England Tour of India

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Have to say I've no idea how England are just 3 down. We've created chances in nearly every two overs. Kuldeep has bowled beautifully.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Have to say I've no idea how England are just 3 down. We've created chances in nearly every two overs. Kuldeep has bowled beautifully.
They’ve lost 2 more wickets in the 8 mins since you typed that.

SmallCaine

Big wicket this, I expected a small collapse once crawley was gone but root is a big bonus, we need to capitalize here and wrap this up under 250.

prateik

I could spot that googly on my screen.. How did Stokes miss that? that was one of the more obvious ones.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Root,Bairstow and Stokes are the reason this series isn’t close now. Multiple Indian tours between them and they have 2 scores of 50+ in 27 innings

KM

They’ve lost 2 more wickets in the 8 mins since you typed that.
Might sound like jinxing it really wasn't. Kuldeep was making a chance per over almost. Bumrah's first spell was ridiculous too.

zing

Zingle balls
I caught the first 15 overs. It seamed/swung but it looked like it'll settle and was playing day 1 like for the spinners.. England have made a meal of this

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Every England innings has been the same since the first test. No answer for Bumrah and Yadav. At 120-2 I was thinking, England need 400+ here and then I was like ‘can you really imagine them scoring >400 against this bowling attack?’. Obviously England have had good angles all series but the long and short of it, they can’t do anything significant enough against this bowling attack. A good session here and there but that’s it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not sure how this is evidence of the England side that's developed over the tour Stokes was talking about. Bar Crawley, this is abysmal.

KM

Stokes has an awful record batting wise in Asia. Average of 28 in 25 tests.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Yep, just a flat out skill deficit. That middle order needs a little rejig.
I think when you have such a long tour and continuous failures for some batters then you need to try something else rather than just put your head in the sand and do the same thing again. Bairstow 100th test got in the way imo because Lawrence should have got this game atleast

Dan_F

Probably best to see how India start before declaring the match over on day 1.

zing

Zingle balls
I think when you have such a long tour and continuous failures for some batters then you need to try something else rather than just put your head in the sand and do the same thing again. Bairstow 100th test got in the way imo because Lawrence should have got this game atleast
It's pretty strange how Stokes keeps saying "We won't change anything". I understand his "back the players" perspective but there has to be more nuance than that. He sounds dumb talking like that frankly

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
This series showed so much promise after the first 2 Tests, a great advert for Test cricket. It's really turned to shit.
I think that’s unfair. The only side I’ve seen being as competitive in India as England have been this series the past decade were Australia last winter. Realistically, considering the spinners England have, this is probably the best we could have hoped for overthere. India have been made to work hard for their victories and that in itself is a victory for England. Anyhow, this game isn’t done either yet. We won’t know how things stand until India bat, but it seems to me a tough wicket to bat on.

NM

This series showed so much promise after the first 2 Tests, a great advert for Test cricket. It's really turned to shit.
Nahh its been good test cricket with India winning the key moments. Somebody said it was very similar to the India tour of England a few years ago where one of the Curran cnuts won you'll the tour and it looked lopsided but was close.

England have been able to compete for a day or two. Then one of our players has done something special.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It's pretty strange how Stokes keeps saying "We won't change anything". I understand his "back the players" perspective but there has to be more nuance than that. He sounds dumb talking like that frankly
I think there is a delicate balance between backing your players and having a clique like environment. Stokes & Baz have done a good job of giving full backing to most of the players but at a time when players are having to pick between franchise & test cricket you can’t have so much of a barrier for players to get a chance. It’s a dead rubber and Lawrence & Atkinson have been in India for 2 months so to not play them is wrong imo. But this is generally how most teams play though, India for example also wouldn’t give anyone a chance and kept playing the same guys again & again

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
That was pretty woeful from England. Should they have tinkered with the line up given it was a dead rubber? A good opportunity for Lawrence for example.

But hey ho Bazball or summat.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
That was pretty woeful from England. Should they have tinkered with the line up given it was a dead rubber? A good opportunity for Lawrence for example.

But hey ho Bazball or summat.
What's it got to do with Bazball :lol:

No real point changing the line up when Lawrence is the only batting option. Stokes isn't going to be dropped and it was Jonny's 100th test knowing he'll likely be dropped for Brook in the summer.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm back on English time zones so only seen the last hour - we look a good 200 under par this time. Long way to go but it has an innings defeat vibe already.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nobody does a collapse like an England middle order.
Certainly a theme of this tour. Although worth noting Duckett and Pope have both played one amazing knock then barely scored another run.

We've just been outclassed over the series as it's gone on.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hilarious reaction to Hartley being second choice spinner for Lancs from the Indian comms.

Nathan Lyon will be lucky to get a game in England in April lads let alone playing two spinners ffs :lol:

Dan_F

England have always had problems batting in India, add in the fact that the team is unbalanced and some players haven’t shown any sort of form, I’m not sure how much of this can really be put on the approach or mindset. Don’t forget how this team was performing before Stokes took over.

For example, I never in my life had Duckett down as a test opener. We’ve got two spinners who will struggle to get overs in county cricket this summer going up against fecking Jadeja and Ashwin…in India :lol:

Brooks will come in and hopefully Stokes can get back to being a genuine all rounder to balance the team better.

ChrisNelson

This is a seriously weak surrender from England considering how well the tour started.

Very disappointing but hey ho, it's India away and even winning a single Test is a good achievement!

KM

This is a seriously weak surrender from England considering how well the tour started.

Very disappointing but hey ho, it's India away and even winning a single Test is a good achievement!
They did that last time too under silverwood and that was a dominant performance