England Training Camp

mo0

Three U16s called up for the annual England U16 training camp this August.

At time of writing, 22 names have been captured. 3 representatives for United. The same amount as Arsenal, Manchester City, and Crystal Palace.

1. Demetre Mitchell
  2. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
  3. Marcus Rashford

For the sake of comparison, only Devonte Redmond was called into the U16 training camp in 2011. Mitchell was called, but had to pull out due to injury.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rashford is meant to be a bit of a talent isn't he?

mo0

all have something special. Borthwick is from the same school as Morrison and Blackett i believe.

PS18

Wasn't Joe Riley in last year as well (or did he pull out as well)?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
That's him signing for Juventus then.
:lol: To be fair though, as much as I love to see us producing our own talent, I find it rather hard to get excited over these youngsters (yes, I'm aware that sounded slightly wrong) as the chances of them making it in to our first team are quite slim. Also, with the whole Pogba debacle, these players can easily be snatched up by other clubs before they have the chance to reach their potential with us.

Very happy that Welbeck had a good run out in the first team last season as he is a local lad and came through our system, just as good as signing a £30m+ player for me.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
:lol: To be fair though, as much as I love to see us producing our own talent, I find it rather hard to get excited over these youngsters (yes, I'm aware that sounded slightly wrong) as the chances of them making it in to our first team are quite slim. Also, with the whole Pogba debacle, these players can easily be snatched up by other clubs before they have the chance to reach their potential with us.

Very happy that Welbeck had a good run out in the first team last season as he is a local lad and came through our system, just as good as signing a £30m+ player for me.
Not sure what you mean by quite slim...our juniors have a greater chance of getting in the first team and making a career in the game than at any other club.

As far as the Pogba thing is concerned...we take players from other Academies so we can hardly complain when others do it to us.

PS18

And people seem to be massively over-reacting to the Pogba situation - how many other youngsters who've come through our setup have been 'easily snatched up by other clubs'?

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
And people seem to be massively over-reacting to the Pogba situation - how many other youngsters who've come through our setup have been 'easily snatched up by other clubs'?
None that I can think of....the vast majority we release...although some do choose other options at 16 when they are offered scholarships like Johnny Gorman at Wolves.