England v India 2021 Cricket Test Series

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I really hope Hameed can cement a spot, I had no idea he’s only 24. I’d be happy to stick with Burns too

Nico87

Absolutely perfect day. Really like hameed, considering how long they stuck with others I hope he gets a prolonged run in the team.

MDFC Manager

This has been coming, let's be honest. There's only so many times that the lower middle order and the tail save our asses. Shambles.

And the bowling unit were also due a bad day but I'm far more forgiving towards those.

Longshanks

Boxing Day 2010
Today brings back glorious memories of that day.

Hameed looked much more assured amazing what happens when you play an opener as opener, although coming in on day one after the oppo have been skittled is a fairly low pressure situation.

India normally get skittled at some point in a test series in England the dukes ball nipping about takes its toll eventually but 78 all out is a real bad one.

1-1 going into the oval now looks very likely. Bubbling up to be an excellent test series.

TheGame

Great effort by England. India’s top 6 all average over 40 with Kohli over 50. From 53-3 to 78 all out is quite bizarre. Some strange shot selections by Pant and Rohit. Hope England can knock home the advantage tomorrow.

gorky_utd

And still Kohli Shastri continue to rule indian cricket. When was the last time Kohli had a decent series?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
India absolutely all at sea today lolzy...

Bowled out for 78 and already trailing by 50 with not one wicket down. So funny to think England may have wrapped up the series of only they had not lost it with bumrah

Balljy

Hameed should be given a good opportunity based on this and it is exactly what England need. If I was going to criticise it looks like he could be a bit one paced and I'm not sure he can open up if required. That's not really an issue for an opener though.

Malan seems obvious as a number 3 in hindsight as well and probably should have been brought back in sooner when his form picked back up in white ball cricket. Apparently his last two red ball scores have been 199 and 219, but they were a long away apart.

Counterfactual

I'm no expert, but does Burns move around too much in the crease as the ball is delivered? He's like a cat on a hot tin roof. When his timing works, it's not a problem, but won't he struggle when his timing's off?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
England should declare now to make it a competition,

AshRK

Pujara will score a meaningless 50 and he will reserve his place for two more tests. Shami or Ishant will score some runs and Kohli will say his tail is good.

The only reason we are one up is because of stupid captaincy by root in the last test. This 78 all out was coming.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If these 2 can see off the new ball Bairstow, Buttler & Moeen could have a bit of fun

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Absolute hammering this. Expect England to sweep the series 3-1. India just don’t have the batting to be consistent in these conditions. England were rocked and shocked at Lords’, their batting was so fragile and India’s bowlers buzzing. All that momentum had shifted in two sessions yesterday.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Makes me laugh that there was someone here arguing during the last test that Root & Anderson aren’t amongst England’s best of all time . Root is genuinely by all possible parameters one of England’s best and he is still only 30

Skills

Snitch
Makes me laugh that there was someone here arguing during the last test that Root & Anderson aren’t amongst England’s best of all time . Root is genuinely by all possible parameters one of England’s best and he is still only 30
Nobody was saying that.

Vernon Philander

I'm no expert, but does Burns move around too much in the crease as the ball is delivered? He's like a cat on a hot tin roof. When his timing works, it's not a problem, but won't he struggle when his timing's off?
Amla made a pretty good career of it, with exaggerated movement

LDUred

Athers and Warne talking about worst ever part-time bowlers.

Crying out for a mention of Hashim Amla's part time off-breaks and Alec Stewart's fast bowling.

Dan_F

Hard to be too disappointed, but that’s proper annoying considering how shit the ball was.

LDUred

The way Root drops and runs and sniffs out cheap runs must be infuriating for Kohli. He can't tie Root down because he's just too good.