England Tour of India

Widow

Nope no one is making that argument here. It’s just he gave himself a great platform to turn a 76 into a big score and got out in a silly way when he should have played with a bit more sense.
100% this

He was playing well and he should have read the situation better. Play sensible and allow Pope to get in.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
100% this

He was playing well and he should have read the situation better. Play sensible and allow Pope to get in.
Pope was on 22 off 45 balls. He was in.

They had put on 50+

Trequarista10

Feels like we haven't had an innings changing Bairstow-Stokes partnership since the debut Bazball summer. Unless I'm forgetting one? Would be timely right now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I thought you where leaving me to it? :lol:

Anyway, it's not going to matter when Stokes hits 290 and JB 150 in one of the best partnerships ever to play in India
Yeah but you made a new point I disagreed with :lol:.

LDUred

His longevity is incredible. He looks fitter now than he did during the Ashes last summer too.
It's weird. Jimmy averages nearly 36 against Australia. He's always bowled better at subcontinental teams and the Windies.

LDUred

Root always looks like he's getting out to Bumrah, as he does to Cummins. Keeps fishing outside his off stump.

zing

Zingle balls
A couple of wickets here would put us well ahead.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Bumrah is insane. Not the most fluid action to watch but his control is masterful. Do England have another 150 in them to make them feel well in the game?

zing

Zingle balls
They keep saying 'fantastic bowling' but that was a regulation delivery and just a terrible shot.
Particularly true of the wicket just now. Kuldeep has barely spun it all innings. Foakes played for dramatic turn that hasn’t been seen for two days. Poor shot.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Stokes 150 with the tail required. Cmon mate you don't find it that difficult let's have another.

Balljy

We need at least a century from Stokes here, and with batting last I think in reality we need to be within 50 of the India total to make any sort of game of it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Maybe we are looking to follow on so India bat last.

England Favs.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
As much as I trust the approach of this England side, and am happy to back them even if they do suffer defeats in part due to their approach, I think there are genuine questions marks still around Bairstow - especially if he isn't keeping. I'd have Brook in ahead of him now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
As much as I trust the approach of this England side, and am happy to back them even if they do suffer defeats in part due to their approach, I think there are genuine questions marks still around Bairstow - especially if he isn't keeping. I'd have Brook in ahead of him now.
That's not an option currently. Who knows when it will change.

LDUred

England need something near miraculous now.

Bumrah has been the difference.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Bumrah destroying England's middle order, and they've looked nowhere near up to the task.

MDFC Manager

England in big trouble now. They'll need to be exceptional in both the remaining innings.

LDUred

Some of these from Kuldeep are keeping really low. If only England were just giving away a 90-100 run lead, they would be still in with a shout.

Crawley scored more and played better than anyone in this innings but he threw his wicket in the bin when England were on top.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

Nope no one is making that argument here. It’s just he gave himself a great platform to turn a 76 into a big score and got out in a silly way when he should have played with a bit more sense.
How did he get to 76?

Didn't see it so its a genuine question. Seeing crawley play quite a bit I'd wager a bet it was playing the type of shot he got out to.

Were you and @Widow criticising him the whole way through the innings?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
England in big trouble now. They'll need to be exceptional in both the remaining innings.
I’d say it’s game over for England now given they’re batting last. Can’t seem them chasing above 300 and India wont be skittled out.

World class performances from Bumrah and Jaiswal.

zing

Zingle balls
I’d say it’s game over for England now given they’re batting last. Can’t seem them chasing above 300 and India wont be skittled out.

World class performances from Bumrah and Jaiswal.
I can see England chasing 300, but I think India will set 420+.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Particularly true of the wicket just now. Kuldeep has barely spun it all innings. Foakes played for dramatic turn that hasn’t been seen for two days. Poor shot.
I think this is harsh, the drift on the ball was what did him, it drifted more than it span. Excellent bowling for me even if a better batter probably keeps it out.

prateik

This is still Day 2.. India wont declare.. get as many as possible.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I’ve been impressed how England have stuck around with a rookie spin attack but I’m disappointed at the experienced middle order. Bairstow and Root have been given good platforms to come in on and they haven’t produced. I know we’re only 3 innings deep into the series but they need to step it up!