England Tour of India

zing

Zingle balls
Kuldeep's had an excellent series, and is perhaps the replacement for when Jadeja/Ashwin are out

I like Sai Kishore of TN as well - I think he's a very good bowler

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Surprised to see Root bowl so little today. Is there any issue with him or is it a tactical decision?
He's been pretty shite outside of that opening test, why would we bowl him if the other bowlers are fit and firing?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good on England to collapse today to give the likes of Jaiswal and Sarafaraz to play Ranji final for Mumbai tomorrow.

SmallCaine

Good on England to collapse today to give the likes of Jaiswal and Sarafaraz to play Ranji final for Mumbai tomorrow.
Not to mention 2 free days of sight seeing for the english guys, ben stokes truly cares about everything but winning.

gajender

Not to mention 2 free days of sight seeing for the english guys, ben stokes truly cares about everything but winning.
I don't believe Ben Stokes doesn't care about winning but English simply doesn't have the talent to match up against the best teams unless opposition also gets swept in Bazball hype and forgets to do basics .

As the series have progressed Indians simply have trusted themselves and imposed their will against the opponents who simply are nothing but average if you take a peek beyond their positive veneer .

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
My feeling before the series was that India will win 5-0 because they will win the first 3 and then by the end of the tour England would just be wishing for it to be over. That is kind of how it has played out apart from the first game. Long tours are tough when you are an inferior team. What’s disappointing is that this is where they needed to give some of the bench guys a chance and freshen up things a bit but they decided to stick with what they have

KM

I hope these pitches are the barometer of future home series. It's frustrating to have horrible pitches which gives feck all opposition spinners to have a chance.

On these flat decks the skill deficit comes into play.

SmallCaine

I don't believe Ben Stokes doesn't care about winning but English simply doesn't have the talent to match up against the best teams unless opposition also gets swept in Bazball hype and forgets to do basics .

As the series have progressed Indians simply have trusted themselves and imposed their will against the opponents who simply are nothing but average if you take a peek beyond their positive veneer .
Are they good enough to beat india in India, absolutely not but the amount of excuses being made of stokes and Mccullum is plain stupid, people clowned on poor root last series for not doing well but apparently the exact similar situations are something to be proud of because the media and pundits said so especially considering the sort of pitches root had to deal with and ones stokes got.

Just look at the results, they are going to lose 1 game by an innings, they are got destroyed in another, lost a game on close margins because of their batting collapse in the 2nd innings even though the score card will show a pretty easy win for india, the only difference I see is root's side won a much more convincing win and he doesn't have a good enough pr game.

That side was full strength for india, this one has a lot missing players and unlike the last series the english media doesn't seem to eager to pick this team apart, I remember root getting destroyed for picking pacers in Ahmedabad but no one has said a word about the amount of rope given to likes of bairstow who have never performed well here or why wood keeps being picked while being absolute shit in India or the fact that England's best spinner in county was not even picked for the series. No way root would have gotten away with the bs stokes and Mccullum are allowed to get away with.

TheGame

Are they good enough to beat india in India, absolutely not but the amount of excuses being made of stokes and Mccullum is plain stupid, people clowned on poor root last series for not doing well but apparently the exact similar situations are something to be proud of because the media and pundits said so especially considering the sort of pitches root had to deal with and ones stokes got.

Just look at the results, they are going to lose 1 game by an innings, they are got destroyed in another, lost a game on close margins because of their batting collapse in the 2nd innings even though the score card will show a pretty easy win for india, the only difference I see is root's side won a much more convincing win and he doesn't have a good enough pr game.

That side was full strength for india, this one has a lot missing players and unlike the last series the english media doesn't seem to eager to pick this team apart, I remember root getting destroyed for picking pacers in Ahmedabad but no one has said a word about the amount of rope given to likes of bairstow who have never performed well here or why wood keeps being picked while being absolute shit in India or the fact that England's best spinner in county was not even picked for the series. No way root would have gotten away with the bs stokes and Mccullum are allowed to get away with.
Im not sure what you are following but if you follow pundits like Nasser Hussain, Mike Atherton, and Jonathan Agnew, there has been plenty of criticism directed towards England and their performances.

With regard to Bairstow, it’s likely Brook will take his place in the summer. The England spinners aren’t as good as the Indian ones and that has been a big factor. Should Liam Dawson have been in the squad, yes I think so. However England’s batting has been poor bar the one good innings by a batsmen and that ability to play quality spin has also been a great factor.

