something over nothing really. There's a small segment of cricket fans desperate to find something about this Bazball vibe to pounce on. Focus on your own team winning!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Maybe - I think you're better off just ignoring that when you got smashed but he did seem pretty chilled so something over nothing really. There's a small segment of cricket fans desperate to find something about this Bazball vibe to pounce on. Focus on your own team winning!
The likes of talkSPORT and wisden etc are very smart now too and know what will get interactions so most of their posts are inflammatory with headlines put to get clicks

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Bumrah rested for next match..expect a first day turner. I think India should look to play Washington Sundar. I think Rahul should be back too.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Bumrah rested for next match..expect a first day turner. I think India should look to play Washington Sundar. I think Rahul should be back too.
Not sure what England will do. Probably Bashir in for Wood, but can Jimmy go back to back too? Might be Robinson in for him.

I think Bairstow will get another test match purely as the back up option is Lawrence.

KM

Not sure what England will do. Probably Bashir in for Wood, but can Jimmy go back to back too? Might be Robinson in for him.

I think Bairstow will get another test match purely as the back up option is Lawrence.
There's no chance that Anderson plays imo, he looked absolutely done in the second innings.

SmallCaine

Not with axar available, axar is a better bowler and batsman. Will give us proper batting until no 10.

SmallCaine

Any chance they rest root? man looks mentally spent and with all the medical treatment i saw of his fingers, not completely fit either.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Any chance they rest root? man looks mentally spent and with all the medical treatment i saw of his fingers, not completely fit either.
Not a chance we'd ever rest Root. He's had plenty of runs like this before.

KM

Not with axar available, axar is a better bowler and batsman. Will give us proper batting until no 10.
I think Sundar is the better batsman but yeah forgot about Axar. Tbf Ashwin also might not play due to his mother's health.

Balljy

I think we need to work out a way for Root to bowl less. He's essentially a front-line bowler as well as an important batter in this series. If his hands are a mess it's not going to help either, never mind the tiredness factor. It's not a surprise that his batting is suffering a bit in hindsight.

TheGame

I think we need to work out a way for Root to bowl less. He's essentially a front-line bowler as well as an important batter in this series. If his hands are a mess it's not going to help either, never mind the tiredness factor. It's not a surprise that his batting is suffering a bit in hindsight.
The only issue with that is that due to his action and speed, he is probably the most effective spinner we have along with Hartley.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't think the bowling is an issue at all people are just over analysing a poor run of form as it's Root. He'll be fine.

SmallCaine

I don't think the bowling is an issue at all people are just over analysing a poor run of form as it's Root. He'll be fine.
Hasn't he bowled like 100 overs this series while the most before was around 60 and there's still 2 tests to go, no way that isn't affecting a guy who isn't used to bowling this much.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hasn't he bowled like 100 overs this series while the most before was around 60 and there's still 2 tests to go, no way that isn't affecting a guy who isn't used to bowling this much.
Personally think it makes feck all difference. Not like he's leading the attack etc. It's just abit of finger spin.

But people may think otherwise and can't tell you you're wrong.

IRN-BRUno

Sounds like Stokes isn't far away from being able to resume bowling, might even be in this series now.

Dan_F

Sounds like Stokes isn't far away from being able to resume bowling, might even be in this series now.
I can already see it. England behind by 300 runs and Stokes is about to start his 12th over of the spell where 95% of the balls have been bouncers.

IRN-BRUno

I can already see it. England behind by 300 runs and Stokes is about to start his 12th over of the spell where 95% of the balls have been bouncers.
:lol:

It was hard enough to stop him bowling when he wasn't captain. Just needs to be sensible, he might be able to get through long spells at the time but longer-term it clearly hasn't helped him.

LDUred

Root and Bairstow have been woeful in this series. You can't carry two top six batsmen and win in India.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The Wisden Cricket podcast is excellent on the England supporter perspective of this series so far. Well worth a listen.

Also touches on the silly interview quotes.

zing

Zingle balls
The Wisden Cricket podcast is excellent on the England supporter perspective of this series so far. Well worth a listen.

Also touches on the silly interview quotes.
I listened to the Sky one. Nasser and Atherton are fantastic as always.

Will give this one a listen - thanks

KM

Rahul is still injured then and out for 4th test.

KM

Patidar will play then I guess.
Yeah this management usually gives 2-3 matches before discarding a player and I think that's fair enough. Hopefully he scores big runs as he can be the next Bradman.

KM

Rumors suggesting that Akashdeep gonna get debut in 4th Test.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yeah this management usually gives 2-3 matches before discarding a player and I think that's fair enough. Hopefully he scores big runs as he can be the next Bradman.
I'm not sure theres much more mileage in this joke seen as one of the debutants averages about 70 in domestic cricket and scored 130 without us getting him out on debut.

KM

I'm not sure theres much more mileage in this joke seen as one of the debutants averages about 70 in domestic cricket and scored 130 without us getting him out on debut.
Not sure where the joke is.

KM

I honestly wish this obsession about creating three format players for India stops. Jadeja, Rahul are both getting extremely injury prone. Both shouldn't be in consideration for t20. Shud be phased out in ODIs too(Nobody cares about them till 2027 atleast now).

zing

Zingle balls
I honestly wish this obsession about creating three format players for India stops. Jadeja, Rahul are both getting extremely injury prone. Both shouldn't be in consideration for t20. Shud be phased out in ODIs too(Nobody cares about them till 2027 atleast now).
Agreed 100%. Seeing people talk about Jaiswal as a three format player already. Were the only country doing this.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Agreed 100%. Seeing people talk about Jaiswal as a three format player already. Were the only country doing this.
Are you? Wood, Stokes, Bairstow, Brooks, Woakes all frequently play all 3 formats internationally and Root has plenty too. Jacks another one that has a little, Duckett could too. You pick the best players if they can handle it, regardless of format.

zing

Zingle balls
Are you? Wood, Stokes, Bairstow, Brooks, Woakes all frequently play all 3 formats internationally and Root has plenty too. Jacks another one that has a little, Duckett could too. You pick the best players if they can handle it, regardless of format.
There’s a big difference between ‘eligible’ and ‘actually plays’. Our players like Virat, Rohit, KL, Jadeja play close to every match and then do a full ipl season.

Wood is on the bench half the time, Stokes didn’t play Odis, Woakes wasn’t even in the first 11 going into ashes and hardly plays away.

KM

Looks like the most spinning pitch of the tour which was expected given there wasn't any Bumrah this time.
Telegraph says they expect Dan Lawrence and Ollie Robinson for two pacers.

No clarity on India's lineup.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Looks like the most spinning pitch of the tour which was expected given there wasn't any Bumrah this time.
Telegraph says they expect Dan Lawrence and Ollie Robinson for two pacers.

No clarity on India's lineup.
If it's a raging turner then Lawrence also becomes an option with the ball. He bowls off his wrong leg, odd bowler (and batsmen TBH).

We really need to win the toss.