England Tour of India

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Think watching the last two sessions England are short of a par score here. Of course they would take this from 112/5 but in India you need to get big runs in the first innings and when you win the toss you have to go 400+

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Think watching the last two sessions England are short of a par score here. Of course they would take this from 112/5 but in India you need to get big runs in the first innings and when you win the toss you have to go 400+
Personally can't read this one. No idea if we are on for 50 above par, par, or 50 below. Pitch played confusingly all day.

I don't really agree with the blanket 400+ first dig in India call. Last tour anything above 250 was fantastic. It's really pitch dependent.

Ole'sattheWheel

Personally can't read this one. No idea if we are on for 50 above par, par, or 50 below. Pitch played confusingly all day.

I don't really agree with the blanket 400+ first dig in India call. Last tour anything above 250 was fantastic. It's really pitch dependent.
The india batters are lethal this series - no Ahmed now for us and I think they will put up a huge score in their first innings.
Decent score but other than that, the only upside for me is that the seam bowlers have had some luck and we have jimmy anderson and ollie robinson in attack

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Slightly worrying the pitch is doing absolutely nothing with the new ball this morning. Robbo smashing it all over. We will need these runs.

SmallCaine

Rohit deserves to be sacked for this lack of preparation, how the feck do you set the exact same fields for Robinson as you do for Root.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Really poor body language from India this morning. The fields can't be helping. New ball ten overs old and there's two sweepers out for Robinson!

SmallCaine

Ofcourse now that the roller's effect is gone the ball has started spinning. India are in trouble here, England already have about 70-80 above what should have been par.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Good to see England respecting test match cricket with a proper 10 & 11.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Awful end to the innings and very poor tactics from Root there. I never understand why teams aren’t better prepared for batting with the tail. Completely senseless to take a 4th ball single there

zing

Zingle balls
Awful end to the innings and very poor tactics from Root there. I never understand why teams aren’t better prepared for batting with the tail. Completely senseless to take a 4th ball single there
Agree with last part. Too often batters react like they're seeing a tailender for the first time

Darkhorsez

Can’t really complain with the loss of last 3 wickets. The knocks from Robinson and Foakes have made up for it! Their partnerships with Root is the difference in the game so far.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
There is a lack of ruthlessness every time they get in a good position.
I'm confused what good position we have allegedly thrown away here?

Losing genuine number 11s for ducks is always liable to happen. Maybe we left what, 10-15 runs out there!?

croadyman

I'm confused what good position we have allegedly thrown away here?

Losing genuine number 11s for ducks is always liable to happen. Maybe we left what, 10-15 runs out there!?
It's the fact Robinson and Root looked comfortable that's frustrating we didn't get nearer 400. Credit for coming back from 112-5 but fell away at end

SmallCaine

It's the fact Robinson and Root looked comfortable that's frustrating we didn't get nearer 400. Credit for coming back from 112-5 but fell away at end
That was mostly the heavy roller, once the effect wore off batting wasn't as easy as they made it look and it will get tougher atleast until the ball loses it's hardness.

SmallCaine

India are going to end up under 50 for 4 if we aren't careful. Gill is a walking wicket vs Anderson and then it's Patidar.

zing

Zingle balls
Jaiswal looks good mostly.

Gill looks a lot better than he usually plays in these kind of passages of play

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I don't think England bowled particularly well there. Robinson doesn't look match fit to me - again..

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think we might have the unfortunate combo of the pitch flattening out and our bowlers being a bit shit here.

Good toss to lose, classic :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
A few deliveries at 120kph from Robinson in that over - that is shite.

SmallCaine

I can already see the end of day stokes comments if Jaiswal scores big here, Replays are wrong, I think they need to being back umpire's call on catches they can't see.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm surprised they haven't given that.

It's not clear cut at all - can see arguments both ways, but they're normally given?

SmallCaine

I'm surprised they haven't given that.

It's not clear cut at all - can see arguments both ways, but they're normally given?
How much more clear cut do you need? The ball clearly bounced before the catch much like for the root one.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
How much more clear cut do you need? The ball clearly bounced before the catch much like for the root one.
My VPN has dropped, I've only seen the first DRS angle...

England team reaction seems strange if it's that obvious - will wait for replays.

SmallCaine

My VPN has dropped, I've only seen the first DRS angle...

England team reaction seems strange if it's that obvious - will wait for replays.
Yeah that was bizzare, once you see the replay couple of times it's clear it bounced just before going into the gloves, no clue why they started celebrating, even the commentator called it not out before the decision was made.