This is the first series loss under Stokes and McCullum so a lot will now depend on Englands form going forward. In context, India haven’t lost a home series since 2012 so they are formidable at home. Should England have taken advantage when being on top, yes but they paid the price for that. Ultimately this will be a good learning experience for the youngsters however there is still positively going forward with some players to come back into the team and some good performances for the Lions.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Also this idea of the weakened Indian team is very misplaced imo, it has to be put in relative strength overall. This bowling attack is one of the best attacks I have ever seen. In these conditions it’s just very hard to do well against this attack. The Jadeja injury turned out to be good for India because it allowed Kuldeep a game and he turned this series around.

KM

I partially agree with you.

Whether people agree here or not but the likes of Rahul and Kohli not being there was a huge factor. I'm not even counting Shami and Pant.

The pitches have been largely fair. The comments on here have been bizarre tbh. It's bordering a bit on delusion. It's turned out exactly as last series except the fact that pitches were horrible last time around and India had an experienced middle order.

TheGame

I partially agree with you.

Whether people agree here or not but the likes of Rahul and Kohli not being there was a huge factor. I'm not even counting Shami and Pant.

The pitches have been largely fair. The comments on here have been bizarre tbh. It's bordering a bit on delusion. It's turned out exactly as last series except the fact that pitches were horrible last time around and India had an experienced middle order.
Im not sure what comments you are referring so. Some people were predicting 5-0 to India before the series began. England ultimately just haven’t been good enough all round. They have been in good situations but not taken advantage. Yes they should have performed better and the batting has been abysmal, giving the bowlers no chance. But ultimately they will move on from this, taking the experience on board.

KM

Im not sure what comments you are referring so. Some people were predicting 5-0 to India before the series began. England ultimately just haven’t been good enough all round. They have been in good situations but not taken advantage. Yes they should have performed better and the batting has been abysmal, giving the bowlers no chance. But ultimately they will move on from this, taking the experience on board.
Before the series there was no indication that Kohli wasn't going to play a single match or Rahul isn't gonna play four matches.

TheGame

Before the series there was no indication that Kohli wasn't going to play a single match or Rahul isn't gonna play four matches.
Again what’s that got to with my comments. Some comments on here were saying 5-0 but like I said England just haven’t been good enough and there are no excuses for that. India have great strength in depth where they can bring in Paadikal, Jurel and Sarfarz who are all great domestically. I’m not sure aside from Brook anyone else would have that kind of an impact for England.

JohnnyKills

Yeah.

This was always going to be a development tour for us. Now we've got two good young spinners who we can move forward with.

Let's see what happens in four years' time with no Ashwin or Jadeja.

gajender

Yeah.

This was always going to be a development tour for us. Now we've got two good young spinners who we can move forward with.

Let's see what happens in four years' time with no Ashwin or Jadeja.
I think India would be fine would be more worried about English Spinners not amounting to much despite showing decent promise .

gajender

Sadly aside from Hartley or Bashir replacing Leach, it’s unlikely you will see 2 spinners in a side for England unless in the subcontinent.
I believe Leach would still be England's go to spinner and These youngsters won't play that much domestically or Internationally to gain experience to develop that much before touring India again.

massey

England need a major overhaul In team and philosophy the stokes and mcullum thing seemed good for a while but as suspected it ain't sustainable and focuses too much on being reckless it's kinda like your favourite team going all out attack every game and winning 4-3 but then teams getting wise to it.

Old Ma Crow

Really engaging series and England had their chances making it a closer contest than the score line shows. Bumrah for captain!

robinrooney

Said to a guy at work after the 1st Test that this will finish 4-1 to India. Should really have been 5-0. India threw that 1st Test away when in such a dominant position.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It's been entertaining in parts but that concluded a pretty abysmal winter for England across all formats truth be told.

TheGame

England need a major overhaul In team and philosophy the stokes and mcullum thing seemed good for a while but as suspected it ain't sustainable and focuses too much on being reckless it's kinda like your favourite team going all out attack every game and winning 4-3 but then teams getting wise to it.
I don’t think England will be overhauling on the basis of one series defeat. Let alone to a team who hasn’t lost a home series since 2012. There will be slight tweaks made, and people like Potts and Brook will come into the team.

KM

They should keep Hartley in the team even when Leach is back.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don’t think England will be overhauling on the basis of one series defeat. Let alone to a team who hasn’t lost a home series since 2012. There will be slight tweaks made, and people like Potts and Brook will come into the team.
Add to that the fact that it’s not like England have loads of performers constantly breaking the door to get into the test team. The lions team batters struggled to get any runs so the talent is pretty low

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Yep.

This has been a good series. 4-1 is a comfortable defeat but England competed far better than we have for about a decade.

People can make their own conclusions but the overwhelming reaction over here is that we put up a good show with some gloss taken off by an absolute spanking in the final test.

Dan_F

I think India would be fine would be more worried about English Spinners not amounting to much despite showing decent promise .
It’s not the end of the world. We only need more than one decent spinner when playing in one country in the world. Much more important that we find the right way to replace Broad and Anderson.