England Tour of India

SmallCaine

India have played very well in this test match?
No they have not, individual talent has put india in ascendancy, as a team we haven't done well. Jaiswal and gill with bat and bumrah with the ball, the team as a whole has been poor. I don't get what the point of mukesh is, the spinners haven't bowled well for most part and don't even get me started on the 2 dunder heads incharge of the team and their tactics and approach.

Only place we have done well as a team for most part is the fielding and even there bharat has put in a disasterclass with missed stumpings, dropped catch I think and bunch of byes.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
No they have not, individual talent has put india in ascendancy, as a team we haven't done well. Jaiswal and gill with bat and bumrah with the ball, the team as a whole has been poor. I don't get what the point of mukesh is, the spinners haven't bowled well for most part and don't even get me started on the 2 dunder heads incharge of the team and their tactics and approach.
totally agree. i don’t think you can ever say it’s a good team performance unless the top seven all score centuries and each of the bowlers get a five-fer in the first half of the test match.

SmallCaine

totally agree. i don’t think you can ever say it’s a good team performance unless the top seven all score centuries and each of the bowlers get a five-fer in the first half of the test match.
Ah yes nothing says team effort like 1 guy scoring half your runs in both innings and 1 bowler not only picking 6 put of 10 wickets but also being the only bowler who is bowling at economy of 2.8 while the rest together go at 5.2 runs per over.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ah yes nothing says team effort like 1 guy scoring more than half your runs in both innings and 1 bowler not only picking 6 put of 10 wickets but also being the only bowler who is bowling at economy of 2.8 while the rest together go at 5.2 runs per over.
Were England shit in the first Test? We only won cos Pope got a biggie and Hartley took seven.

AshRK

England should fancy anything under 400. The pitch is semi decent to bat on. As for India they should try to get the lead past 450 and totally kill the game.

With this england you never know, either they will be bundled out under 200 or will go crazy and score 400 with Bairstow's masterclass.

SmallCaine

Were England shit in the first Test? We only won cos Pope got a biggie and Hartley took seven.
To me they were, great win for England but the english pundits I felt have gone overboard with it post game, Atherton calling England favorites has to be some homer level bs, no offense but pope has failed to cross 30's in 9 of his 10 innings in India, it's not exactly a run of the mill expected innings that got you the win and even then it was just 20 runs.

Hartley is an interesting case, one thing I have observed is anyone who does brilliantly vs india on debut in India ends up being frustrated by the end of the series, just look at what happened to likes Murphy or kuhnemann or O'Keefe after their brilliant games, so let's see how he goes rest of the series.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Are we in this or have no chance?

I've got absolutely no idea thanks to this new era.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

i think if in the second innings we bat in such a way that we reach the total required with wickets in hand, i can’t see us losing. however, if india manage to take ten of our wickets before we reach the allotted total, then it’s going to take a miracle to win.

i think this england could chase it down if they get off to a flier and avoid losing wickets in clusters. they score quickly enough that the required runs fly down and that builds pressure. can’t see anything other than an enterprising 200 run loss though.

SmallCaine

And just like we have made what should have been an easy win unnecessarily complicated. Exactly what happens when you pick a bunch of passengers who add nothing to the team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not seen a weaker batting line-up at home for us.

CallyRed

i think if in the second innings we bat in such a way that we reach the total required with wickets in hand, i can’t see us losing. however, if india manage to take ten of our wickets before we reach the allotted total, then it’s going to take a miracle to win.

i think this england could chase it down if they get off to a flier and avoid losing wickets in clusters. they score quickly enough that the required runs fly down and that builds pressure. can’t see anything other than an enterprising 200 run loss though.
If Michael Owen commented on Cricket

AshRK

I was not even a fan of Saha but the bloke could do much better with the bat and gloves than this fool, Bharat.

zing

Zingle balls

England are well in it imo.

Another 30 would make India 70-30 favs.

The pitch is not supporting spin (yet)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Weird spreading the field for Ashwin.

MDFC Manager

400 chase is never easy, happens very very rarely. But the way you guys play, there's a decent chance to do the unlikely!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Personally, I think this is always the correct answer.
you clearly haven’t hear of the new “the xi” format i have developed. the batsmen from the batting side face one ball each. each 11 of the bowling side have to bowl 1 delivery each. the batsmen submit their batting line up 15 minutes before the scheduled start, the bowling team then need to allocate which bowler will deliver to which batsmen. there are 11 innings. team with the most runs wins. a wicket is worth -11 runs. big 6s are now worth 11. the xi.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
If we lose two tonight looks like Rehan is lined up to come in at 4 to cover Root who has a knock.

TheGame

To me they were, great win for England but the english pundits I felt have gone overboard with it post game, Atherton calling England favorites has to be some homer level bs, no offense but pope has failed to cross 30's in 9 of his 10 innings in India, it's not exactly a run of the mill expected innings that got you the win and even then it was just 20 runs.

Hartley is an interesting case, one thing I have observed is anyone who does brilliantly vs india on debut in India ends up being frustrated by the end of the series, just look at what happened to likes Murphy or kuhnemann or O'Keefe after their brilliant games, so let's see how he goes rest of the series.
Atherton didn’t call England favourites at all. He just said they would be disappointed if they didn’t win the series from that point. It’s a silly thing to say after 1 test but he was just referring to England having to take advantage of the situation they were in.

prateik

This'll be hilarious if England chase this down.. I hope they do..

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
forgone conclusion. i think the only unknown is if there’s enough time left in the day for them to chase it down by stumps.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not a chance. But the fact that people are even contemplating it may happen is a testament to England under Stokes/McCullum.

zing

Zingle balls
Crawley’s mentality is something else. Legit a titan of batting temperament in his own way.

pacifictheme

He barely averages 30. Pipe down Rob Key.
Yeah and him and his coach have said they don't care about his average, his job is to set the tone of the innings. As long as he is doing that they are happy with him.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Considering how contentious it’s been in recent years in India, big credit to the pitches and those who have prepared them so far, enough in them for good batting and good bowling to be rewarded.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Considering how contentious it’s been in recent years in India, big credit to the pitches and those who have prepared them so far, enough in them for good batting and good bowling to be rewarded.
Definetly contributing to a good series so far.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Shubman Gill saying it's a 70-30 game is a pretty good insight into the effect this England team has on the opposition.

In normal circumstances India would be thinking they will stroll this.