England Tour of India

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whilst Stokes was unlucky, the general principle of playing on front foot on these pitches is the right approach.

gajender

Yeah that's why they won't fear chasing on here
I am from India and trust me Our team wouldn't like to chase anything on a crumbling pitch if they can help it .

India need to keep England to as low total as possible and need to ensure they don't have to bat again .

croadyman

I am from India and trust me Our team wouldn't like to chase anything on a crumbling pitch if they can help it .

India need to keep England to as low total as possible and need to ensure they don't have to bat again .
Our spinners aren't much threat though

Darkhorsez

Without wishing to tempt fate. I have been really impressed by Foakes’ batting whenever I‘ve seen him in action.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Without wishing to tempt fate. I have been really impressed by Foakes’ batting whenever I‘ve seen him in action.
He's ok. Struggles to rotate strike. I don't think he will be our first choice keeper in 12 months personally. We have a few top kids coming through.

Darkhorsez

He's ok. Struggles to rotate strike. I don't think he will be our first choice keeper in 12 months personally. We have a few top kids coming through.
Fair enough. I just don’t get the sense that he gives his wicket away easy and gets into decent partnerships when we are under pressure.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Fair enough. I just don’t get the sense that he gives his wicket away easy and gets into decent partnerships when we are under pressure.
He's been a very solid squad player to have over the years. And as a keeper one of the best we've had.

Darkhorsez

Looking at the replays of Stokes dismissal side on, just wow! That ball died so quick - i really don’t think anyone would got to that ball.

KM

Seems Stokes was quite unlucky cos after that not a single ball has behaved like that after lunch.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Seems Stokes was quite unlucky cos after that not a single ball has behaved like that after lunch.
Might have been the classic juicy opening session.

You'd think when the pitch deteriorates it will go fast though, I still think it will be a three day game just the initial panic after that Stokes ball can die down now....

This partnership feels huge in the context of the whole match.

SmallCaine

Little to no turn in the second session, batsmen looking at ease. India needs Ashwin finally show up here or we are in trouble.

KM

What a contrast from first session. Weird stuff.
Looks completely easy pitch now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This is a big moment in the day. Ashwin back on.

Last edited:

Darkhorsez

It’s 3 am where live. been staying up to see Rooty doing his magic. What a player after such a poor series by his standards.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Looking like a new hard ball pitch isn't it.

Get up and above 250 and we should have a game on.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Looking like a new hard ball pitch isn't it.

Get up and above 250 and we should have a game on.
Just as I write that Ashwin hits one of those cracks and misses Foakes off stump by a whisker, then the next ball jumps off a length...

SmallCaine

Very poor captaincy from Rohit again, no attempt at putting pressure on foakes with men round the bat.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Foakes is so unfussy as a batsmen, i saw him get a 100 vs SA at OT a couple of years ago and whilst unspectacular just a very handy batter
Good partnership but not match defining sadly. Needed more from him there.

Dan_F

Feels like Root should up the tempo with the new ball coming but still four wickets left. Never mind, maybe Hartley will do that!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Feels like Root should up the tempo with the new ball coming but still four wickets left. Never mind, maybe Hartley will do that!
Nah I reckon every run is vital here. Just tick it over and let the tailenders biff it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
250 up. Did not expect that at lunch.

Another 25 and England will be chuffed, if they're not already.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
250 up. Did not expect that at lunch.

Another 25 and England will be chuffed, if they're not already.
Likely only par rather than over it but so hard to tell when the bowling attacks are so non comparable. Although no Bumrah has evened that up a tad.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Likely only par rather than over it but so hard to tell when the bowling attacks are so non comparable. Although no Bumrah has evened that up a tad.
Totally depends on what England can do with the new ball. Although I don't think Root's innings here should be underestimated, regardless of whether he makes 100 or not.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Totally depends on what England can do with the new ball. Although I don't think Root's innings here should be underestimated, regardless of whether he makes 100 or not.
He's as close to a guarantee of a top knock in a series as any cricketer ever. Can't believe a few question him occasionally (not the shot, that was bad!).

zing

Zingle balls
I think the English score is well under par. I expect India to bat a lot better.

Dan_F

Should get a better read on things when India get the new ball. Did we make hard work of it this morning or is the new ball going to be key.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
He's as close to a guarantee of a top knock in a series as any cricketer ever. Can't believe a few question him occasionally (not the shot, that was bad!).
Genuinely world class. I do think think letting him play his natural game around the bazballers is the way to go. He's the lynchpin for the top order.

JohnnyKills

Genuinely world class. I do think think letting him play his natural game around the bazballers is the way to go. He's the lynchpin for the top order.
Agree. He doesn't ned to force the pace; everyone else is doing that for him.

It's easy to say there's no Bumrah here, but hopefully he's getting himself back into form for when Bumrah comes back.