England Tour of India

Trequarista10

33-3

Amazing start for England after losing the toss, with an inexperienced middle order and quite a long tail to come!

India must be nervous!?

SmallCaine

We are fecking terrible, nothing in the pitch and these jokers find themselves 33-3. Wonder how bad it gets once likes of kohli, Rohit, and the spin duo retire, nothing but ipl primadonnas out there.

zing

Zingle balls
You lot are miserable feckers

I am backing us here still.

croadyman

You lot are miserable feckers

I am backing us here still.
You should because very often England get heavily punished for dropped catches. I am trying to use a bit of reverse psychology in the hope of it working

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Might be laughed off later when England bat but this doesn't look flat at all

gajender

You should because very often England get heavily punished for dropped catches. I am trying to use a bit of reverse psychology in the hope of it working
Nah that's not true it's just the perception because you only remember the dropped chances if they cost your team .

KM

bit of overreaction to that drop. England still in commanding position.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Good first session for England. Rohit runs were inevitable at some point.

Not managed to watch yet so can't make any comment on the pitch.

KM

Can you be in a commanding position at 90-3 after the first session of a test match :lol:
you can if the next two batsman have a grand total of zero tests experience and then there's ashwin after that.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
you can if the next two batsman have a grand total of zero tests experience and then there's ashwin after that.
Test experience counts for plenty but these are lads with fantastic first class records coming through the most intense Cricket age groups in the world - it's not exactly Hartley and Bashir.

KM

Test experience counts for plenty but these are lads with fantastic first class records coming through the most intense Cricket age groups in the world - it's not exactly Hartley and Bashir.

Tom Hartley has played more FC matches then Jurel, I'm not sure what experience you are talking about.

zing

Zingle balls
I’m very curious to see Jurel play because india have not handed out a test cap so easily in the time I’ve watched cricket. The players usually have lots of Ranji runs or fast tracked through age group cricket into other formats(odi/t20) and punted upon. Jurel has no credentials along those lines. I remember for Royals last season he hit a cracking on drive six and I thought this guy looks a player, and I am looking forward to seeing how he goes.

prateik

Pitch looks pretty flat now.. the top order just couldnt get through the first hour.

At least it probably wont be an innings defeat now :D

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
When are we allowed to swap over with the Indian lads and claim we are going to get battered? Another 50 runs I reckon.

On a more serious note we have struggled to take first innings wickets all series. India have been on for 450+ pretty much everytime at some point. Might make it pay today with these two in.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
When are we allowed to swap over with the Indian lads and claim we are going to get battered? Another 50 runs I reckon.

On a more serious note we have struggled to take first innings wickets all series. India have been on for 450+ pretty much everytime at some point. Might make it pay today with these two in.
Not until the Indian 1st innings is continuing on Day 3.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
@SmallCaine will be here to tell you even then that this generation throw their wicket away because of tiktok and the iphone
Not too hard to fathom - India get bowled out in the first 30 min of Day 3 scoring around 630 odd runs. England bazball the shit out of Indian bowlers till day 5 lunch, scoring 800 runs leaving India 2 sessions to survive and we collectively shit the bed and are bowled out before the end of the day's play.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This has a real 310-3 at close vibe now, nice to see the standard desperation review thrown in.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Great partnership.

Hope the series doesn't turn into a "win the toss, win the test" contest. Never a good look.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Great partnership.

Hope the series doesn't turn into a "win the toss, win the test" contest. Never a good look.
Had a similiar-ish thought. You do wonder with the limitations to our bowling options how we win a test without batting first.

KM

Well bowled by Mark Wood.
class innings by Rohit too.

KM

I’m very curious to see Jurel play because india have not handed out a test cap so easily in the time I’ve watched cricket. The players usually have lots of Ranji runs or fast tracked through age group cricket into other formats(odi/t20) and punted upon. Jurel has no credentials along those lines. I remember for Royals last season he hit a cracking on drive six and I thought this guy looks a player, and I am looking forward to seeing how he goes.
Yeah it's a very strange call up. Maybe they saw something in nets or something.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Huge moment in the test match now with India's inexperienced middle order in. If we can knock a few over here...

Dan_F

Who is going to be the first to come in here and criticise Rohit?